What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Redskins-Rams deal done for 2 pick (1 Viewer)

RBM

Footballguy
Breaking right now...

Jay Glazer of FOX Sports reports that the Rams and the Redskins have agreed to terms on a deal that will send the second overall pick in the 2012 draft to Washington. The Redskins undoubtedly will pick quarterback Robert Griffin III. (Or, at the very worst, Andrew Luck.)

Glazer says that the team will swap first-round picks in 2012, with St. Louis taking the No. 6 pick. The Rams also get two future first-round picks and additional selections, one of which is believed to be a second-rounder.

The trade can’t be finalized until the new league year begins on Tuesday at 4:00 p.m. ET.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoa.

Major scoopage: Redskins have agreed to a trade w Rams for #2 pick of draft. Rams and Skins swap first rounders this yr w Rams also getting 2 future #1s and additional picks. Story coming on fox sports dot com

They get their franchise QB in Washington but in true Redskins fashion, they overpaid and will pay for the next few years without a first rounder.

Let's see, keep farting along with QBs like Rex and Beck and finish in the basement of the NFC East along with their first round picks, OR, get one of the best QB athletes and prospects to come along in a while, and use FA to grab your other needs since your owner has more money than God. I'll take option 2 all day long Alex!

I like to thank Peyton Manning for snubbing the Redskins and making this trade possible.

I was listening to Snead on the Rich Eisen Podcast earlier today. I tought his plan was to wait to the last minute to get the best offer.

Love the move for both teams. Can't blame the Skins for giving up the farm. How many future 1sts was Peyton Manning worth to the Colts? If RGIII is the real deal, there is no price too high to pay.

"The Cleveland Browns had stepped up their efforts to try to acquire the No. 2 pick in recent days, going so far as to offer at least three No. 1 picks to the Rams and possibly even the second-round pick, according to one source familiar with the deal. Cleveland sensed it was going to get the deal done, only to be informed that St. Louis planned to deal the coveted No. 2 pick to the Redskins."

Skins didn't over pay, they paid what they HAD to in order to get their franchise QB. :thumbup:

Rotoworld liked the trade for Washington but how are they going to put the talent around RG3 for him to do well with no first round picks.

Can't blame the Skins, they needed to offer a big dowry to beat the Browns to it.

Makes Eli trade look very, very cheap. Sic 'em JPP! :boxing:

Any chance this hurts Arizona's pursuit of Peyton? The NFC West now has San Fran and a much improved Ram team for the Cards to compete against.

I imagine this is also great news for Matt Flynns agent. Cleveland doesn't have a good backup plan.

When you think about what the Falcons gave up to get a WR, I'd say a franchise QB is EASILY worth what they gave up. Plus I'll bet money Skins land V-Jax, Colston, etc. They will go all out in FA to give RG3 weapons.

Sure Griffin could be fun, but for a team with alot of holes, this is a very questionable move by the Skins.

Let's see, keep farting along with QBs like Rex and Beck and finish in the basement of the NFC East along with their first round picks, OR, get one of the best QB athletes and prospects to come along in a while, and use FA to grab your other needs since your owner has more money than God. I'll take option 2 all day long Alex!
What about signing Matt Flynn for free and using the draft picks to fill the 100 holes on that team?Guarantee RGIII will flop with little talent around him for oh I dunno 3 damn years!

Wow! They must think dude is Joe Montana and Steve Young combined together in one.
I'm not saying he will be, but he might just be. He has a learning curve, but seems to have the head on his shoulders to work hard and develop into a guy who can break a game open with both his arm and his legs. The QB position is so important that you almost can't overpay to get a potentially great one. All that said, this is pushing the limits.

A great QB can turn around a franchise and make average players around them better so I guess the Redskins did what they had to do.

I am a little surprised the Rams didnt take Cleveland's offer though since there were two first round picks this season.

I guess they just assume what everyone else assumes....Washington's 1st rounders are going to be top ten for the next couple of years.

When you think about what the Falcons gave up to get a WR, I'd say a franchise QB is EASILY worth what they gave up. Plus I'll bet money Skins land V-Jax, Colston, etc. They will go all out in FA to give RG3 weapons.
Or they mess it up Skins style and give Manningham $9 million a year.

Wow! They must think dude is Joe Montana and Steve Young combined together in one.
I'm not saying he will be, but he might just be. He has a learning curve, but seems to have the head on his shoulders to work hard and develop into a guy who can break a game open with both his arm and his legs. The QB position is so important that you almost can't overpay to get a potentially great one. All that said, this is pushing the limits.
This is crazy talk. You can overpay for anything that's known or unknown. Even if you know he's likely to be a great qb, that's an insane amount, especially now that there is a rookie wage scale. Picks are worth infinitely more than they were a couple of years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread