What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2012 RSP and Post-Draft RSP Available for Download! (1 Viewer)

Matt Waldman

Footballguy
For the first time, I'm making the RSP available for pre-order. This link will take you to my site to pre-order 2012's Rookie Scouting Portfolio or order past issues (2006-2011). Ten percent of sales this year will be donated to Darkness to Light - a non-profit specializing in prevention of sexual abuse.

What is the Rookie Scouting Portfolio?

The RSP is analysis and rankings of incoming rookies at the skill positions (QB, RB, WR, and TE). Now in its seventh year of publication, there are three sections to the .PDF book:

1. Rankings, analysis, and player comparisons:

[*]Positional skill set rankings (who has the best vision, the best accuracy, best balance, etc.)

[*]Overrated, underrated, and projects at each position.

[*]Overall rankings by position.

[*]Player comparisions along a spectrum of 3-5 players according to skill sets.

[*]Complete break downs of prospect strengths, weaknesses, and potential system matches based on intensive game study.

[*]Historical perspective of rookie performance at each position.

2. Appendix of my game-study notebooks:

[*]All my raw notes from my database.

[*]I supply a complete grading checklist for each player and game I study.

[*]My scoring process.

[*]I also provide play by play notes on each player that is often pages of analysis for each prospect.

My blog draws from this work. This is raw material that accomplishes two things for the reader. I make my process transparent so you can see my perspective - even if you don't read this part and just the 120-150 page, front section, you know how I arrived at my conclusions. Second, you can use this information as a way to get into as much depth as you want - watch games with it as a guide, etc.

3. Defined criteria for my scoring methods:

[*]How I define a technique.

[*]The value I give it.

I have evaluated over 150 prospects this year at the skill positions of QB, RB, WR, and TE. The 2012 RSP will be available April 1 - as it has for the past six years. You can also order back issues of the RSP (2006-2011) from this same link.

Hopefully, those of you who been loyal readers of it will enjoy it as you have in past years. I'm looking forward to finishing it on April 1 and starting 2013 on April 2. :)

Thank you, I've been wanting to do the donation for years. I'll announce the amount and make those records transparent at the end of the year as well based on what I need provide to the public. I think this non-profit is appropriate considering what we experienced in college football this year. I've known enough people who have been through that kind of abuse (as many of us have) and it's nice to feel like I can use the hours I put into this publication as a way to give a little back.

Will this be free for FBG subscribers this season, or is that permanently a thing of the past?

LOL - Helps me gauge how many mice I need for the wheel. It's been requested enough that I succumbed to doing it. Surprised me, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand $20 is a lot of money but at the same time I can speak from experience...it takes a long long time to write up these pieces and they are really intended for a niche market so it's not like FBG has an opp to sell 1,000,000 of these...probably less than 5,000-10,000 people will purchase this...maybe a lot less than that, whatever the number minus 10% to charity means Waldman and crew might make enough money to cover time and expenses but little else. I missed a lot of college ball so for me this is going to be a great read. Waldman has earned his stripes in here, appreciate his efforts.

:thumbup:

I understand $20 is a lot of money but at the same time I can speak from experience...it takes a long long time to write up these pieces and they are really intended for a niche market so it's not like FBG has an opp to sell 1,000,000 of these...probably less than 5,000-10,000 people will purchase this...maybe a lot less than that, whatever the number minus 10% to charity means Waldman and crew might make enough money to cover time and expenses but little else. I missed a lot of college ball so for me this is going to be a great read. Waldman has earned his stripes in here, appreciate his efforts. :thumbup:
$20 is nothing for the amount of enjoyment and reading material you get from this purchase. I'm buying mine day 1 and I can't wait! Problem is I've turned all my friends and league mates onto RSP so now the advantage is gone.

'conboy said:
First time ordering the RSP.
also will be a first-time reader of RSPlooking forward to itFor those whining about the price....$20 is going to the movies and not getting any concessions... you'll get more than 2 hours of reading entertainment from the RSP

also will be a first-time reader of RSPlooking forward to itFor those whining about the price....$20 is going to the movies and not getting any concessions... you'll get more than 2 hours of reading entertainment from the RSP
Depends where you live at. For me its only $8.50 for a movie. So $20 dollars gets me a movie and plenty of concessions. :banned:

'krsone21 said:
Depends where you live at. For me its only $8.50 for a movie. So $20 dollars gets me a movie and plenty of concessions. :banned:
Some of us don't have the luxury of going to the movies and only paying for ourselves. $9.50 x 2 = $19 + concessions = $30 + babysitter = $50-$60 dollar night. OR......the RSP for $20 + numb legs from sitting on the john too long.

Matt, asked this via twitter but I'm sure you get a lot of messages.

Any chance of a kindle friendly version of the RSP? Currently it doesn't read very well when moved onto there. :thumbup:

Matt, asked this via twitter but I'm sure you get a lot of messages.

Any chance of a kindle friendly version of the RSP? Currently it doesn't read very well when moved onto there. :thumbup:
Possibly next year. I know that GoodReader is excellent for the iPad. If you're using Kindle app for iPad, here's the first link I found from someone saying that GoodReader was a better experience for .PDF. Here's what a reader told me about GoodReader:

The GoodReader app takes anything I want to read in PDF form, presents it very nicely, and makes the document portable and enjoyable. The encyclopedia that you’ve created (which I absolutely love 25% into it) would require someone to peer into his or her computer/laptop screen for a very long time. On an iPad inside that app it bookmarks your place and makes reading long files a joy…AND PORTABLE.”

-Ray Calder

I would be curious to know how past analysis has held up to reality when it's all said and done.
Your best bet to get snipits of past analysis would be to follow this link and click on the 'Rookie Impact' articles from previous years. As a fortunate owner of all 6 of Mr. Waldman's previous RSPs, I intend to continue to add to my RSP collection.

Matt you should get a secure message board on your site for registered members so we can discuss the RSP among each other without fear of giving out any paid details.

Matt you should get a secure message board on your site for registered members so we can discuss the RSP among each other without fear of giving out any paid details.
This is a GREAT suggestion. As is, buyers don't really have anywhere to discuss this thing in detail.

Anyone else's downloading ridiculously slowly? Its been going for 2+ hours now, and I'm at 6.19 MB out of 11.32

The download finished, but then I got an error message in Adobe Reader when it attempted to open it, and now I can't find the file anywhere on my computer. Hmmm. May have to email Mr. Waldman if he doesn't see this before then.

Users who are viewing this thread