What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2009 NFC Championship Game, Saints vs Vikes. (1 Viewer)

Who outplayed who?

• The Vikings outplayed the Saints.

Votes: 50 51.0%
  • The Sainsts outplayed the Vikes.

Votes: 48 49.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArcticEdge

Footballguy
Wow, the Saints are freaking dirty. ADP said it. And everyone knew it watching that game. And now it's documented.

The Vikes outplayed the Saints. Almost doubled their offense. Saints only had 70 some yards in the second half. They got lucky, and were playing dirty.

Who outplayed who?

Doesn't matter. The Saints won. The Vikings lost. It's well past time to get over it, friend.

Just like the Saints/49ers this the year, the team that scored more deserved to win. TOs are a huge part of the "outplaying" formula. To ignore turnovers and special teams might be convenient for you, but we both know the truth.

Just like the Saints/49ers this the year, the team that scored more deserved to win. TOs are a huge part of the "outplaying" formula. To ignore turnovers and special teams might be convenient for you, but we both know the truth.
Oh please. Vikes didnt have turnovers to that magnitude the entire year. If that game was played 10 times, who would you bet on to win more games? You dont like :moneybag: if you say the Saints. End of story.

Oh please. Vikes didnt have turnovers to that magnitude the entire year. If that game was played 10 times, who would you bet on to win more games? You dont like :moneybag: if you say the Saints. End of story.
Players wearing Vikings jerseys put the ball on the ground, or threw it to the other team. Feel free to remove mistakes from your outplaying nonsense, but you're wrong, and the scoreboard is all the proof that matters.This is what's great about football. No goalie standing on his head, or no pitcher with his best stuff that day. Outside of an officiating gaff, the best team that day ALWAYS wins.

Players wearing Vikings jerseys put the ball on the ground, or threw it to the other team. Feel free to remove mistakes from your outplaying nonsense, but you're wrong, and the scoreboard is all the proof that matters.This is what's great about football. No goalie standing on his head, or no pitcher with his best stuff that day. Outside of an officiating gaff, the best team that day ALWAYS wins.
Apparently the cold isn't the only thing that's still bitter in Minnesota. :lmao:

Wow. As if this drivel wasn't put to bed in the 20 threads after the game. Saints were the better team all year, and on that day. This is pathetic.

'ArcticEdge said:
Turnovers:

Vikings 5

Saints 1

Vikings 28

Saints 31

Case closed.
Minnesota almost doubled the Saint's offensive production. And now it is confirmed they were cheating. Saints were outplayed, and got super lucky and they know it. Case closed.
Laughable. Of course you had more offense. The Saints started all of their drives on Minnesota's side of the field because of vastly superior special teams, and the fact that the Vikings choked the ball away all day. Vikings were overmatched by the more talented team with better coaches. Do you really think that Jared Allen or Ray Edwards would have hit Brees softly if they ever had the chance? Or do you think they would have tried to take his knees out like they did to Schaub?

Like I said, this is pathetic crybaby stuff. Guess what Vikings, in spite of all of this controversy, the Saints will still be better than you next year and for the forseeable future. Get over it. You lost.

'ArcticEdge said:
Turnovers:

Vikings 5

Saints 1

Vikings 28

Saints 31

Case closed.
Minnesota almost doubled the Saint's offensive production. And now it is confirmed they were cheating. Saints were outplayed, and got super lucky and they know it. Case closed.
Laughable. Of course you had more offense. The Saints started all of their drives on Minnesota's side of the field because of vastly superior special teams, and the fact that the Vikings choked the ball away all day. Vikings were overmatched by the more talented team with better coaches. Do you really think that Jared Allen or Ray Edwards would have hit Brees softly if they ever had the chance? Or do you think they would have tried to take his knees out like they did to Schaub?

Like I said, this is pathetic crybaby stuff. Guess what Vikings, in spite of all of this controversy, the Saints will still be better than you next year and for the forseeable future. Get over it. You lost.
Did you watch the game? Vikes dominated, and despite 5 turnovers, still took the Saints to OT. You won the coin toss, CONGRATS!!! :rolleyes:

Who outplayed who?

The Vikings outplayed the Saints. (20 votes [57.14%])

Percentage of vote: 57.14%

The Sainsts outplayed the Vikes. (15 votes [42.86%])

Who outplayed who?The Vikings outplayed the Saints. (20 votes [57.14%]) Percentage of vote: 57.14% The Sainsts outplayed the Vikes. (15 votes [42.86%])
Winners of games are determined on the field not on message boardsYou lost the big one as you've done in the pastDeal with it

Ok, AE is a PITA, I know. As a vikes fan, he does us very little favors.

That said, objectively, the saints were obviously (and now it has been confirmed) playing dirty, and the officiating was terrible. The vikes turned it over far too many times, admitted. But you can't tell me the saints were the better team. And if you say 'yes they are, cause they won' then you hate logic. Worse teams beat better teams all the time.

