Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jim11

Sheriff Joe Investigated Obama

I would like to hear more from Pots.

What would you like to hear?

More of your thoughts on the Obama birth certificate controversy.

I don't know much about it, I saw the video I linked and thought it was interesting. I then tried to do a little research and figured there was a thread about it in the FFA so I did a search. This was the closest/latest thing I found relevant to the subject. I was hoping to see some info/thoughts about the subject and all I found was a Jim11 bashing thread. So I'm a bit disappointed by that. I feel the fact that they released a fake birth certificate to be more damning than them not saying anything at all about it. I do think it's important that someone running for position that has the requirement that they be a natural born U.S. citizen be able to prove that fact. Frankly I'm surprised that it looks like the vast majority don't care a fake certificate was released like it was. If this is just a case of poor record keeping of Hawaii in the early 1960's, then I wish they'd just come out and explain that instead of manufacturing documents which seems really shady.

I don't know much about it, I saw the video I linked and thought it was interesting. I then tried to do a little research and figured there was a thread about it in the FFA so I did a search. This was the closest/latest thing I found relevant to the subject. I was hoping to see some info/thoughts about the subject and all I found was a Jim11 bashing thread. So I'm a bit disappointed by that. I feel the fact that they released a fake birth certificate to be more damning than them not saying anything at all about it. I do think it's important that someone running for position that has the requirement that they be a natural born U.S. citizen be able to prove that fact. Frankly I'm surprised that it looks like the vast majority don't care a fake certificate was released like it was. If this is just a case of poor record keeping of Hawaii in the early 1960's, then I wish they'd just come out and explain that instead of manufacturing documents which seems really shady.
:subscribe:

I don't know much about it, I saw the video I linked and thought it was interesting. I then tried to do a little research and figured there was a thread about it in the FFA so I did a search. This was the closest/latest thing I found relevant to the subject. I was hoping to see some info/thoughts about the subject and all I found was a Jim11 bashing thread. So I'm a bit disappointed by that.
Maybe you should work on your search skills.

Here I'll help!

I feel the fact that they released a fake birth certificate to be more damning than them not saying anything at all about it. I do think it's important that someone running for position that has the requirement that they be a natural born U.S. citizen be able to prove that fact. Frankly I'm surprised that it looks like the vast majority don't care a fake certificate was released like it was. If this is just a case of poor record keeping of Hawaii in the early 1960's, then I wish they'd just come out and explain that instead of manufacturing documents which seems really shady.

:lmao:

I don't know much about it, I saw the video I linked and thought it was interesting. I then tried to do a little research and figured there was a thread about it in the FFA so I did a search. This was the closest/latest thing I found relevant to the subject. I was hoping to see some info/thoughts about the subject and all I found was a Jim11 bashing thread. So I'm a bit disappointed by that.
Maybe you should work on your search skills.

Here I'll help!

I feel the fact that they released a fake birth certificate to be more damning than them not saying anything at all about it. I do think it's important that someone running for position that has the requirement that they be a natural born U.S. citizen be able to prove that fact. Frankly I'm surprised that it looks like the vast majority don't care a fake certificate was released like it was. If this is just a case of poor record keeping of Hawaii in the early 1960's, then I wish they'd just come out and explain that instead of manufacturing documents which seems really shady.

Thanks for pointing out that thread, though I don't understand your 2nd response.

Pots, you might want to investigate a bit further than just one video.

We'll never know.. The information will be obscured forever.. You can't prove anything at that point.. Innocent until proven guilty..

But what better sources of info would I need other than Youtube and Jim11? :unsure:

But what better sources of info would I need other than Youtube and Jim11? :unsure:
:goodposting: dont let the lame stream media tell you otherwise

You can't touch Obama on defense, jobs or the economy so we're back to this :lmao:

You can't touch Obama on defense, jobs or the economy so we're back to this :lmao:FIXED

Regardless, the requirement that our president be a native born citizen is one of the dumbest laws on our books.

Oh, my :lmao:

Regardless, the requirement that our president be a native born citizen is one of the dumbest laws on our books.

In Minnesota it is illegal to sponsor a greased pig contest.

In Minnesota it is illegal to sponsor a greased pig contest.
In Allentown, PA it's illegal to have an erection in public. Both those laws make more sense than requiring our president to be born here.

Read the Constitution lately?

Read the Constitution lately?
you know what i meant

Where are we at with this?

People are trying to sweep this conspiracy that is 50 years in the making under the rug.

For those of you interested in more sheriff Joe hijinks, go read the Arizona ethics opinion disbarring former county prosecutor Andrew Thomas. It's lengthy, but there's plenty in there on how sheriff Joe went after county board members and judges with no legal basis and signed indictments avowing to facts never investigated.

Sadly, this idiot won reelection yesterday.

Arizona residents are a mystery.

Not really. Old (white) people love him and that's who shows up to vote more consistently than any other group. By the way, we have a lot of old white people here. This place will go blue once the boomers die off.

I vote his opponent every time.

Not really. Old (white) people love him and that's who shows up to vote more consistently than any other group. By the way, we have a lot of old white people here. This place will go blue once the boomers die off.

I vote his opponent every time.

Pretty much the only reason I voted yesterday was to vote against Sheriff Joe. Hard to believe that someone like him still has the support that he does. But if you talk to someone who supports him, they don't even deny the allegations against him.

Its hard to understand why anyone would vote for this guy.

Link

Judge Finds Violations of Rights by Sheriff
By FERNANDA SANTOS

PHOENIX — A federal judge ruled on Friday that Sheriff Joe Arpaio and his deputies had violated the constitutional rights of Latinos by targeting them during raids and traffic stops here and throughout Maricopa County.
With his ruling, Judge G. Murray Snow of United States District Court delivered the most decisive defeat so far to Sheriff Arpaio, who has come to symbolize Arizona’s strict approach to immigration enforcement by making it the leading mission for many of the 800 deputies under his command at the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office.

At 142 pages, the decision is peppered with stinging criticism of the policies and practices espoused by Sheriff Arpaio, who Judge Snow said had turned much of his focus to arresting immigrants who were in the country illegally, in most cases civil violations, at the expense of fighting crimes.
He said the sheriff relied on racial profiling and illegal detentions to target Latinos, using their ethnicity as the main basis for suspecting they were in the country illegally. Many of the people targeted were American citizens or legal residents.

“In an immigration enforcement context,” Judge Snow ruled, the sheriff’s office “did not believe that it constituted racial profiling to consider race as one factor among others in making law enforcement decisions.” In fact, he said its plans and policies confirmed that, “in the context of immigration enforcement,” deputies “could consider race as one factor among others.”

The ruling prohibits the sheriff’s office from using “race or Latino ancestry” as a factor in deciding to stop any vehicle with Latino occupants, or as a factor in deciding whether they may be in the country without authorization.

It also prohibits deputies from reporting a vehicle’s Latino occupants to federal immigration authorities or detaining, holding or arresting them, unless there is more than just a “reasonable belief” that they are in the country illegally. To detain them, the ruling said, the deputies must also have reasonable suspicion that the occupants are violating the state’s human-trafficking and employment laws or committing other crimes.
Tim Casey, a lawyer for the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office, said the office intended to appeal, but in the meantime it would “comply with the letter and spirit of the court’s decision.”

He said the office’s position is that it “has never used race and never will use race to make any law enforcement decision.”
The office relied on training from the United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency, he said, adding, “It’s obvious it received bad training from the federal government.”

The ruling is a result of a federal civil trial last summer in which Sheriff Arpaio and his office were accused in a class-action lawsuit of singling out Latinos for stops, questioning and detention. It says deputies considered the prevalence of Latinos when deciding where to carry out enforcement operations, in many cases in response to complaints based solely on assumptions that Latinos or “Mexicans,” as some complainants put it, were necessarily illegal immigrants.

Regardless of the type of enforcement — workplace raids, traffic stops or targeted patrols in areas frequented by day laborers — Sheriff Arpaio’s deputies were required to keep track of the number of people arrested on federal immigration violations, as well as state charges, Judge Snow said. In news releases, Sheriff Arpaio’s office often referred to the operations as integral parts of the sheriff’s “illegal immigrant stance.”
Cecillia Wang, director of the Immigrants’ Rights Project at the American Civil Liberties Union, one of the groups that brought the lawsuit, said, “Let this be a warning to anyone who hides behind a badge to wage their own private campaign against Latinos or immigrants that there is no exception in the Constitution for violating people’s rights in immigration enforcement.”

White retirees/snowbirds afraid of brown people.

whoknew, on 25 May 2013 - 07:41, said:

PHOENIX — A federal judge ruled on Friday that Sheriff Joe Arpaio and his deputies had violated the constitutional rights of Latinos by targeting them during raids and traffic stops here and throughout Maricopa County.

Maybe he thought they were setting up a fraudulent 501(c)?

White retirees/snowbirds afraid of brown people.
People like him because he talks tough and makes criminals wear pink underwear. His record is abysmal, though, even outside of his abuse of office and immigration crap.

So now, in addition to being a national embarrassment and all around ####head, this ####### is going to cost Maricopians some serious money. Will this be enough for them to finally get rid of him?

Link

Racial profiling costs Arizona county $22 million

Sheriff Joe Arpaio's apparent use of racial and ethnic profiling will cost Maricopa County, Arizona, at least $22 million, according to the county.

A court ruled in May that Arpaio's routine handling of people of Latino descent was not tough enforcement of immigration laws, but instead amounted to racial and ethnic profiling.

The sheriff's office had a history of targeting vehicles with occupants with darker skin or Latino heritage, scrutinizing them more strictly and detaining them more often, U.S. District Judge Murray Snow ruled.

The sheriff's lawyers dispute the judge's conclusion and Arpaio is appealing the decision.

Meanwhile, the judge ordered a monitor to oversee retraining in the sheriff's office and the creation of a community advisory board.

Over the next 1½ years, the county will have to pay $21,943,107 for the monitor and the retraining, according to county budget records. Each year after that it will cost $10 million to keep it going, according to Maricopa County spokeswoman Cari Gerchick.

The money will come from the county's general fund, Gerchick said, and it's not clear if cuts are needed in other areas to find the money.

Maricopa County, which includes Phoenix, has a total budget of $2.2 billion.

How's the posse coming with their search?

They're *this close* to finding something that will prevent Obama from running in 2016. They know there's got to be something... something right under their noses...

I believe the regulators are about to mount up, so we should be seeing some results very soon.

I believe the regulators are about to mount up, so we should be seeing some results very soon.

Those horses are gonna be pissed when they find out where they're going.

I'll ask them.

I hate those ####ers. They really can't pull anyone over so I always blow by them and they give a dirty luck. Actually, his "posse" is really just a bunch of Jim11 volunteers. Generally older white guys with Zimmerman complexes.

http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1558360#bmb=1

Good place for this link - Sheriff Joe was playing 24 hour around the clock Xmas music over the holiday season in the jail... They determined instead of creating better spirits, it instead created more violence :lmao:

This guy is such a f'in #######.

(CNN) -- A diet of bread and water is the punishment for dozens of Arizona inmates who allegedly defaced American flags placed in their jail cells.

The 38 male inmates are part of the Maricopa County jail system, which is under the control of controversial sheriff Joe Arpaio.

For their alleged unpatriotic acts, the sheriff said Thursday, they'll survive on bread and water for seven days.

"These inmates have destroyed the American flag that was placed in their cells," Arpaio said. "Tearing them, writing on them, stepping on them, throwing them in the toilet, trash or wherever they feel. It's a disgrace ... this is government property that they are destroying, and we will take action against those who act this way."

130525035111-joe-arpaio-story-body.jpgJudge says Sheriff Arpaio was profiling

130412174602-bts-joe-arpaio-mail-threat-Joe Arpaio: I will not be intimidated

The flags are part of a push for patriotism in county jail cells that includes listening to the "Star-Spangled Banner" every morning and "God Bless America" every night over the intercom system.

Arpaio implemented the American flag jailhouse initiative in November.

At the time, he announced a push to hire more veterans, saying his office employs more than 600 men and women who have served in the military. He manages about 8,000 inmates.

"Sheriff Arpaio is a Korean War veteran and a big patriot," said Chrisopher Hegstrom, a spokesman for the Sheriff's Office.

Arpaio's tough, headline-grabbing punishments have earned him diehard supporters and fiery opponents along the way.

He's issued pink underwear to the men detained in the county's jails and said he is saving taxpayers money by removing salt and pepper from prison meals.

This month, the county announced that his racial and ethnic profiling will cost it at least $22 million. A court ruled in May that his office routinely profiled Latinos during traffic and immigration patrols.

His office has a history of targeting vehicles with occupants of Latino heritage, scrutinizing them more strictly and detaining them more often, U.S. District Judge Murray Snow ruled.

Arpaio has denied any discrimination or civil rights violations, and is appealing the decision.

He was elected to his sixth term as sheriff for the Phoenix area in November 2012.

This tub of monkey spunk was a guest speaker at our "business conference" ($500 a ticket conservative circle jerk).  He smoked Trump's pole for most of his speech and the crowd ate it up.

He's budgeted over 3 million for TV ads here and has an 11 million dollar war chest. This is for county ####### sheriff. I hope he loses, does his six months in prison, and then keels over live, on air, while doing his weekly segment, "A Minute With Joe" on the Trump News Network.

Trump, Senate Republicans, Sheriff Joe, Roger Ailes, civil war at FOX News -- shaping up to be a pretty incredible cycle.

Not a lot of people I am openly rooting to die, but he is pretty much at the top of the list.

32 minutes ago, bagger said:

Not a lot of people I am openly rooting to die, but he is pretty much at the top of the list.

He's 84 so you might not have to wait long.

i hope he gets to enjoy wearing a pink jumpsuit and eating his own garbage food.