Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Da Guru

DETROIT LIONS 2020: Stafford COVID test false positive.

I hope Murray and Stewart leave without deals, that’s not what we need. If we need a fa let’s get Crowell. If we sign a grizzly vet I’d rather have frank gore. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ilov80s said:

Part of me thinks Burton might be pretty overrated. Was that Eagles offense just really well ran and he was schemed open a lot? Maybe. We are talking about a TE with 4 years in the NFL, 5 games started and only 629 career yards. I know Ebron has been frustrating due to the drops and being way overdrafted. But Ebron is 1.5 years younger and has over 2000 career yards.

Those are good points. I certainly would not want the Lion's to blow a lot of funds on him but they may have to in order to sign him if the interest is there from other teams. TE is not a huge need for this team and Michael Roberts played well enough to be a #2 in this offense. If they sign Burton and get someone to trade for Ebron I am fine with it as long as the contract was reasonable. 

• Like 1

Just now, Snorkelson said:

I hope Murray and Stewart leave without deals, that’s not what we need. If we need a fa let’s get Crowell. If we sign a grizzly vet I’d rather have frank gore. 

I don't mind Murray if it is essentially a one year deal and he is healthy and we back it up with a promising rookie. I would love Crowell as I always loved him as a runner and feel like he still has upside. 

6 minutes ago, King of the Jungle said:

I don't mind Murray if it is essentially a one year deal and he is healthy and we back it up with a promising rookie. I would love Crowell as I always loved him as a runner and feel like he still has upside. 

If that’s how it goes I’m on board- but we need to get some fresh legs back there. There are so many talented backs again this year, I’d hate to pass on all of them because we signed Murray or Stewart. 

• Like 1

Stupid non-news hype but report of Patricia wants to get his own version of Gronk and it won't be Ebron.

So stupid. One, it's the non news story of the year that Ebron isn't the next Gronk. Also, what team wouldn't want a HoF player at any position? What will we hear next, Jon Gruden is looking for a Joe Thomas or Hue Jackson would like the next Drew Brees?

1 hour ago, swabs said:

Wilkerson, Murray, and Stewart in for visits.  Wilkerson at the right price would be a nice addition.  I'd be OK with Stewart added to the RB group also.

didn't see any blurbs about wilkerson.  that'd be sweet, but i have a feeling his price, like suh's, will be prohibitive.

2 hours ago, Ilov80s said:

Stupid non-news hype but report of Patricia wants to get his own version of Gronk and it won't be Ebron.

So stupid. One, it's the non news story of the year that Ebron isn't the next Gronk. Also, what team wouldn't want a HoF player at any position? What will we hear next, Jon Gruden is looking for a Joe Thomas or Hue Jackson would like the next Drew Brees?

There wasn't  a Gronk before Gronk, and I don't see another one on the horizon either.

• Like 1

I want Wilkerson.  Him and A'Shawn would be a pretty formidable middle

I’d rather have Suh as well but contract is everything. We can’t be one of these dumb teams that sink too much money in guy’s potentially on the downside of their careers.

20 hours ago, swabs said:

Wilkerson, Murray, and Stewart in for visits.  Wilkerson at the right price would be a nice addition.  I'd be OK with Stewart added to the RB group also.

Lions going for cheap old RBS?     Jim Brown and Emmitt Smith to workout today.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Da Guru said:

Lions going for cheap old RBS?     Jim Brown and Emmitt Smith to workout today.

Pass on Murray. How does everyone rank the following free agent RBs?

Crowell, Lewis, McKinnon, Hyde, Burkhead, Martin?

14 minutes ago, ffweasel said:

Pass on Murray. How does everyone rank the following free agent RBs?

Crowell, Lewis, McKinnon, Hyde, Burkhead, Martin?

Not Burkhead,,,,I like Hydes potential at 6-0 235 he is a bigger RB but he does not seem to be high on the peoples list.

Edited by Da Guru

Lions are really staying quiet. I don’t know  much about the LB they added but I really like everything I’ve read about him. 

Couple of “multi-use” LBs. Seems like that’s the kind of player Patricia likes?   

So Hyde and Lewis still available. 

Thought maybe Butler, but he signed a nice 5yr 61 mil contract with Titans. 

• Like 1

Interesting start to the proceedings. Two versatile and big LBs who are still quite young. I expect Patricia reckons he can improve them further. 

Really want to see a DT come in after Ngata leaving. Think Daquan Jones might not be as pricy as some like Poe etc. 

Wilson and Lawson re-signed.

What do we still expect here ? 

RB

DT

maybe a left guard/center type 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TartanLion said:

Interesting start to the proceedings. Two versatile and big LBs who are still quite young. I expect Patricia reckons he can improve them further. 

Really want to see a DT come in after Ngata leaving. Think Daquan Jones might not be as pricy as some like Poe etc. 

Wilson and Lawson re-signed.

What do we still expect here ? 

RB

DT

maybe a left guard/center type 

Plenty of veteran platoon backs out there: Hyde, Martin, Burkhead, Hill, I’d expext one of those guys. That or they will take a RB on round 1-2 to pair with AA and Theo.

Got to sign a guard or center. I’d be ok with them spending some money on Spencer Long or Ryan Jensen.

I doubt Suh will make sense money wise but he would obviously improve the D immensely. I could see a guy like Bennie Logan getting signed. He’s a big body to play in Ngata’s rotational spot.

Think I’d like Hyde out of those if the price wasn’t prohibitive. He’s been pretty fit for the last two seasons, and he’s an aggressive runner who’s more of an all rounder than any of the backs we own. It wouldnt be madness to...

Sign an experienced all rounder RB

Draft someone who could be an all rounder 

Riddick/Abdullah share the role Riddicks been playing for a few years. I think if Abdullah is to have any chance being worthwhile for us it’s as a back in space. Riddick has been the man here of course, but Abdullah is no slouch with receptions and Riddick has had persistent wrist issues. 

Edited by TartanLion

11 hours ago, TartanLion said:

Think I’d like Hyde out of those if the price wasn’t prohibitive. He’s been pretty fit for the last two seasons, and he’s an aggressive runner who’s more of an all rounder than any of the backs we own. It wouldnt be madness to...

Sign an experienced all rounder RB

Draft someone who could be an all rounder 

Riddick/Abdullah share the role Riddicks been playing for a few years. I think if Abdullah is to have any chance being worthwhile for us it’s as a back in space. Riddick has been the man here of course, but Abdullah is no slouch with receptions and Riddick has had persistent wrist issues. 

Browns got Hyde for a real nice price 3 years 15 million. At this point we are almost assured to be taking a 2nd pick on a RB. 

I like frank gore- he’s old but he would push like crazy to earn a role and push all of the rbs. Then draft a back in rds 2-4 somewhere as well. 

• Like 1

Not enthused by Gore, had hoped to get a  FA with some more juice like Hyde. I guess, if we spend a 2-3 rounder on an RB, then Gore could be  a good backup/mentor. 

If it is Gore though it kind of funnels us into spending a high pick on RB for def though. Our options would have been more open if we’d snagged a Crowell/Hyde type. 

At this point, I just want to see us beef up the front line on D with our next FA grab. 

I do NOT want to settle for old man Gore. No. Just no. 

What about a trade for Ingram? New Orleans need a TE? I’ll take off my fantasy GM hat and listen..

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ffweasel said:

I do NOT want to settle for old man Gore. No. Just no. 

What about a trade for Ingram? New Orleans need a TE? I’ll take off my fantasy GM hat and listen..

Hahah that’s a good one. 

• Like 1

Signed third free agent LB, Nick Bellore. Final piece to the puzzle. Playoffs, baby!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ffweasel said:

Signed third free agent LB, Nick Bellore. Final piece to the puzzle. Playoffs, baby!

It was maybe their weakest position, we can't say they didn't at least try.

• Like 1

I may not be Lions homer but I would put trust in freshly hired HC Patricia and his GM Quinn to remake their defense.  Patricia is heady guy with engineering background will do great in coaching these new acquired players. 

1 hour ago, ffweasel said:

he's a ST piece.  outside of that, he's a back up.  that's all.

• Like 1

Letting free agency come to them, not making panic signings or giving away the bank for anyone, I kind of like what they’re doing.:construction:

1 minute ago, Snorkelson said:

Letting free agency come to them, not making panic signings or giving away the bank for anyone, I kind of like what they’re doing.:construction:

Quite a bit of overpaying out there. 

9 minutes ago, ffweasel said:

Quite a bit of overpaying out there. 

Matthieu released, let’s make our splash. Lost Hayden, need a corner slot. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Snorkelson said:

Matthieu released, let’s make our splash. Lost Hayden, need a corner slot. 

I understand they were looking at Shead, but I’d welcome Matthieu. 

4 minutes ago, swabs said:

Ebron  released

I think that's a surprise. Who is going to play TE?

Does that save us the full 8m to be spent somewhere else ? If it does, I’m happy with it being spent on some more D

Im down with it, the guy we drafted last year can catch and is a redzone threat. We just need to replace Fells for blocking. Perhaps we should maybe have kept Fells since his blocking was legit 

Hopefully it means we are going to snag a really nice DT in the coming days 

Edited by TartanLion
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TartanLion said:

Does that save us the full 8m to be spent somewhere else ? If it does, I’m happy with it being spent on some more D

Im down with it, the guy we drafted last year can catch and is a redzone threat. We just need to replace Fells for blocking. Perhaps we should maybe have kept Fells since his blocking was legit 

Hopefully it means we are going to snag a really nice DT in the coming days 

Are we sure? He has 4 career receptions. Tight end looks like a huge problem right now.

1 hour ago, whoknew said:

I think that's a surprise. Who is going to play TE?

Tyler Eiffert? Ed Dickson?

Just now, Ilov80s said:

Are we sure? He has 4 career receptions. Tight end looks like a huge problem right now.

Roberts can catch but is a giant lumbering guy. Huuuuge hands. Good post up ability but isn’t stretching the seam. 

I have no doubt he can catch a football. Is he ready to be a primary pass catching option in the NFL? There is zero evidence of that. 

Julius Thomas got cut. It’s looking like we are going to have to bring in somebody pretty bad.

28 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

I have no doubt he can catch a football. Is he ready to be a primary pass catching option in the NFL? There is zero evidence of that. 

Julius Thomas got cut. It’s looking like we are going to have to bring in somebody pretty bad.

No he’s likely not. I don’t think any of the rookies are really nfl ready. Sooooooo I don’t know what we’re doing here. I trust FO because I’m rooting for them and I kind of have to have faith or why am I rooting for them? 8 mil is a decent amount but who you want to spend it on? There’s still some quality players out there but that 8 mil would have been more useful early in fa. Any rfa’s that got rendered that may be worth pursuing? 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, King of the Jungle said:

I forgot about Eifert....always hurt but wouldn’t mind a one year deal to see if he can perform.

If he was ever healthy he would still be in Cinci or he would have been signed already. No harm in a 1 year deal but I have little faith he can stay healthy.

18 minutes ago, Snorkelson said:

No he’s likely not. I don’t think any of the rookies are really nfl ready. Sooooooo I don’t know what we’re doing here. I trust FO because I’m rooting for them and I kind of have to have faith or why am I rooting for them? 8 mil is a decent amount but who you want to spend it on? There’s still some quality players out there but that 8 mil would have been more useful early in fa. Any rfa’s that got rendered that may be worth pursuing? 

Not sure about RFAs other than Cam Meredith but WR isn’t a big need- especially not an outside WR like Meredith. There are still 1 or 2 highly thought of OG/C FAs and I am really hoping they land one. I know we resigned Wilson and Lawson but maybe the Lions saw Honey Badger was leaving Arizona and they want to give him a big deal? Were they clearing money for Suh?

Is ASJ still available? 

Just now, Ilov80s said:

If he was ever healthy he would still be in Cinci or he would have been signed already. No harm in a 1 year deal but I have little faith he can stay healthy.

Not sure about RFAs other than Cam Meredith but WR isn’t a big need- especially not an outside WR like Meredith. There are still 1 or 2 highly thought of OG/C FAs and I am really hoping they land one. I know we resigned Wilson and Lawson but maybe the Lions saw Honey Badger was leaving Arizona and they want to give him a big deal? Were they clearing money for Suh?

Is ASJ still available? 

I think Eric swoope was tendered but I don’t know what rd. ASJ would be an option...

CB Shead in on a one year deal. We look pretty sorted at DB and LB has been beefed up of course. 

TE is a worry I agree, but I’m sure we can find some similar production to Ebron for a fraction of the price. I’d rather spend that 8m in other areas 

• Like 1