What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Do the Rams need to trade up to 4 to get Blackmon? (1 Viewer)

Black

Footballguy
Do the Rams need to trade up to 4 to get Blackmon? I wonder if they have to pay more now, since they likely slighted the Browns with their Redskins trade?

Minnesota needs an OL more than they need a WR, and besides Blackmon isn't worth the #4. Would make no sense to trade up.

They shouldn't. If Blackmon's gone, I see no problem taking Reiff. I'd probably prefer the OT over a WR who reminds me more of Crabtree than of Bryant.

Trading up to the top 4 to take a player who isn't top 5 in the draft is a mistake. I don't know if they have too, but they shouldn't.

Minnesota needs an OL more than they need a WR, and besides Blackmon isn't worth the #4. Would make no sense to trade up.
MIN picks at 3 and likely will take Kalil. Browns sit (spurned) at #4...and could use a WR. Or, they could pull a Chargers/Eli thing and make the Rams beg.

MIN picks at 3 and likely will take Kalil. Browns sit (spurned) at #4...and could use a WR. Or, they could pull a Chargers/Eli thing and make the Rams beg.
Clev would be wise to take Claiborne. TB will then be the biggest looser.

I think the Rams could take Micahel Floyd and not miss a thing at WR. Or snag Trent Richardson.

No reason to move up for Blackmon, he isnt worth it

I think STL will add a WR early in the draft, but I don't think it's the end of the world if they miss out on Blackmon.

I think if thd Rams trade up its to get Claiborne not Blackmon. However, I dont see the Rams trading up. I think they use all their picks on rookies they like. Heck, they might even move down again and again at the 33. The facts are we have tons of holes and we need to get young talented guys to fill those spots.

We need skill at the offensive positions and skill in the backfield on defense.

I wouldnt be mad if we got Blackmon @ 6 (didnt want him @ 2) but I would love if Claiborne fell to us.

I hope Richardson goes to Bleveland or Tampa Bay.

I stand corrected - that's what i get for posting too quickly. Still, I don't think Blackmon is worth a top 5 pick.

I don't see it. I think the Rams are a candidate to trade down again, especially if Richardson is sitting there. I'd be calling the Bengals...

The Rams would should sit back and take the best of whoever lands in their lap - Blackmon, Claiborne, Richardson or Reiff. Trading up is just silly when they have so many needs, not to mention a rather deep draft at WR.

I'm on board with the idea of them trading down again also. Look for them to add another future 1st somehow....

So the Browns are going to feel so slighted that the Rams took the best deal to move down from #2 that they're going to take a player at #4 that they otherwise would not to get back at them?

Oooookay.

You're over-playing this Browns thing. The Browns will make the best move they can with no thought at all to the Rams.

If Tampa goes after V Jax in free agency they may end up being the goat, not the Rams. The Browns are looking at Blackmon, Claiborne, and a trade down. If the hand is played right they could make Tampa pay a similar price to what Butch foolishly paid for Winslow (a #2) to get Claiborne so the Browns can slide back and take Blackmon while also adding another top 50 pick.

Then St Louis decides between Richardson, Reiff, and trading down.

Rams if anything will look to trade down if the market for Tannehill gets hot. If they stay at 6, they're happy with whomever of Blackmon, Richardson, and Claiborne is still there.

'dgreen said:
'Black said:
'duaneok66 said:
You're over-playing this Browns thing. The Browns will make the best move they can with no thought at all to the Rams.
:goodposting: As of today, I think the Browns are looking to trade down. If they can't find anyone to move up they'll take Claiborne.

I don't think Blackmon will or should go in the top 5 picks....I don't think the Browns will even consider Blackmon at 4, and trading down is the best bet. But on the other hand the Rams also have been rumored to want to trade down as well and that makes sense because i really don't see Blackmon as a top 10 talent in this draft and i've said before in other topics that Blackmon is not the consensus top WR in this years draft and Floyd could easily be taken ahead of Blackmon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I cannot believe anyone thinks the rams would trade down with washington and then up with the browns

ridiculous

Rams if anything will look to trade down if the market for Tannehill gets hot. If they stay at 6, they're happy with whomever of Blackmon, Richardson, and Claiborne is still there.
Sig - Is the thought process here that with QBs likely going both #1 and #2 that Tannehill, by process of elimination is the next besdt QB in line so he is moving way up the draft board? Is this similar to 2011 when so many QBs were taken high and again owners are valuing the position that much more than others or is Tannehill really that good of a prospect? I guess that I am just not convinced of his skills.

Sig - Is the thought process here that with QBs likely going both #1 and #2 that Tannehill, by process of elimination is the next besdt QB in line so he is moving way up the draft board? Is this similar to 2011 when so many QBs were taken high and again owners are valuing the position that much more than others or is Tannehill really that good of a prospect? I guess that I am just not convinced of his skills.
i think it is Stephen. race to get the #3 QB especially if Manning really is going to TEN/DEN, not one of the teams in the QB market in the draft. Tannehill has been called a top 10-15 pick for months now by many people in the know.

Browns have a lot more to be worried about than "sticking it to anyone".

Rams aren't going after Browns pick. Useless fodder by Browns to get someone to trade up since they missed on RG3.

Honestly, I think it would be better to pick a different player in the first round and pick Kirk Cousins later. I like him better than Tannehill (LONG TERM)

The Rams might be in a good spot for a trade down at #6. Minn goes Kalil, Cleveland goes Richardson, Tampa goes Claiborne... I think it is too early to go WR, but now would be a good spot to trade down with a team looking at Tannenhill.

If Cleveland trades down with a team that takes Tannenhill, then the Rams get Richardson or Claiborne. :thumbup:

Unless someone moves up to #3, #4, or #5, I don't see anyone taking Blackmon before the Rams.... assuming they take him.

It sounds like Floyd pushed himself into the top 10 from some stuff I saw over the weekend. Path to the draft and a few articles about him. Apparently the Panthers brought him in and loved what he did. This may be a smoke screen to get someone to trade up but who knows. I didnt watch enough ND games to get an opinion on Floyd but his pro day stuff looked pretty good. Top 10 though I just dont know.

Users who are viewing this thread