What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Detroit Lions: Getting ready for the draft in Motown. (11 Viewers)

Ramsey isn't a team guy and there are loads of premier shut down corners that have fallen off a cliff.
Ramsey is 24 with every athletic trait and bit of pedigree possible. He’s as unlikely as an NFL player to fall off a cliff anytime soon. He’s got some OBJ to him where he’s ultra ultra competitive and can lose his cool but I don’t think the Jags are a well managed team and I’m not going to say Ramsey isn’t a team player. Have Jags players come out and spoken against him?

From PFF_George on Twitter 

Ramsey was targeted 120 times covering AB/TY/Tyreek/OBJ/D-Hop, he’s allowed a 69 passer rating. 

Rest of the NFL allowed a 104 rating when covering that group. 

JR is the only corner with 300+ targets that allowed -EPA/target (offense is worse off after the play).

Is he a risk? He’s a trash talker and ultra competitive. I don’t know what the risk is. Brady and Rogers argue with their coaches all the time. 
I like him as a player. So We will see if they get involved.  Since he wants to be the highest paid CB in the NFL next season I don`t see them going after him.

Taco Charlton was released by the Cowboys today, should kick the tires on him too.

I like him as a player. So We will see if they get involved.  Since he wants to be the highest paid CB in the NFL next season I don`t see them going after him.

Taco Charlton was released by the Cowboys today, should kick the tires on him too.
Agree 100% here

It would not seem to fit their previous actions. Jags want 2 #1 picks, which would switch the lions into a win now or everyone is fired mode. Of course having a more than solid defense now would help everyone currently employed.
I think the Lions might already be there. I doubt they do it but just having fun thinking about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
If any week the Lions could beat Philly this is the week.  Detroit coming in healthy and Philly decimated by injuries.

Lions win this one. 

You personally don't see it happening or you don't think the Lions would pay him?

I'll tell ya what, I like Slay a lot, he makes big plays, but he's not a shut down corner in the mold of a 24 year old Ramsey. You are either going to have to extend an older Slay at top corner $$$ or you pay an actual young top corner whatever the market dictates.

I will take the latter all day.

If any week the Lions could beat Philly this is the week.  Detroit coming in healthy and Philly decimated by injuries.

Lions win this one. 
I was really shocked to see the line at + 6-7. I think this is really not giving the Lions enough credit even IF Philly was healthy. They are totally not and vulnerable.

Lions cover and probably win straight up.

Lions win this one. 
These are the type of games the SOLs lose all the time. Beat the Pack with no Rogers and go to playoffs-- Flynn throws 6 TDs and basically never plays for anyone again.

I think you are. I've got no skin in the game and Detroit and Stafford are off to a really solid year. 
They beat the fourth-worst team in the league and a west coast team that historically plays terrible on the road in 1:00 starts.  Stafford has looked fine, but the stats don't really support that he's having a really solid year so far.  Maybe this team is good, but I expect them to get slaughtered in Philly.

They beat the fourth-worst team in the league and a west coast team that historically plays terrible on the road in 1:00 starts.  Stafford has looked fine, but the stats don't really support that he's having a really solid year so far.  Maybe this team is good, but I expect them to get slaughtered in Philly.
First, a quibble about the QB: Stafford's aDOT and adjusted completion rates and yards are all top ten if not top five, but that's okay.

As for the game, we can just do the eye/attrition test: How do you think Philly holds up with Nelson Agholor as WR1 and their other guys really banged up?

The Lions have a fighting chance indeed. I mean, I'm with you that Philly likely wins, but it's not out the realm of probability, never mind bizarre.

How do you think Philly holds up with Nelson Agholor as WR1 and their other guys really banged up?
The only player that I know of who is out for Philly who can affect a game by himself is Desean Jackson.  I think they'll be fine without him.  Losing Jeffery and Goedert are inconveniences for them, at worst. 

I don't recall if Philly lost players on the defensive side of the ball last week, but if they did that may affect my prediction.

The only player that I know of who is out for Philly who can affect a game by himself is Desean Jackson.  I think they'll be fine without him.  Losing Jeffery and Goedert are inconveniences for them, at worst. 

I don't recall if Philly lost players on the defensive side of the ball last week, but if they did that may affect my prediction.
I think they lost one defensive guy and a special teamer/running back.

Listen, I get it, the Lions haven't looked great in not losing this year but that's the key here IMO. They still didn't lose and haven't played a real good complete game yet. Most of their mistakes are the correctable type. I see more talent on this field this year since perhaps Schwartz's 11 win season and even that team couldn't boast the good young talent that this team has.

Not sure if you are watching these games completely if you don't see the actual potential here. It's there and I'm not always optimistic after 36 years of watching this clown show.

Lions should keep it close, but a road win in Philly is still asking for a lot.
Normally I would completely agree, however:

• Philly injuries -- Top two WRs and TE1B are out for a team trying to run two TE sets
  • What we do well at the moment (passing) is what Philly is not doing well on defense (31st)
  • Our OC is a significant upgrade sans the timeout call for the perfect play he called which would have led to a fairly dominant road win in AZ
  • If Philly can't pass effectively their RB situation is far from figured out at this point. Their rookie is playing like a rookie who's not quite ready
I think if the Lion's special teams can get their #&@! together and the DL shows an improved ability to get pressure on the QB, this is a winnable game.

SOL would make JJAW look like Jerry Rice.  8-130-2.  we'll see if they are SOL
Hmm...I do believe I know what you mean. It's a mixture of internet slang and Murphy's Law, if I'm not mistaken. Well I'll just say I have not sipped from the JJAW Kool-Aid at any time and he looked a little lost and slow last Sunday night. We'll see.

Was it like 2011 ? Sure we started off on fire if that’s the year we ended up playing NO in playoffs 

Good: 

• Getting consistent pressure on the QB with just 3-4 rushers, even on the road against a great OL
  • LBs not getting totally exploited in pass protection like last year
  • No sacks allowed!
Bad:

• Another breakdown in special teams almost cost us the game
  • Slay hurt again?
  • Need to get better in red zone to take the next step.
  • Still can't run consistently.
I have a feeling we are going to get a reality check next Sunday when Mahomes comes to town but right now I feel a lot better about Patricia and this team than I did in preseason and after week 1.  Great feeling to go on the road and get a W against a team like that.  Makes up for Saturday's adventure in Madison.

I was really shocked to see the line at + 6-7. I think this is really not giving the Lions enough credit even IF Philly was healthy. They are totally not and vulnerable.

Lions cover and probably win straight up.
Fantastic call, even if it was made through your Honolulu Blue-tinged glasses. 

Good: 

• Getting consistent pressure on the QB with just 3-4 rushers, even on the road against a great OL
  • LBs not getting totally exploited in pass protection like last year
  • No sacks allowed!
Bad:

• Another breakdown in special teams almost cost us the game
  • Slay hurt again?
  • Need to get better in red zone to take the next step.
  • Still can't run consistently.
I have a feeling we are going to get a reality check next Sunday when Mahomes comes to town but right now I feel a lot better about Patricia and this team than I did in preseason and after week 1.  Great feeling to go on the road and get a W against a team like that.  Makes up for Saturday's adventure in Madison.
I must have been watching a different game.  They only got pressure when Wentz held the ball forever because nobody was open.  Jarrad Davis still has no clue in coverage.

Good point on the run blocking.  Lions have lived the entire 21st century in the bottom half or third of the NFL when it comes to running the ball. You can't win long term with those kind of results.

Users who are viewing this thread