Im still very confused what the saints did illegal on the field? Every team in the NFL gets charged for roughing the passer or hitting a defenseless wr, are they all cheaters??? This is a rough dirty game and everyone plays it. The problem with the saints was off the field. If you want to say which team "deserved" to be in the superbowl, neither the Giants or Patriots would have been in. If turnovers dont count to how bad or good you played then that would be a Baltimore SF superbowl. BUT, this game is based on who can play better on ANY GIVEN SUNDAY, and in the playoffs you have to perform when it counts. Turnovers are a huge part of this.

'mr roboto said:
Ok, AE is a PITA, I know. As a vikes fan, he does us very little favors. That said, objectively, the saints were obviously (and now it has been confirmed) playing dirty, and the officiating was terrible. The vikes turned it over far too many times, admitted. But you can't tell me the saints were the better team. And if you say 'yes they are, cause they won' then you hate logic. Worse teams beat better teams all the time.
PITA.. :shrug: Im just passionate. :thumbup: :goodposting: With the rest.

'mr roboto said:
Ok, AE is a PITA, I know. As a vikes fan, he does us very little favors. That said, objectively, the saints were obviously (and now it has been confirmed) playing dirty, and the officiating was terrible. The vikes turned it over far too many times, admitted. But you can't tell me the saints were the better team. And if you say 'yes they are, cause they won' then you hate logic. Worse teams beat better teams all the time.
Simply put, there are 3 components to football teams: offense, defense, and special teams.In that game, the Vikings were definitely the better offensive team. But the Saints won the defensive and special teams battles. So I'm not sure why you think it defies logic to call the Saints the better team that day when they were better at 2 of the 3 facets of the game. If you want to say the Vikings were clearly the better offensive team, I doubt you'd get much argument. Unfortunately, there's more to it than just that.

Simply put, there are 3 components to football teams: offense, defense, and special teams.In that game, the Vikings were definitely the better offensive team. But the Saints won the defensive and special teams battles. So I'm not sure why you think it defies logic to call the Saints the better team that day when they were better at 2 of the 3 facets of the game. If you want to say the Vikings were clearly the better offensive team, I doubt you'd get much argument. Unfortunately, there's more to it than just that.
Are you nuts? The Saints didnt win the defensive battle.. They only had 70 yards in the second half. Minnesota was dominating both sides of the ball.

Are you nuts? The Saints didnt win the defensive battle.. They only had 70 yards in the second half. Minnesota was dominating both sides of the ball.
Vikings defense -- 1 fumble recovery, 0/1 on 4th down stoppage, 0 INTs, 4 TDs allowed, RZ defense allowed 3 scores out of 3 chancesSaints defense -- 6 forced fumbles with 3 fumble recoveries, 2 INTs, 4 TDs allowed, RZ defense allowed 4 scores out of 6 chancesAnd most importantly:Vikings defense -- 31 pts allowedSaints defense -- 28 pts allowed

The Vikings outplayed the Saints. (33 votes [55.93%])

Percentage of vote: 55.93%

The Sainsts outplayed the Vikes. (26 votes [44.07%])

Vikings lost the game because they gave it away. Too many turnovers.
How many turnovers in OT did the Vikes have? Saints won the coin toss, they got lucky. That's all.
Stop it. You're embarrassing all of us.
I'm not embarrassed. Give em hell, AE!!!However, I'm pretty sure I've put this defeat to bed for once and all. At least until we find out the officials were also being paid by a felon as part of the bounty scheme...

This whining thread is still active? How long before it just dies? Until the Vi-queens win their next first Super Bowl?

Wow, the Saints are freaking dirty. ADP said it. And everyone knew it watching that game. And now it's documented. The Vikes outplayed the Saints. Almost doubled their offense. Saints only had 70 some yards in the second half. They got lucky, and were playing dirty. Who outplayed who?
doesn't matter...it all comes down to one thing:Favre's BONEHEADED int late in the game is what killed Minnesota.nothing the Saints did, there was no reason to attempt that pass... it happened at the WORST possible time...it's up there with Manning's int vs Saints in the SB, and Favre's int in O/T against Giants in Championship game in 2007..so dont blame the Saints and the bounty stuff..save that for another day.the blame lies squarely at Favre's feet.

Wow, the Saints are freaking dirty. ADP said it. And everyone knew it watching that game. And now it's documented. The Vikes outplayed the Saints. Almost doubled their offense. Saints only had 70 some yards in the second half. They got lucky, and were playing dirty. Who outplayed who?
doesn't matter...it all comes down to one thing:Favre's BONEHEADED int late in the game is what killed Minnesota.nothing the Saints did, there was no reason to attempt that pass... it happened at the WORST possible time...it's up there with Manning's int vs Saints in the SB, and Favre's int in O/T against Giants in Championship game in 2007..so dont blame the Saints and the bounty stuff..save that for another day.the blame lies squarely at Favre's feet.
The question is, who outplayed who? The Vikes gave the ball to the Saints 5 times and STILL TOOK THEM TO OVERTIME!!! We lost the coin toss.., Saints got lucky..

Sweet, Sean Peyton and Greg Williams can spin their "deserved" rings on their kitchen tables all year and for life..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread