Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ArcticEdge

Game Change

Game Change   99 members have voted

1. 1. Will this be a flop?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Will you watch this movie?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

151 posts in this topic

Julianne Moore looks like the Crypt Keeper. She's gross.

Looks interesting. At least they got decent actors. But who wants to relive that train wreck?

:44 :wub:

The part should have gone to Tina Fey.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/02/18/game-change-jay-roach-new-poster/

Putting Palin at the center of your story is a thankless task in some ways, for you and especially Julianne Moore. Not only is Palin still extremely visible both politically and in pop-culture, but she’s already been famously caricatured as well.

It was daunting. She’s one of the most famous people on the planet. We [knew] people watching the film would have all sorts of expectations about what Sarah Palin should be like. We expected people to bring up Tina Fey. We expected people to be skeptical about anyone who played her. My approach was to not try to impersonate her. In fact, we tried to go right at those expectations by having a scene where Julianne Moore as Sarah Palin is watching Tina Fey as Sarah Palin, replicating the moment where she watched SNL the night that [skit] ran. We have actual Tina Fey in that footage on the monitor specifically to say, “Okay, that’s one thing. And this is a different thing, entirely different.” This is not a caricature, and it’s not an impersonation. Julianne wanted to get not just into the surface — her skin, her clothes, her hair, and her accent — but to kind of internalize what she could imagine Sarah was going through psychologically, what anxieties she was experiencing stepping out on to the national stage

What do you mean by "a flop"? Critics will love it, if you're basing it on critical acclaim.

Enjoyed the book. 2008 was a fascinating Presidential election.

The trailer makes me want to know if she really thought Saddam was responsible for 9/11. If not, the movie is junk without even seeing it.

What exactly is a flop for an HBO movie?

We can measure a theatrical release and easily discern if it was a hit or a flop - but what are the parameters for a made-for-cable film?

Well if the movie doesn't make the GOP look like idiots, these comments certainly get the job done.

mpburns21 27 minutes ago

:lmao:

the book was great.

agreed

Sarah Palin is like the Boogie Man to Hollywood, they are scared to death of her. Constant attack after attack, and she's not even running for any political office.

Sarah Palin is like the Boogie Man to Hollywood, they are scared to death of her. Constant attack after attack, and she's not even running for any political office.

You're just pissed that this isn't Sarah getting nood, isn't it

You're just pissed that this isn't Sarah getting nood, isn't it
Julianne Moore nude.. :X

only b/c one of the biggest idiots (in a political/economic/historical sense) in the world was nominated by the GOP to be only a heartbeat away from running the most powerful country in the world....yeah, I think that may garner some attacks.

it might be an interesting topic for a film but i'm not optimistic. jay roach is a pretty terrible director. the guy who worked on the adaptation isn't exactly a catch either. it's not like it will be Tanner '88 or anything.

or lisa ann

the book was great.

The book started great. Then the author ran out of things to say and tried to shoe-horn in some idea that Hillary signing up as SOS was "the ultimate Game Change." I was really impressed with the frist 75% and very meh about the rest.

or lisa ann
Tina Fey wouldn't have done it. She was probably offered it first.

or lisa ann
Well of course Tina wouldn't do it. When when the last time you saw Tina Fey with two ##### in her mouth. Oh you were talking about Palin not Lisa Ann ;) Yeah this movie was basically "McCain was a good guy stuck with a bunch of political scumbags and an idiot from Alaska'

Just watched it. Great movie. I have no idea how accurate it is (though I've read that it is) but the acting is superb, the entire cast is great (especially the 3 stars) and the script is great as well. I'd have to say it's one of the most engaging political films I've seen in years.

or lisa ann
Well of course Tina wouldn't do it. When when the last time you saw Tina Fey with two ##### in her mouth. Oh you were talking about Palin not Lisa Ann ;) Yeah this movie was basically "McCain was a good guy stuck with a bunch of political scumbags and an idiot from Alaska'
What exactly is inaccurate about that? Although there may be differences in the definition of "stuck". He and his campaign picked her.

only b/c one of the biggest idiots (in a political/economic/historical sense) in the world was nominated by the GOP to be only a heartbeat away from running the most powerful country in the world....yeah, I think that may garner some attacks.
Agreed, if the thought of her running this country doesn't scare the ever-living-#### out of you, then you must be non compos mentis!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPhh7mch5zo

:lmao: Really? Who is gonna watch this?

I would, on NetFlix
I don't want netflix to know I've watched it...

Seriously though I'll probably watch it just to see the behind the scenes of a political campaign.

read the book if you want that

The book was written by McCain campaigners right?

No, they were the source for the parts of the book delaing with McCain and Palin. Thats just part of the book.

The subtitle of the book is Obama and the Clintons, McCain and Palin, and the Race of a Lifetime

The parts about the Clintons were just as fascinating to me. Its just not as shocking as the parts about Palin.

You're kidding, right? Knowing that Joe Biden is our current VP you still stand by that statement? And let's not even talk about Obama.

This thread needs more Lisa Ann talk.

You're kidding, right? Knowing that Joe Biden is our current VP you still stand by that statement?
You know Palin thought the justification for the Iraq invasion was that Saddam was behind the 9/11 attacks, right? Palin makes Joe Biden look like a genius.