What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Detroit Lions: Getting ready for the draft in Motown. (20 Viewers)

Quandre Diggs playing lights out for Seattle. Patricia and Quinn need to go.

But the Detroit franchise has a history since the Fords of enabling failure.

So more of the same next year except Stafford will keep the team in games.
Diggs has a  chance of making the Pro-Bowl this year.

in the 80s and early 90s the three most used words by me and my Colts friends were, 1) holdem' to a field goal, 2) It's only the first half, and 3) At least there is draft day
They really need to let Detroit host the draft.  Rather than hosting another Super Bowl and much more fitting considering draft day has been it's local substitute.

Giants win means that one of them or 'Skins will pass the Lions next week if the teams don't tie (and if the Lions lose, but yeah)

If Miami can beat Cincy (and it's a big "if", even against a 1-13 team), Detroit should fall to #3.

Giants win means that one of them or 'Skins will pass the Lions next week if the teams don't tie (and if the Lions lose, but yeah)

If Miami can beat Cincy (and it's a big "if", even against a 1-13 team), Detroit should fall to #3.
Yes, that Miami game is a toss up. Outside chance of getting to #2, but it would involve a lot.

Hate this move. I just don’t think they have demonstrated basic level competency in regards to how to use the draft and Patricia has shown almost nothing.
"That would have been the popular choice, the popular decision, and we knew that," Ford Hamp Ford said".

In other words what we think means nothing to them. 

NFL teams love settling for mediocrity and doubling down on stupidity. It's what they do best. If the things we've heard about how MP treats the players and how much many of them despise him are accurate, it's going to be a long season again next year and he'll be out the door soon enough (unless Stafford playing lights out saves him).

On another note, it would be fun to see them give Sloter a shot at some point over the last two games. Might as well right? I hope it happens. 

Hate this move. I just don’t think they have demonstrated basic level competency in regards to how to use the draft and Patricia has shown almost nothing.
But... but.. the aspiration is to be a playoff contender! Not you know, MAKE the playoffs, even after Quinn said that 9-7 wasn't good enough. But contend! Be mediocre!

Martha started strong enough, but know she seemed settled in the Ford way of holding onto people too long because Stafford's injury is obviously why the defense sucked through 3/4ths of the season. So the Lions will likely settle for a change at D.C. with "new ideas" and the hopes that they don't draft a WR with their top 5 pick.

It's all the same thing. No new tale to tell.

But... but.. the aspiration is to be a playoff contender! Not you know, MAKE the playoffs, even after Quinn said that 9-7 wasn't good enough. But contend! Be mediocre!

Martha started strong enough, but know she seemed settled in the Ford way of holding onto people too long because Stafford's injury is obviously why the defense sucked through 3/4ths of the season. So the Lions will likely settle for a change at D.C. with "new ideas" and the hopes that they don't draft a WR with their top 5 pick.

SOL, pure and simple, the hard-### ways of Belichick and Coughlin don't work anymore. The Patriot way is a fraud and these stooges he has all over the league cant coach.

I guess us owners of golladay at least can hope that Patricia lasts 2 more years and thinks he can be like belicheck and let golladay walk instead of paying him big $.

The last 5 years sums up the Lions perfectly.  They had a coach who was winning games and making the playoffs, but the GM fired him because he claimed the team was more talented than that.  Then when the new coach completely tanks the next 2 years, the GM and new coach claim that they have been rebuilding.  The Fords release a statement that their expectations are to be "playoff contenders" which is actually less than what the previous coach was achieving.

:tfp:

At least they didn't extend their contracts ala Millen. At least not yet LOL.

At least they didn't extend their contracts ala Millen. At least not yet LOL.
Quinn was extended with Patricia was hired.  They both got 5 year deals.   That may have been part of the reason they are back as they would have had to pay both the remaining 3 years on their deals.  Also the team will stay with the Fords forever!!

Lions president Rod Wood reaffirmed to a small group of reporters Tuesday that Martha Firestone Ford has no plans to sell the team that's been in her family for going on 60 years.

Wood's comments came after long-time Detroit sportscaster Eli Zaret predicted on his "No Filter Sports Podcast" that Bezos, the Amazon founder, will buy the Lions in 2020.

Zaret said Bezos has been to Detroit "at least twice under the dark of night to have serious conversations" about a sale.

"We’ve been approached about interest in buying the team, but there’s been no serious discussions and the Ford Family plans to own the team," Wood said, adding that there are "plans in place" for Ford to bequeath the franchise to family members.

Quinn was extended with Patricia was hired.  They both got 5 year deals.   That may have been part of the reason they are back as they would have had to pay both the remaining 3 years on their deals.  Also the team will stay with the Fords forever!!

Lions president Rod Wood reaffirmed to a small group of reporters Tuesday that Martha Firestone Ford has no plans to sell the team that's been in her family for going on 60 years.

Wood's comments came after long-time Detroit sportscaster Eli Zaret predicted on his "No Filter Sports Podcast" that Bezos, the Amazon founder, will buy the Lions in 2020.

Zaret said Bezos has been to Detroit "at least twice under the dark of night to have serious conversations" about a sale.

"We’ve been approached about interest in buying the team, but there’s been no serious discussions and the Ford Family plans to own the team," Wood said, adding that there are "plans in place" for Ford to bequeath the franchise to family members.
No, No. A thousand times no

Dallas a big favorite to beat Washington, so a loss to GB probably leaves Lions with the #3 pick.
I wouldn't trust Dallas to win any game right now. But even after fighting hard this week, you have to wonder how hard the Redskins will try when the #2 pick is in sight.

Still, #3 is most likely. #2 "best" case, #5 at the "worst". Packers should be aiming to stomp Detroit though. Even if GB wins tonight, a 1st round bye is potentially on the line. And of course, if the Vikings win, the Packers will need the win to be able to claim the division.

Disagree with the thread title, a bit.  They can still piss in the Packer's Cheerios and I know some would like to see that after the first game this year.
Is it the the thread title about selling the team to Bezos? I would rather the Fords keep and never win a playoff game than Bezos buys them and they win a Super Bowl.

Ilov80s said:
Is it the the thread title about selling the team to Bezos? I would rather the Fords keep and never win a playoff game than Bezos buys them and they win a Super Bowl.
Eli Zaret reported that Bezos was interested and reached out to the Lions.  Given the Fords and Lions history of failure for the past 60 years he thought they might want to listen to an offer.   

It looks like the Fords have no interest so they will keep the team in the family.

If the Lions could win a Super Bowl I would not care who owned the team..hell I will take one playoff win at this point.

Eli Zaret reported that Bezos was interested and reached out to the Lions.  Given the Fords and Lions history of failure for the past 60 years he thought they might want to listen to an offer.   

It looks like the Fords have no interest so they will keep the team in the family.

If the Lions could win a Super Bowl I would not care who owned the team..hell I will take one playoff win at this point.
Yes,  looking like the next 60 years it will be all Fords.

Ilov80s said:
Really? Why would that be better?

I’m a fan of the city and the people of Michigan more than the football team. I would rather the team stay in Michigan. Same way I don’t want to see Bell’s Brewery sold to some Coors. 
Where do you think Bezos would move the team?  It isn't like the Redskins are going to let him into the DC market.

Where do you think Bezos would move the team?  It isn't like the Redskins are going to let him into the DC market.
It has nothing to do with moving the team. It's not going anywhere. If Coors bought Bells, they wouldn't move them either. That isn't the point. The Lions are a Michigan team owned by a Michigan family that spends and invests massively in Michigan. Local business is good business IMO. Amazon is convenient and I do use it sometimes but ultimately I don't think they are good for the average American worker.  Ford isn't perfect, but I  would much rather support the Ford family than the Bezos family. 

I’m a fan of the city and the people of Michigan more than the football team. I would rather the team stay in Michigan. Same way I don’t want to see Bell’s Brewery sold to some Coors. 
fords aint selling so it dont matter....i doubt bezos would move them even if he did buy em

Users who are viewing this thread