Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

r0llin_game

2012 Quarters/Dollars Pool Talk Discussion

Kurt and Bryan's teams are too good for rookies. Let's kick them out.

This seems like my last chance to act smart before all my teams lose, so here are my rankings of the other teams.

Kurt

Garrett

Bryan

Derek

FDAS

Monkeys

CN (Don't worry, I'll be completely wrong)

I should probably mention that drafting a "good" team moves you all way down to a 49% chance of implosion.

Kurt and Bryan's teams are too good for rookies. Let's kick them out.This seems like my last chance to act smart before all my teams lose, so here are my rankings of the other teams.KurtGarrett BryanDerekFDASMonkeysCN (Don't worry, I'll be completely wrong)I should probably mention that drafting a "good" team moves you all way down to a 49% chance of implosion.

LOLI will give Cav a chance to back out of his half.I didn't think 2 1sts seeds would be smart, but Kentucky I really think will win it all or very close. I figured that would be 100+ to my side.Mich St was more of not loving what was out there to win more than 1 game, if at all.Im gonna need 1 of my late seeds to pull off 1 win.

I really have no idea if my team is good or not - no real strategy going in other then trying to pick teams I thought would win at least two games. This strategy basically went out the window after my 3rd pick though as my bracket was picked clean. I fear I may not have enough higher seeds? Only regret I think is San Diego St. Looking back there were much better options. I do like my Ohio St. pick even more now...

2 Ohio St.

4 Wisconsin

5 Wichita St.

6 San Diego St.

7 Notre Dame

10 Virginia

14 BYU

16 whatever scraps are left

I really have no idea if my team is good or not - no real strategy going in other then trying to pick teams I thought would win at least two games. This strategy basically went out the window after my 3rd pick though as my bracket was picked clean. I fear I may not have enough higher seeds? Only regret I think is San Diego St. Looking back there were much better options. I do like my Ohio St. pick even more now...2 Ohio St.4 Wisconsin5 Wichita St.6 San Diego St.7 Notre Dame10 Virginia14 BYU16 whatever scraps are left

I think that's a decent team. It seems like you did better in the later rounds because I can't really distinguish between your 2nd and 6th round pick. By picking a 2,4,5,6,7 you're pretty reliant on one of OSU, Wisconsin, or Witchita making a final 4 run to actually profit.

I really have no idea if my team is good or not - no real strategy going in other then trying to pick teams I thought would win at least two games. This strategy basically went out the window after my 3rd pick though as my bracket was picked clean. I fear I may not have enough higher seeds? Only regret I think is San Diego St. Looking back there were much better options. I do like my Ohio St. pick even more now...2 Ohio St.4 Wisconsin5 Wichita St.6 San Diego St.7 Notre Dame10 Virginia14 BYU16 whatever scraps are left

I think that's a decent team. It seems like you did better in the later rounds because I can't really distinguish between your 2nd and 6th round pick. By picking a 2,4,5,6,7 you're pretty reliant on one of OSU, Wisconsin, or Witchita making a final 4 run to actually profit.
My draft order below. Maybe a bit early on Ohio St. but wanted them as I have them pegged to reach the final. But yeah - probably too many high seeds to make money. In hindsight looks like a close to breakeven or lose money team. 5 Wichita St.2 Ohio St.4 Wisconsin6 San Diego St.7 Notre Dame10 Virginia14 BYU16 whatever scraps are left

3 Florida State

2 Kansas

2 Missouri

5 Temple

10 West Virginia

7 St. Mary's

14 St. Bonaventure

16 ????

I went with Florida State as they had a freaky good Conf tourney run a la UConn last year. Then figured I'd take a 2 seed that could have been a 1 seed. I mean, how many other teams are seeded two times more than they could have been? I flubbed up with Missouri and would like to exchange that pick for New Mexico. I think I got scared off by the Long Beach lovefest.

Noone is giving Temple a chance against Cal, but the Owls have experience on their side and a weak 2nd round opponent waiting. West Virginia was my best value pick although I don't know how well 'home' teams do in this thing. Figuring a couple of prayers couldn't hurt, I finally stocked up on religious schools.

Someone with more time on their hands should take note of where the teams went high/low/average. An easier task would be to take the average seed to find out the most risk averse and most risky team across all the leagues.

Everyone knows that all it takes is one bunker busting 13 seed to make it to the sweet 16 to really turn this thing upside down. The best part about this format is it gives you someone to cheer for in every single game.

Everyone knows that all it takes is one bunker busting 13 seed to make it to the sweet 16 to really turn this thing upside down. The best part about this format is it gives you someone to cheer for in every single game.

Not looking forward to the Harvard/Kansas State matchup.

or an 8 and an 11 going to the F4

With the exception of Syracuse this year and maybe Dook the 1-2 seeds are running a little higher on the kenpom than prior years and the 1-n seed distribution is more normalized. I still have a few printouts from prior years and there were tons of 5/12 games inverted and all that.

Not looking forward to the Harvard/Kansas State matchup.
+1 too looking forward to it

yeah, what year was it that like a 12 and a 13 faced off. :hot:

One year I had both Arizona 12 and Cleveland State 13 and they played each other. :thumbup:

Last year Richmond and Morehead

Quarters #1 Average Seed:

Hooter 6.75

ECB 7.875

Culdeus 8.25

Huskers 8.625

8ebok24 8.625

BassNBrew 8.875

Jag 9

paulpogo 10

That's assuming all the seeds are correct in the spreadsheet. I didn't check them.

ETA: Changed to reflect Kansas' correct seed.

My two teams by seeds

2, 3, 3, 4, 8, 11, 14, 15

4, 4, 8, 8, 9, 10, 12, 16

Any thoughts to this. Team two has potential, but the three 8/9 seeds could be gone quickly having to face 1 seeds after tough matchup. Team 1 looks like it has no chance of finishing in the money with all the high seeds.

Quarters #1 Average Seed:Hooter 6.875ECB 7.875Culdeus 8.25Huskers 8.6258ebok24 8.625BassNBrew 8.875Jag 9paulpogo 10That's assuming all the seeds are correct in the spreadsheet. I didn't check them.

Oopsie.

Quarters #4 Average Seed:

culdeus/Woz 6.875

Jag 7.5

GAImgren 8.25

psufans2 8.25

skinrod876 8.375

Coin Flip 9.5

texasheat 9.625

Pumpnick 9.625

My two teams by seeds2, 3, 3, 4, 8, 11, 14, 154, 4, 8, 8, 9, 10, 12, 16Any thoughts to this. Team two has potential, but the three 8/9 seeds could be gone quickly having to face 1 seeds after tough matchup. Team 1 looks like it has no chance of finishing in the money with all the high seeds.

What sticks out to me is that your teams are completely different. I realize you were later in the draft on team#1, but did you also change your rankings a lot or did they really fall that differently?

My two teams by seeds2, 3, 3, 4, 8, 11, 14, 154, 4, 8, 8, 9, 10, 12, 16Any thoughts to this. Team two has potential, but the three 8/9 seeds could be gone quickly having to face 1 seeds after tough matchup. Team 1 looks like it has no chance of finishing in the money with all the high seeds.

What sticks out to me is that your teams are completely different. I realize you were later in the draft on team#1, but did you also change your rankings a lot or did they really fall that differently?
I avoided double dipping when possible but eventually had to take Michigan.I also waited on some teams that weren't being taken in the drafts in front of us. Colorado State sticks out.Why is everyone down on CSU? I had them ranked 2nd overall behind NCState. I think they play Murray State who we don't kinow much about. Vegas has that game pretty close and they're in a good mini-bracket if they win. I figured when SLBD passed on them in the 1st that I must have missed some news.

Kansas has the wrong seed in Quarters #1. Should be a two seed instead of a three.

F'ed, ty!

Spreadsheet needs a few changes in quarters 3. Louisville is a 4 and Notre Dame is a 5 and Virginia is a 10. I only looked at my teams.

Seed

1 North Carolina

2 Duke

5 New Mexico

6 Murray St.

12 Cal/South Fla

14 Belmont

14 South Dakota St.

15 Detroit

Picks

1.06 Belmont (14)

2.03 Murray St (6)

3.06 New Mexico (5)

4.03 Cal/USF (12)

5.06 UNC (1)

6.03 Duke (2)

7.06 South Dakota St (14)

8.03 Detroit (15)

Why is everyone down on CSU?

Because they stink Bass.

Not too bloody a day all things considered.

So what kind of action are we thinking on Murray St/Marquette?I like Murray to cover. It should be a good one.

Gonna be some upsets today...I can feel it

Runaway watch on Harryhood?

Q2

So what kind of action are we thinking on Murray St/Marquette?I like Murray to cover. It should be a good one.
Is there a spread out? I'm ok with whatever. NC State got picked real early in one draft, right? Good call.

UNLV was the #1 overall pick in the dollar draft.

NC State went high in every pool I think since they were a lower seed that was favored to win their first matchup.

People who love life currently.

Huskers15

BroadwayG

USual21

Texas Heat

and REALLLLY Derek

thank god I am in 1 more and I got them!!!

The life of Derek.

Sucks only 4 teams can make the Final 4 imo

The life of Derek.

They are probably going to talk to you to decide which ones you want in the F4?

The life of Derek.

They are probably going to talk to you to decide which ones you want in the F4?
:goodposting:XavierNorfolkGonzagaCreighton:chetmoney: