What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Thread – Tennessee at New England (1 Viewer)

Just read an interesting stat on another board:The Pats under Belichick when playing a team the 2nd (or 3rd) time in a season are 10-1 (.909). In all other games the Pats are 32-24 (.571).How do the Titans under Fisher stack up? In rematch games they are 23-19 (.548). In all other games they are 69-41 (.627). The Titans are historically WORSE the second time around? Hmmm.....

I can easily see a McNair pass bouncing off his receiver, being caught by a DB and being brought back for a score. My guess is 20-10 Pats win.
Dude!You need to stop rewinding that videotape of the Week 5 Titans/Pats game! :P

Titans are going beat up physically and emotionally.Pats front 7 will stuff the run without help from an 8th man in the box.McNair will be forced to throw into double coverage and serve up some picks.Titans will be doing well to score 10 points.Pats win by 14+

Just some facts to think about:Fisher has lead a run-first team for most of the past decade. Only this year did the Titans become a passing team.Fisher commented several times throughout this season that he wasn't happy with their running, and he would not abandon it.The Titans have rushed for an average of 153 yards per game over the last three weeks. (182 @ Hou, 112 vs TB, 165 @ Balt). This is 50 yards a game above their season average, against tough teams. Could their run be peaking at the right time?Baltimore is ranked only two spots lower (#6 overall) and 6.5 yards/game worse against the rush vs the Pats.I strongly believe people are making a huge mistake to just discount the Titans run attack. While I have full confidence NE will be going nowhere against the Tenn rush "D", I think the coach Fisher brings a very balanced attack into NE tomorrow night. Fisher has been preparing for this cold-weather playoff game since they lost to the Raiders last year. This will not be a rout and Tenn will move the ball.

Houston is a tough team? At the same time, the last two games of the regular season, the Pats rushed for 133 against the Jets and 131 against the Bills.Your confidence that somehow the Titan running game is better than the Pats is totally unsupported by the facts. Eddie George hasn't practiced all week.I wouldn't pin your hopes on him....And the Titans D against the run isn't much better than the Patriots. Both teams give up under 90 ypg....

Last edited by a moderator:
I would have to argue that running 112 vs TB and 165 @ BAL is more impressive than running 133 vs NYJ and 131 vs BUF.TB allowed 1756 rushing ydsBAL allowed 1536 rushing ydsNYJ allowed 2294 rushing ydsBUF allowed 1604 rushing ydsI would give TEN the edge if we are comparing who performed better in the running matchups over the last few weeks.

I would have to argue that running 112 vs TB and 165 @ BAL is more impressive than running 133 vs NYJ and 131 vs BUF.TB allowed 1756 rushing ydsBAL allowed 1536 rushing ydsNYJ allowed 2294 rushing ydsBUF allowed 1604 rushing ydsI would give TEN the edge if we are comparing who performed better in the running matchups over the last few weeks.
Yes, but what about the quick screens? That's the same as a pitch, and a play you see 5-10 times every week from the Pats that show up in the run stats. That's also something the Titans don't have. Their run game is their run game, and their passing is along. I don't expect a blowout by any stretch. But, I also don't expect the Titans to run the ball well, or throw it well. I fully expect something of the 19-13 type game in favor of the Pats.

I strongly believe people are making a huge mistake to just discount the Titans run attack. While I have full confidence NE will be going nowhere against the Tenn rush "D", I think the coach Fisher brings a very balanced attack into NE tomorrow night. Fisher has been preparing for this cold-weather playoff game since they lost to the Raiders last year. This will not be a rout and Tenn will move the ball.
I think if you correlate the anti-Titan and/or alleged blowout threads versus who is and who isn't a documented hardcore Pats fan, you will find that a majority of the hardcore Pats fans here have nothing but respect for the Titans and fully expect this to be a close, hard-fought, result-in-question football game.We now return you to the ongoing banter...

I can't wait until the usual gaggle of obnoxious Patriot fans show up and see that people bad-mouthing Vinatieri.
You mean as opposed to the usual gaggle of obnoxious Bills fans?Vinateri has had a sub-par year, however, he still walks on water in New England.

New England is like Baltimore but with an offense.
This is not true.+ The Ravens were 8th in points scored. The Patriots were 12th.+ The Ravens averaged an efficient 13.26 yards per point. The Patriots were the least-efficient offense of the six AFC playoffs clubs, averaging 15.11 yards per point.+ The Ravens scored 391 points in 2003 - almost 400! Compare that to their super bowl season when they only scored 333 points.The Ravens were actually a well-balanced club that probably lost because the Titans (and maybe even Billick himself) took away their running game.+ The Ravens gave up 4341 yards and 281 points, or 15.49 yards per point.+ The Patriots gave up 4666 yards but only 238 points, or 19.61 yards per point!The Ravens had a better offense than the Patriots, but the Patriots are the best defensive team in the NFL.

We'll just see. I'm just saying that in THAT PARTICULAR GAME that the Titans gave up 2 big plays (INT for TD and kickoff return) that likely allowed NE to win the game.
The Titans gave up 2 big plays? No. The Patriots MADE 2 big plays.

Patriots 28   Titans 3End of story.Just like two years ago the Patriots will prove once again that they are the best football team in the NFL.
You, my delusional friend, have a serious disorder.While I can appreciate the loyalty and fan mentality, if you think the Pats are going to win by 25 you've left saneville.I don't know if the Titans win, but I LOVE the +6 and I hope people keep betting NE because it will only move that number up.
Talk to me on Sunday .I stand behind my prediction. We'll see who's sane and who's not.
I stand up even when wrong. I'll be here to take my medicine.FOR THE RECORD: I'll have $100 on Titans +6, and depending on the moneyline (should be somewhere around +220 to 250) I'm putting about $50 on that.I feel good about the +6, and the moneyline is a big payoff.
As requested.... BUMP!Somebody was WAY off on their prediction. Tough to "Give you your medicine" when the Pats win though.Good work with the +6 WOMI. I hope more Titan fans won money on the spread.Edited to correct some bad spelling.

Personally, if the Pats have to lose to any team, and I could pick that team, I would pick the Titans. I am a big fan of Fisher, George and McNair. They deserve a second chance against the Greatest Joke On Turf. Having said that, I see the Pats having an edge due to (a) home field and (b) Brady and the Smurfs versus Titans secondary (including Rolle's "mild" concussion). The first game was a thriller, and this one should be as well. He who wins the turnover battle wins the game.Wild Prediction: Antowain Smith rushes for at least 90 yards.Pats 24Titans 17
Well Smith didn't get to 90 yards but he may have without that ankle tweak. Smith, Faulk and Brady combined for 96 yards on the ground. I love how no one thinks the Patriots can run the ball. :cool:

I'll eat my crow, but I definitely think the Anderson - Vinateri matchup was pretty even.
Huh?There's NO WAY IN HELL Anderson makes a 46 yarder last night.It was even up until that last field goal, but that's what make AV such a stud. He's the most clutch kicker I've ever seen.How in the world did he kick a brick that far?

I love how no one thinks the Patriots can run the ball.
The only reason people think the Pats can't run is because there's no superstar 100+ yards a game back. They can move it on the ground, maybe not as well as other teams, but they're doing something right. No?

holy crap! that was my first post! lol... I could've sworn I've posted here before. Well, hi everyone.

Patriots 28   Titans 3

End of story.

Just like two years ago the Patriots will prove once again that they are the best football team in the NFL.
You, my delusional friend, have a serious disorder.While I can appreciate the loyalty and fan mentality, if you think the Pats are going to win by 25 you've left saneville.

I don't know if the Titans win, but I LOVE the +6 and I hope people keep betting NE because it will only move that number up.
Talk to me on Sunday .I stand behind my prediction. We'll see who's sane and who's not.
I stand up even when wrong. I'll be here to take my medicine.FOR THE RECORD: I'll have $100 on Titans +6, and depending on the moneyline (should be somewhere around +220 to 250) I'm putting about $50 on that.

I feel good about the +6, and the moneyline is a big payoff.
I'm here. We got beat straight up in a really good game, though.Each team turned it over once.

NE missed a field goal and the Titans had one blocked.

A sure handed receiver couldn't pull down the game determing catch on a throw that came off of a great blitz.

I could point blame to the phantom holding call (but I won't).

I could say that on Bennett's drop that it was OBVIOUS that the DB grabbed his arm (but I won't).

Of course, I'm just kidding. Things go both ways. The titans got beat.

That having been said:

The discussion here, however, was my response to the poster that said the Patriots would win 28-3. It was ridiculous, just as I said.

Also, as I said, I did have $100 on the Titans +6.5. The best part is that I parlayed it with the 33.5 under and got a $450 payoff.

Congrats to the Patriots. Go AFC.

I could point to the lucky break on the false start that cost Bruschi an INT for a TD. (But I won't)I could point to Chris Brown's knee being down on the first TD run before he got into the end zone (But I won't)I could point to Dan Graham dropping at least 3 balls, including a SURE TD catch inside the 5 yard line late in the fourth (But I won't). :P Just kidding. But you get the point. In ANY football game, you can point to lucky breaks or tough calls that might swing a game. This one came down to an all-time clutch kicker and a QB that simply wills his team to win ballgames.It was a GREAT game. I'm still thawing out.

I could point to the lucky break on the false start that cost Bruschi an INT for a TD. (But I won't)I could point to Chris Brown's knee being down on the first TD run before he got into the end zone (But I won't)I could point to Dan Graham dropping at least 3 balls, including a SURE TD catch inside the 5 yard line late in the fourth (But I won't). :P Just kidding. But you get the point. In ANY football game, you can point to lucky breaks or tough calls that might swing a game. This one came down to an all-time clutch kicker and a QB that simply wills his team to win ballgames.It was a GREAT game. I'm still thawing out.
The last thing I'll point out is that I said the Titans wouldn't get blown out.I was right.

I am certainly disappointed that the Titans lost. However, speaking as objectively as I can 2 days later, I'll say this....Any team that takes 2 weeks of prep/healing time, a single-digit weather advantage at home and wins by 3 points because a QB turned WR can't come down with a jumpball is not going to win the Super Bowl.Colts by a dozen.HERD

However, speaking as objectively as I can 2 days later, I'll say this....HERD
Thats the funniest line I heard yet.....HERD being objective!! Give me a break! The way you talk about the Pats, they really stink......and what does that say for your Titans :P

I'm never objective?What does that say about my Titans?How I talk about the Pats?Get a clue. I made a vaild point: The Pats won the game, but for all the "ra-ra-rah!" that was going on around here about the weather, gimpy McNair and George, the Home crowd, etc. etc. etc., a three point win is a win, but its hardly impressive. I'm smart enough to realize that it still counts and all that matters is the final score, but a team that is absolutely ON FIRE is coming to town. I'm just saying that the Pats (like the Eagles) are lucky to have come out with a win. Luck plays an important role in football, but if I'm betting on the outcome, I'm going to take the team thats playing best, and that's the Colts.HERD

Get a clue. I made a vaild point: The Pats won the game, but for all the "ra-ra-rah!" that was going on around here about the weather, gimpy McNair and George, the Home crowd, etc. etc. etc., a three point win is a win, but its hardly impressive. I'm smart enough to realize that it still counts and all that matters is the final score, but a team that is absolutely ON FIRE is coming to town. I'm just saying that the Pats (like the Eagles) are lucky to have come out with a win. Luck plays an important role in football, but if I'm betting on the outcome, I'm going to take the team thats playing best, and that's the Colts.HERD
Gotta disagree with you on two points. :boxing: 1) The win was not impressive. I think it was. The Titans really impressed me. They are an extremely well balanced team and are very well coached. Steve McNair is a great QB, deserving of the MVP. The fact that the Pats beat this team is, to me, very impressive. I came out of that game saying that Tennessee was BY FAR the best team the Pats have played all season, and the Pats rose up to the challenge and played an incredibly tough game and were able to come out on top. That is impressive.2) The Pats were lucky. I just don't see this at all. I can't think of one break that the Pats got which gave them the game. Every yard was extremely hard fought on both sides of the ball and the Pats came out on top. Could this game have gone the other way? Absolutely. Was it due to luck that the Pats won? No way.conan

I'm never objective?What does that say about my Titans?How I talk about the Pats?Get a clue. I made a vaild point: The Pats won the game, but for all the "ra-ra-rah!" that was going on around here about the weather, gimpy McNair and George, the Home crowd, etc. etc. etc., a three point win is a win, but its hardly impressive. I'm smart enough to realize that it still counts and all that matters is the final score, but a team that is absolutely ON FIRE is coming to town. I'm just saying that the Pats (like the Eagles) are lucky to have come out with a win. Luck plays an important role in football, but if I'm betting on the outcome, I'm going to take the team thats playing best, and that's the Colts.HERD
Hmmm Indy gives up 31 points, New England gives up 14 points, don't they say defense wins championships? I still like New England to win this one.Regular season New England beats Tennessee in NE 38-30and Indy @ Indy 38-34and Philly @ Philly 31-10and Denver @ Denver 30-26and Dallas in NE 12-0That's 4 games with over 30 points, theycan play with the best of them, and theywill take out Indy next Sunday.

Before this gets out of hand...I am freely acknowledging that the Pats won the game and that the Pats are a better team then the Titans. I'm also not about to get into a ###-for-tat about which plays could have drastically affected the outcome had they gone the other way (Graham dropping a TD, Benjo Olsen's phantom hold...). All I am saying is that I think the Colts are playing better right now then the Pats. THAT'S ALL. Now, I'm sure we'll spend the next week talking about how Indy's D stinks or the Colts can't handle the cold or whatever, but just remember that Pats fans said the same things about the Titans, and those extra factors didn't seem to matter much Saturday night.I think, as you said, Saturday's game could have gone either way, thus the victor was fortunate to win. On the filp side, the Colts have just played two straight games where the 85 Bears might have had a hard time stopping them. I'm picking the Colts today, and I'll pick them come kickoff. HERD

Patriots 28 Titans 3

End of story.

Just like two years ago the Patriots will prove once again that they are the best football team in the NFL.
You, my delusional friend, have a serious disorder.While I can appreciate the loyalty and fan mentality, if you think the Pats are going to win by 25 you've left saneville.

I don't know if the Titans win, but I LOVE the +6 and I hope people keep betting NE because it will only move that number up.
I stand up even when wrong. I'll be here to take my medicine.FOR THE RECORD: I'll have $100 on Titans +6, and depending on the moneyline (should be somewhere around +220 to 250) I'm putting about $50 on that.

I feel good about the +6, and the moneyline is a big payoff.
I'm here. We got beat straight up in a really good game, though.Each team turned it over once.

NE missed a field goal and the Titans had one blocked.

A sure handed receiver couldn't pull down the game determing catch on a throw that came off of a great blitz.

I could point blame to the phantom holding call (but I won't).

I could say that on Bennett's drop that it was OBVIOUS that the DB grabbed his arm (but I won't).

Of course, I'm just kidding. Things go both ways. The titans got beat.

That having been said:

The discussion here, however, was my response to the poster that said the Patriots would win 28-3. It was ridiculous, just as I said.

Also, as I said, I did have $100 on the Titans +6.5. The best part is that I parlayed it with the 33.5 under and got a $450 payoff.

Congrats to the Patriots. Go AFC.
Time to take my medicine so fire away. I was WAY off. Guess I'm not going to have any football guys asking me for handicapping advice.Congrats to the Titans for a great season. It very easily could have gone the other way with a break here or there.

Steve Mcnair is a warrior (thats breaking news!) and he deserves one championship before he's done. Jeff Fisher to for that matter. Fisher is a great coach.

GO PATS!

(Graham dropping a TD, Benjo Olsen's phantom hold...).
In the former case, a Patriot player failed to execute. In the latter case, the officials failed to execute. They're not comparable IMO.But that's noble of you to let it go. :D

I am freely acknowledging that the Pats won the game ...
It would be pretty hard to deny that!The Colts may be playing better offense right now than the Pats (then everyone, for that matter), but they certainly aren't playing better defense. If not for a couple of drops (does Johnny Morton just suck, or what?) KC might have come out on top. Now, obviously the Pats O isn't KC...but I think they will still be able to move the ball well and put plenty of points on the board. I think this is going to be a fantastic game and will be strength against strength. And if the Pats D are going to have to win this one...well, I'm confident that they can get the job done. In any case, we find out on Sunday!Go Pats!conan

I think its awesome how a Pats fan can so righteously point out how a Titans fan is being "one-sided" without acknowledging his own slant. Oh well...As far as the moot point about "injured/inactive" guys the first time around, I'll say this: You guys can have your starting TE back, if we can have Samari Rolle back in the lineup. Deal? My point is that trying to quantify a certain player's worth is silly on a game by game basis. As for this time around, I happen to the think the Titans PLAYERS are better then the Patriots PLAYERS. I happen to think the coaching is pretty even, the intangibles (heart, experience, etc.) are pretty even, and the weather and stadium are an advantage to the Pats. As such, I'm making this my prediction and then I'm going on with my life...Titans 14Patriots 13And in the yin and yang of life, Vinateri will miss the game winner, in the snow, with no time left....HERD
Good call Goat.And it is nice to see you now picking the Colts this week.

Patriots 28  Titans 3End of story.Just like two years ago the Patriots will prove once again that they are the best football team in the NFL.
You, my delusional friend, have a serious disorder.While I can appreciate the loyalty and fan mentality, if you think the Pats are going to win by 25 you've left saneville.I don't know if the Titans win, but I LOVE the +6 and I hope people keep betting NE because it will only move that number up.
You may have won, but you're still insane.

All I am saying is that I think the Colts are playing better right now then the Pats. HERD
Giving up 31 points is playing better??? You can't say this because they both played different teams.....do you think the Pats will give up 38 pts to the Colts?C'mon and get a clue. You are making no sense!

.....do you think the Pats will give up 38 pts to the Colts?
Didn't the Pats already give up quite a few points to the Colts?(But they were in Indy! But the Pats were hurt! But But But ... :brush: )HERD

The PATS did give up a lot of points due to STUPID TO's. I highly doubt the game would have been a nail biter if the PATS don't turn the ball over three times!

Why do Patriots fans get to qualify their mistakes, but when anyone else does it, its the end of the world? :yes: HERD
Because a lot of Pat fans on this board are ignorant homers who make Notre Dame fans look modest and self-effacing by comparison. (I thought everybody knew this already).

I wasn't qualifing their mistakes i just said i don't think the game would have been as close! :wall:

How do you see it. If Brady hadn't thrown the two int's and k faulk doesn't fumble the ball on the 10 do you think the game would have been 38-34 or would have the colts been able to score more points w/o the ball. Why don't you think about it for ONE second before you open you mouth.

And yes I know that PM did also throw one INT and fumble once, I'm not saying that didn't hurt them as well but still if the PATS don't turn the ball over 4 times the game doesn't go down to the last play of the game no matter how you look at it!

Why do Patriots fans get to qualify their mistakes, but when anyone else does it, its the end of the world? :yes: HERD
Because a lot of Pat fans on this board are ignorant homers who make Notre Dame fans look modest and self-effacing by comparison. (I thought everybody knew this already).
:yucky: Perhaps some, but not all....some of us are knowledgable homers! ;)Finally....there is NO WAY the Colts score 38 this Sunday. :no: conan

How do you see it. If Brady hadn't thrown the two int's and k faulk doesn't fumble the ball on the 10 do you think the game would have been 38-34 or would have the colts been able to score more points w/o the ball. Why don't you think about it for ONE second before you open you mouth.
And if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. ;) HERD

i guess that put me in my place. :wall:seeing your post amount i can see someone has little else to do... :rolleyes:

I believe the Colts hung 34 on us last time. That's scary. But, we hung 38 on them. I absolutely do not expect this kind of game again. Belechicks success in shutting down Manning in the past scares me. It's the law of averages. That said, I give BB the edge over Dungy in the X and O's. Another tight one, but the pats win by a TD+. Make my call 30-21.

Huh?There's NO WAY IN HELL Anderson makes a 46 yarder last night.It was even up until that last field goal, but that's what make AV such a stud. He's the most clutch kicker I've ever seen.How in the world did he kick a brick that far?
If you read the earlier posts, you would have noticed that I gave AV the advantage on distance over Anderson, but Anderson has the advantage on accuracy.You're pointing out that he is the best clutch kicker when he missed a 45 yarder earlier in the game. In my book he is 1/2 for 50%. Anderson had one opportunity and the PATS Defense stepped up to block the kick. For 22 years Anderson has been a clutch kicker. That's why he holds the league records for most points in a season and most points in the postseason. As for clutch kicks, what about Vanderjagt not being a clutch kicker? To say AV is the best ever is just plain crazy.Again, it was an even matchup in the kicking department. The PATS won the game. It could have been different just as easily.

And hopefully this game we'll have a running game to be able to shorten the game and keep PM off the field!A Smith was inactive for game #1 not that he's P Holmes!

THIS game will look NOTHING like the 38-34 Indy almost comeback. NOTHING.1) the Colts defense is playing much better the last two weeks than it was at that point in the season.2) Yes, the Colts D got tagged with 31 points by Kansas City last week - but are Pats fans really trying to tell us that the Patriots offense is as capable as the Kansas City offense of pulling out a game with NO punts?3) The Colts offense is right now clicking better than any offense in the league, and if it is able to click like it clicked at KC and v. Denver, the Pats' D will have more than their hands full in this one. And, maybe I'm wrong, but weren't the Colts w/o Edgerrin James when they played last time? In either case, he was not runniing like he's currently running.4) The Pats defense is one of the best in the league - especially at home - and has faced Manning many times, including this past year. Bill Belicheck is a master at game planning, and especially second half adjustments. While Manning has the edge of not being taken down twice by the same defense, he will not be seeing anythign close to the same defense he originally faced. Advantage on the "second game" factor is heavily to the Pats.5) the Pats offense is not exactly clicking right now, it has three key injured pieces (Brady, Vinny, and ASmith) and if it is unable to mount a good deal of offense the Pats will not be in the SBowl.Simply put, the best matchup is the Pats D versus Manning and Co., but the GAME will come down to whether the hobbled Pats O can move the ball on the full-strength, confident, and Dungy coached Indy D - I think it is a bend don't break D, so Vinny's leg will be important to rack up the FGs.Finally, Pats fans are obnoxious (though not as bad this year as the last two) - on a personal level, I'll be cheering for the offensive minded Colts for that fact alone.

If you read the earlier posts, you would have noticed that I gave AV the advantage on distance over Anderson, but Anderson has the advantage on accuracy.You're pointing out that he is the best clutch kicker when he missed a 45 yarder earlier in the game. In my book he is 1/2 for 50%. Anderson had one opportunity and the PATS Defense stepped up to block the kick. For 22 years Anderson has been a clutch kicker. That's why he holds the league records for most points in a season and most points in the postseason. As for clutch kicks, what about Vanderjagt not being a clutch kicker? To say AV is the best ever is just plain crazy.Again, it was an even matchup in the kicking department. The PATS won the game. It could have been different just as easily.
Vinny missed 10 FGs this year, including the playoff miss Sat. night - and he is apparently hurting. Real big huge incredible edge to Vandie - I don't think Vinny will be able to clutch out a 45+ yarder in this game.And if anyone brings up the cold weather in regard to kickers, I'm bringing the smack down - Vanderjagt is from Canada and is the #1 kicker in the league this year.

THIS game will look NOTHING like the 38-34 Indy almost comeback. NOTHING.1) the Colts defense is playing much better the last two weeks than it was at that point in the season.2) Yes, the Colts D got tagged with 31 points by Kansas City last week - but are Pats fans really trying to tell us that the Patriots offense is as capable as the Kansas City offense of pulling out a game with NO punts?3) The Colts offense is right now clicking better than any offense in the league, and if it is able to click like it clicked at KC and v. Denver, the Pats' D will have more than their hands full in this one. And, maybe I'm wrong, but weren't the Colts w/o Edgerrin James when they played last time? In either case, he was not runniing like he's currently running.4) The Pats defense is one of the best in the league - especially at home - and has faced Manning many times, including this past year. Bill Belicheck is a master at game planning, and especially second half adjustments. While Manning has the edge of not being taken down twice by the same defense, he will not be seeing anythign close to the same defense he originally faced. Advantage on the "second game" factor is heavily to the Pats.5) the Pats offense is not exactly clicking right now, it has three key injured pieces (Brady, Vinny, and ASmith) and if it is unable to mount a good deal of offense the Pats will not be in the SBowl.Simply put, the best matchup is the Pats D versus Manning and Co., but the GAME will come down to whether the hobbled Pats O can move the ball on the full-strength, confident, and Dungy coached Indy D - I think it is a bend don't break D, so Vinny's leg will be important to rack up the FGs.Finally, Pats fans are obnoxious (though not as bad this year as the last two) - on a personal level, I'll be cheering for the offensive minded Colts for that fact alone.
1) Playing much better the last 2 weeks? Yes they are, but prior to that, they gave up over 40 to the Broncos. Yes, they shut the Broncos down 2 weeks later, but that doesn't make it go away. They've had 1 good game over the last 4 weeks, and that was the Broncos game. 2) Can the Pats pull out a game with no punts? Not very likely in BB's scheme. It's workmanlike. Take what there, and if it's not there, you punt. There's a reason that Brady hasn't thrown a pick at home in 9 weeks. Some of it's luck, but most is from not taking too many chances and being in control of the game. 3) Yes, the Indi O is clicking. Yes, they had James, and he got stuffed. I get the sense that people think this game was last week. It was 6 weeks ago. I don't believe the Pats can shut down the Colts. But, I also don't see them looking like the Broncos or Chiefs either. 4) Only 1 team has beaten the Pats the second go round since BB came to town. In X's and O's, my advantage also goes to the Pats. 5) The Pats have scored on their opening drive for 4 straight games now. They've won 13 in a row. Do they score on every drive? Nope. But, they don't have to. Get the lead and control the game. That's BB's MO. I think all around the game is intriguing, and expect another good game. And, all favorits fans are obnoxious, but not nearly as obnoxious as Bronco fans who seem to think their team is the best in the league, with a D that rivals NE's, though they're removed themselves from the tournament by not showing up when they had a change to run with the contenders, and losing to New England in their house, without turning the ball over, on a night the Pats Started 5 rookies, and 8 rookies contributed, when the Pats turned the ball over 3 times, 2x in the opening minutes, and the Broncos returned a punt for a TD, and never turned the ball over. That's obnoxious.

i like tenn in an upset. Fisher will slow the game down to a crawl in his game planning and turn it into a special teams/turnover battle. Guaranteed. There won't be much offense in this game. This game will be a repeat of the Baltimore game.
You were wrong, idiot.Now go make me a pie.

Users who are viewing this thread