What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Detroit Lions: Getting ready for the draft in Motown. (10 Viewers)

Question for the Detroit homers... I own the Detroit DST in dynasty, who have been quite the pleasant surprise this year. But if they lose Suh, seems like that would be a major, major blow to that defense.

Is it just a foregone conclusion he's gone?
Probably, unless the Lions put the Franchise tag on him.

Question for the Detroit homers... I own the Detroit DST in dynasty, who have been quite the pleasant surprise this year. But if they lose Suh, seems like that would be a major, major blow to that defense.

Probably, unless the Lions put the Franchise tag on him.
I think its something like $26.7M to franchise him next next. He's going to count $9.4M against the cap next year regardless to prior restructuring deferrals.

Even given the $55M or so tied up in the big 3, the Lions should have around $25-30M of cap space next year. They're not likely to sign Suh but they should be active in the FA market.

To the other point, Suh makes everyone's life easier. They club opted out of Fairley's last year so the D line is going to look very different next year. They still have a very solid DB and Levey plays at a high level, but everyone keys off the push from Mosely and Suh. They have some good defensive lineman but they're likely to go from top two D line to top 10 or top 15.

I was looking at SoS today and noticed the Lions have had the 16th toughest schedule.

:confused:

Thought they were only 10-4 because they had a soft schedule?

I think the Lions franchise him, they kind of have to, you cant lose a player like Suh for nothing.

get stafford & calvin to re-structure.
I think the post above was right though -- he's almost $27MM to franchise. That's a crippling figure...
cap is projected to go up, some speculation I heard was 8 million.

I think they franchise him and hope to work out a long term deal

I think the Lions franchise him, they kind of have to, you cant lose a player like Suh for nothing.

I think the post above was right though -- he's almost $27MM to franchise. That's a crippling figure...

I am not sure the Lions can get a long term deal. Suh seems to have soured on Detroit. I think he is looking for more limelight. Perhaps if the Lions go to the SuperBowl, that could change.

I am not sure the Lions can get a long term deal. Suh seems to have soured on Detroit. I think he is looking for more limelight. Perhaps if the Lions go to the SuperBowl, that could change.
If the Lions offer him the most money I think Suh will be back, if another team outbids the Lions Suh will be gone. When you listen to him talk you can tell that Suh has no emotions attached to any team. Whoever pays him the most money he will line up and play for.

If the Lions offer him the most money I think Suh will be back, if another team outbids the Lions Suh will be gone. When you listen to him talk you can tell that Suh has no emotions attached to any team. Whoever pays him the most money he will line up and play for.
I agree with this to a certain extent. There are no emotions involved and Suh is all about the business. IMO, Football is a means to an end and while the contract numbers are extremely important, marketing the Suh brand is more important. I believe he would take less $$ to move to the NY or Chicago market where the Suh brand would become more marketable. I think he he sees himself as another Strahan. I seriously doubt he comes back simply because the Detroit market is too small.

cap is projected to go up, some speculation I heard was 8 million.I think they franchise him and hope to work out a long term deal
I agree with this to a certain extent. There are no emotions involved and Suh is all about the business. IMO, Football is a means to an end and while the contract numbers are extremely important, marketing the Suh brand is more important. I believe he would take less $$ to move to the NY or Chicago market where the Suh brand would become more marketable. I think he he sees himself as another Strahan. I seriously doubt he comes back simply because the Detroit market is too small.
Don't like it but he'll probably be a bear.

-- The Lions have now won four straight games against the Bears. This is the first time since 1973-74 that Detroit has swept Chicago in back-to-back seasons. That also was the last time Detroit won in the Windy City in back-to-back years.

-- Detroit is now 5-0 in the NFC North, setting a franchise record for division wins since realignment in 2002. The Lions are now 8-2 in the division the past two years. Only Indianapolis (11-0) and Denver (10-1) had won more than eight.

-- Calvin Johnson surpassed 1,000 yards receiving for the fifth straight year, and also climbed past Jerry Rice on the all-time list for yards in a player's first eight seasons. Johnson now trails only Torry Holt.

-- Glover Quin now has an interception in four straight games, and has seven picks overall. That leads the league, and matches the most by a Lions player since Kurt Schulz had seven in 2000.

-- The Lions have now won four straight games against the Bears. This is the first time since 1973-74 that Detroit has swept Chicago in back-to-back seasons. That also was the last time Detroit won in the Windy City in back-to-back years.

-- Detroit is now 5-0 in the NFC North, setting a franchise record for division wins since realignment in 2002. The Lions are now 8-2 in the division the past two years. Only Indianapolis (11-0) and Denver (10-1) had won more than eight.

-- Calvin Johnson surpassed 1,000 yards receiving for the fifth straight year, and also climbed past Jerry Rice on the all-time list for yards in a player's first eight seasons. Johnson now trails only Torry Holt.

-- Glover Quin now has an interception in four straight games, and has seven picks overall. That leads the league, and matches the most by a Lions player since Kurt Schulz had seven in 2000.
Stafford is still ### though, don't get your hopes up. Get ready for lots of red zone picks and choking in the playoffs.

Stafford is still ### though, don't get your hopes up. Get ready for lots of red zone picks and choking in the playoffs.
Not exactly an issue around here, guy..

We're happy to be in the playoffs. That's happened twice in the last 15 years. They haven't won in Lambeau since before Clinton was President, and last won a road playoff a few weeks after Sputnik I.

By Lions standards, pretty big step forward this year.

I think it is also Staffords fourth straight year with 4,000+ passing yards.

I think it is also Staffords fourth straight year with 4,000+ passing yards.
Nice!! how about those 19 Td's though!!

Stafford has not had a good year, but he's played well in several comebacks.

He's beaten Rodgers the last two times in Detroit. At some point his career will be judged by how he performed v. GB, winning teams, in the playoffs et al. It's not a very good track record to date.

He's beaten Rodgers the last two times in Detroit. At some point his career will be judged by how he performed v. GB, winning teams, in the playoffs et al. It's not a very good track record to date.
He sucks.

He sucks.
Hasn't played his best when it matters the most in the past.

Forward.

It's 57 years and counting. Maybe Stafgord is the guy that can reverse that. Maybe it doesn't matter; this team is predicated on key plays by Suh, Levey & Quinn.

But sooner or later a Lions team will say #### history #### haters we believe in ourselves and don't care what anyone else believes.

I like winning ugly. Keeps everyone doubting them. But make no mistake, they win by making plays.

I don't have any particular reason other than I like pulling for the underdog sometimes, but I hope Det pulls off a miracle in GB next week. Better yet I hope they end up with the 2 seed.

He sucks.
Hasn't played his best when it matters the most in the past.

Forward.

It's 57 years and counting. Maybe Stafgord is the guy that can reverse that. Maybe it doesn't matter; this team is predicated on key plays by Suh, Levey & Quinn.

But sooner or later a Lions team will say #### history #### haters we believe in ourselves and don't care what anyone else believes.

I like winning ugly. Keeps everyone doubting them. But make no mistake, they win by making plays.
You "quit" the Lions two years ago. Why did you come back?

He sucks.
Hasn't played his best when it matters the most in the past.Forward.

You "quit" the Lions two years ago. Why did you come back?
I did indeed - never hid from that, provided the link myself when people have referenced it.

I tried being a non-Fan of the Lions for a year. I just followed the league, still loved playing FF, but just took a unaffected stance towards the Lions. They lost 6 of their last 7 last year, led every game in the 4th quarter. This following losing their last 8 the year I publicly announced I was quitting.

I didn't really latch onto any team during my hiatus, but I took an interest in several - Bills, Browns, Chiefs. I admire any loyal and long suffering fan base. But none of the other 31 teams is part of the fabric of my life.

I'm heading into my 16th year of being a New Yorker, and self-identify as such. But their sports teams are not my teams.

I can't say anything else about the why other than just that - they're my team.

This team has to get a home playoff game or it is 1 and done
I think it's one and done either way. They don't have the killer instinct. It's as if Herm Edwards is the head coach. They are totally relying on their defense to keep them in the game when they should be destroying team with the offensive weapons they have and the defense they have.

If they keep playing not to lose, they will lose.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's one and done either way. They don't have the killer instinct. It's as if Herm Edwards is the head coach. They are totally relying on their defense to keep them in the game when they should be destroying team with the offensive weapons they have and the defense they have.

I can agree with that for the most part. If they find a way to win in Green Bay next week though I give them a decent chance to advance. Odds are they would be playing Dallas at Ford Field or Atlanta or Arizona. I am assuming that the Seahawks win out.

So Seattle would be the 1, Detroit the 2, Dallas 3, Atlanta 4, Arizona 5 and Green Bay 6.

In reality though I think they get killed next week end up as the 6th seed and lose to Dallas.

So Caldwell comes in and leads this team to a 11-4 record and people talk crap. Killer instinct? lol Your negativity combined with the rhetoric is funny.

He made it there, right?

Congrats Lions fans. Long time coming.
Thanks.

Caldwell tied a Lions record for most wins by first year HC - Potsy Clark also had 11 wins.

In 1931. In Portsmouth. Clark coached the Spartans for three years and led Detroit after the relocation, as well as 1940. His 7 year winning percentage of .679 is the highest in team history, and he is one of three (Parker, Wilson) Lions coaches to win an NFL Championship.

Yes, long time coming.

I don`t understand...I have watched the Lions my whole life and now they are 11-4 for the first time in my life. I should be so excited about this team yet for some reason I am not. I am happy they won but the Bears quit weeks ago and Jimmy started his first game in 4 years.

So the overwhelming likelihood is that Detroit either beats GB and gets the 2 seed or loses and gets the 6th, where they'll face Dallas? While obviously the best first-round match-up would be vs. the AFC South winner, facing Tony Romo in the playoffs isn't exactly hopeless.

[As a side note, it's technically possible for them to get the 1 or 5 seed, but would require both SEA and AZ to lose next week. It's also possible Dallas could slip into the No. 2 seed behind GB, which would leave Detroit @ SEA (yikes!) for the 3/6 game.]

I don`t understand...I have watched the Lions my whole life and now they are 11-4 for the first time in my life. I should be so excited about this team yet for some reason I am not. I am happy they won but the Bears quit weeks ago and Jimmy started his first game in 4 years.
Are you just a miserable person or something? I dont understand the supposed Lions fan hate for a good team. Because they are not the type of good they should be in your eyes? Nothing is good enough.

Are you just a miserable person or something? I dont understand the supposed Lions fan hate for a good team. Because they are not the type of good they should be in your eyes? Nothing is good enough.
You need to relax on the Lion fans. It is simple the Lions don't pass the eye ball test. They remind me of the fantasy football team in your league that is 11th out of 12 in points, but some how they are 9 - 2 and lead your division. It is better to be lucky than good, but luck runs out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because this team has no killer instinct. The team should be putting up big points but is barely beating teams like they did week 1. Other than that week, they don't put away opponents.

Seriously. These guys get worked in the turnover battle. On the road. To a division rival. And they win. 11-4 people.

And Clausen looked like an nfl qb. He by no means tore it up, but he got rid of the ball quickly and fairly accurately, and his receivers certainly didn't help.

That said, a road playoff game would suck.

You need to relax on the Lion fans. It is simple the Lions don't pass the eye ball test.They remind me of the fantasy football team in your league that is 11th out of 12 in points, but some how they are 9 - 2 and lead your division. It is better to be lucky than good, but luck runs out.
Maybe the offense doesn't pass the eye ball test but that defense looks damn good to me

Users who are viewing this thread