What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread-Wildcards-Denver@Indy (1 Viewer)

stop the press.... payton missed his 2nd pass!!! the world is comming to an end. this guy was like superman in the first half.

Hahaha poor Mikey, I hope the Colts win 50-3. After the stunts Shanahan pulled this year with the uniform switch in San Diego and then lying about Plummers injury. Talk about a classless coach. I hope the Broncos burn.

Pretty good first quarter for Manning.If you project it out that is 28/32 516 yds and 8 TD's not a bad day's work ;)
Halftime numbers:16/18 327 yds. 4 TD'sHe's still on pace boys............................................. ;)

I won my money league superbowl going up against the guy with Priest, Peyton, and Edge.... I was up by 30 going into the last game...he had peyton and edge left to go....

Thank GOD he and Edge both choked that day......a game like this would have cost me a lot of money... :shock:

EDIT: He's on pace for a 75 point game in most scoring systems!

Last edited by a moderator:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Hold the phone! Ok, ok. I've never in my life seen a league where you start 4+ Wr's, so if you play in something like that, I'd imagine the strategy is a WHOLE lot different! There, yeah, take him.(Though I do downplay GB comparisons, as there is clearly no clear cut 1,2,3 pecking order in GB. More like 1a, 1b, and 1c.)
I played in five leagues this year (only one of which I really cared anything about) and all but one allowed for as many as 5 WRs including flex spots. But even if you're in a league that only starts 3, Stokley could be a nice guy to have on your bench for bye weeks or injuries. But while the pecking order in Green Bay may not be as precise as with other teams, the fact remains Walker was not a starter this year (excluding injuries) and therefore was on the field for fewer snaps than Driver and Ferguson were when all three played. Despite that he still nearly doubled their TD output. We saw Porter do the same type of thing last year with the Raiders and even Boerigter with the Chiefs late in the year. All I'm saying is if there's a WR who could step up with 5-7 or maybe even 8 or 9 TDs next year, that's a guy I want to keep on the radar screen whether he's a starter or not.

Pretty good first quarter for Manning.If you project it out that is 28/32 516 yds and 8 TD's not a bad day's work ;)
Halftime numbers:16/18 327 yds. 4 TD'sHe's still on pace boys............................................. ;)
:shock: Where does that rank in the top first-half QB performances of all time? curious....

stop the press.... payton missed his 2nd pass!!!
Well, the guy just can't deliver in the big games. You just had to know he wouldn't get the job done. Two incomplete passes- GO BACK TO THE FARM MANNING!

Peyton Manning is obviously the best QB in the NFL, but I would argue that he is the best player in the NFL. No doubt about it!

Could he get 600 yards and 8 TD?With the way Denver is playing :eek:
My guess is he finishes with 500/6TD but I'm hoping he breaks 600 and gets 7-8TDs....Edit to drop from 550 > 500 projected.

My guess is he will be sitting on the sidelines and chillin after the third quarter... a 6 td 500 yard performance.

Could he get 600 yards and 8 TD?With the way Denver is playing :eek:
He could and should, but the Colts will probably do what most NFL teams do when they blow open a game; change everything that was working for them and try to run the clock out.I say if your opponent is on the ropes keep swinging until he falls.... forget sportsmanship.

Anyone notice yesterday they referred to Steve McNair at least 25 times as the co-mvp Steve McNair.......how many times have you heard co-mvp Peyton Manning today.....Rush was right,he just had the mcquarterback wrong

Manning will be lucky to reach 500 yards and 5TDs IMO. The Colts will play ball control in the 2nd half and Peyton just won't have the opportunity to keep putting up those numbers. I hope it doesn't work that way but logic says it will.

Don't really know what the Colt's will start with in the 2nd half. That last TD pass to Stokely said alot about their gameplan, which seems to be to keep the Denver D clueless as to what they are doing. The logical play would have been a run to get the clock to the 2 minute warning, but they knew that Denver was waiting for that and ran the fake. Watch for more fakes and short passes to Pollard, Harrison, and James on 1st downs.GO COLTS!!

Anyone notice yesterday they referred to Steve McNair at least 25 times as the co-mvp Steve McNair.......how many times have you heard co-mvp Peyton Manning today.....Rush was right,he just had the mcquarterback wrong
I don't know about that........it might amount to the difference in annoucning teams.ESPN's All Knob Slobbers will service any media darling they can find, regardless of skin color.Gumble & Simms just actually happen to call a football game vs. fawn over every single play or anything that a star player does.

I don't know about that........it might amount to the difference in annoucning teams.ESPN's All Knob Slobbers will service any media darling they can find, regardless of skin color.Gumble & Simms just actually happen to call a football game vs. fawn over every single play or anything that a star player does.
good point

All the focus has been on Manning and deservedly so. But, Edgerrin James had accumulated quite a few yards and a couple first downs on second and thrid efforts.

With the Broncos eliminated, the best team left standing to me is the Patriots. But its such a weak field.

Jesus...a fumble?! :rotflmao: What's the odds of the announcers giving peyton credit for causing and recovering the fumble? ;)Announcers: *slurp* *slurp*Peyton: :excited:

Users who are viewing this thread