Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kenny Powers

***Official March Madness Thread***

2,477 posts in this topic

I see a lot of bracket drafts, sleepers, conference threads, etc. but not an actual thread designated for the tourney overall and games as they happen, so lets go.

Murray State FTW!!!!

I think the Big East got more respect than it deserved this year. No complaints with the Orange, and to a lesser degree Marquette, but GTown as a 3, Louisville as a 4, Cincy as a 6, Notre Dame as a 7, UConn as a 9, and WVU as a 10 all seem slotted 1 seed too high, maybe 2 spots in a couple cases.

:blackdot:

Marquette is my "surprise" team to goto the Final 4. They have a phenomenal coach.

Will LHUCKS be allowed to post in here? :popcorn:

Marquette is my "surprise" team to goto the Final 4. They have a phenomenal coach.

FSU is my lowest seeded Final 4 team at this point. Still lots of wasting time at work research to do, though.

Kentucky

UNC

Mizzou

F.State

Kentucky

Syracuse

Michigan State

North Carolina

KentuckyUNCMizzouF.State

I think this is the FF I came up with when I filled out a bracket. I'm not positive and I don't care enough to double check, but I think this is the correct answer.

KentuckySyracuseMichigan StateNorth Carolina

How's that limb holding up?

All 4 limbs good to go. :thumbup:

All 4 limbs good to go. :thumbup:
:lmao:

Kentucky

Marquette

Florida St

Kansas

Committee has a good sense of humor

Kentucky could face:

1st round: Western Kentucky, in-state team

2nd round: Uconn, defending champ, beat UK last year

Sweet 16: Indiana, beat UK earlier this year

Elite 8: Duke, re-match of 1992 game, one of the greatest college games ever

I dont trust adults who still go by Buzz

FSU seems to be the trendiest non 1-seed FF pick.

I don't think Detroit will upset Kansas, but will make it a tough game for the Jayhawks.

Trendy Upsets: New Mexico State over Indiana, Belmont over Georgetown, Ohio over Michigan, Long Beach St over New Mexico.

Wichita st.

Missouri

Syracuse

North Carolina

Long Beach St. and Xavier both make deep runs.

Will LHUCKS be allowed to post in here? :popcorn:

I say yes, as long as he admidts he was wrong when he called Arizona a dynasty.Unless potential NIT championships count.I'd love to see Murray State get deep.

Odds on Favorites (seem to be all over the place) One set I saw:

Kentucky 2:1

UNC 5:1

OSU 7:1

MSU/Missou 8:1

'Cuse 12:1

Two teams that stick out to me are Louisville and Marquette. I don't think either team is as good as the committee apparently does.

Trendy Upsets: New Mexico State over Indiana, Belmont over Georgetown, Ohio over Michigan, Long Beach St over New Mexico.

Of thesse I like Belmont most.

Can someone please paste tourney odds and 1st round game lines here for those of us who get that type of info filtered at work :scared:

Can someone please paste tourney odds and 1st round game lines here for those of us who get that type of info filtered at work :scared:

I'm blocked from most too, but see if you can view this one that's not blocked:

usa today

Will we be able to watch the games on the computer for free this year? I see theyre charging 3.99 for an IPad/IPhone app to watch all the games.

usa today

:no:

usa today

:no:
Thu Mar 15

4 MURRAY STATE Colorado State7½ BAYLOR South Dakota State4½ UNLV Colorado6 VANDERBILT Harvard9½ WISCONSIN Montana5½ WICHITA STATE VA Commonwealth6½ INDIANA New Mexico State4½ NEW MEXICO Long Beach State7 LOUISVILLE DavidsonNA S. CAROLINA UPSTATE Kent StateNA DUKE LehighNA NOTRE DAME Xavier17 SYRACUSE NC Asheville5½ KANSAS STATE SO Mississippi17½ OHIO STATE Loyola Maryland1 West Virginia GONZAGA2½ Connecticut IOWA STATEFri Mar 16

12½ DUKE Lehigh2½ NOTRE DAME Xavier1½ Alabama CREIGHTON20 MICHIGAN STATE Liu Brooklyn3½ MEMPHIS Saint Louis3½ GEORGETOWN Belmont2½ NC State SAN DIEGO STATE6½ FLORIDA STATE ST Bonaventure2 CINCINNATI Texas6 MICHIGAN Ohio21½ MISSOURI Norfolk State3½ FLORIDA Virginia15 KANSAS Detroit2 Purdue SAINT MARY'S CA

EDIT: MY EYES :shock:

:lmao:

I almost posted the exact same thing, it just won't format right.

My filter lets Yahoo in:http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/odds/pointspread?day=2012-03-15&pg=1

:thumbup: Thanks!

Tell me what's wrong/right with my first round upset picks (based on seeding):

Xavier over Notre Dame

St Louis over Memphis

Long Beach St over New Mexico

Virginia over Florida

Texas over Cincinnati

West Virginia over Gonzaga

Alabama over Creighton

NC State over SDSU

Tell me what's wrong/right with my first round upset picks (based on seeding):Xavier over Notre DameSt Louis over MemphisLong Beach St over New MexicoVirginia over FloridaTexas over CincinnatiWest Virginia over GonzagaAlabama over CreightonNC State over SDSU

Creighton and Memphis are really good/talented teams. CINCY plays gritty and is well coached.

Tell me what's wrong/right with my first round upset picks (based on seeding):

Xavier over Notre Dame

St Louis over Memphis

Long Beach St over New Mexico

Virginia over Florida

Texas over Cincinnati WRONG

Alabama over Creighton WRONG

NC State over SDSU

Tell me what's wrong/right with my first round upset picks (based on seeding):Xavier over Notre DameSt Louis over MemphisLong Beach St over New MexicoVirginia over FloridaTexas over CincinnatiWest Virginia over GonzagaAlabama over CreightonNC State over SDSU

All have pointspreads inside 5 points either way, pools that give bonus points for lower seeds winning it may work out to take those kind of dogs.

Thanks for your input...

I have reconsidered Creighton.

Memphis is very young and inexperienced, St Louis is very deep and plays great D

Cinci's loss to Louisville was disappointing (to me at least), I don't think Louisville is very good. I'm thinking on this one...

Also adding:

and maybe

Purdue over St Mary's (my B1G 10 bias is showing here...)

Long Beach St. seems to be the trendy pick, but New Mexico is a good team. As was stated with Memphis, many have them making a push deep into the tourny. Just my opinion.

Long Beach St. seems to be the trendy pick, but New Mexico is a good team. As was stated with Memphis, many have them making a push deep into the tourny. Just my opinion.
Davidson's going to beat either one in the second round, so I wouldn't sweat that game too much.