What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2012 Boston Red Sox Thread *** (1 Viewer)

Two-week thread bump :tumbleweed:Upton alluding to some Boston fans calling him the N-word tonight and throwing a beer at him after the brawl. This is a few weeks after Boston fans took that word to twitter after Ward eliminated the Bruins. Classy fan base. :thumbup:
Franklin Morales better get 5 games for each pitch he threw at Scott. If your talentless ### can't hit him the first two times you tried, you don't deserve to throw a 3rd pitch. Total ####### bush league.

Two-week thread bump :tumbleweed:Upton alluding to some Boston fans calling him the N-word tonight and throwing a beer at him after the brawl. This is a few weeks after Boston fans took that word to twitter after Ward eliminated the Bruins. Classy fan base. :thumbup:
Franklin Morales better get 5 games for each pitch he threw at Scott. If your talentless ### can't hit him the first two times you tried, you don't deserve to throw a 3rd pitch. Total ####### bush league.
He hit him in the leg. It happens. Take it easy.

This is becoming much bigger than that....Maddon called Valentine 'incompetent'.

Yea, that's all that happened.

:shrug:I didnt see the game. Didn't Pedroia get hit in the 6th and this was retaliation for that?Not sure why people get all up in arms about guys getting hit with a baseball. It's always been part of the game. Especially when two teams don't like each other. And I wouldn't go acting like TB is above these sort of things.

:shrug:I didnt see the game. Didn't Pedroia get hit in the 6th and this was retaliation for that?Not sure why people get all up in arms about guys getting hit with a baseball. It's always been part of the game. Especially when two teams don't like each other. And I wouldn't go acting like TB is above these sort of things.
I'm not going to pretend to understand this part of the game...but Maddon certainly does, and he's irate.

They threw at him 5 times dude. Watch the ####ing game or a replay or a smoke signal since you don't have a tv before you comment on it.

You get one shot at a guy. They kept missing so they kept trying. That's why the Rays are mad.

Wow, blast from the past... **** Stockton working a Sox game. Will Fisk be waving a ball fair?
"Ben Zobrist is the big gun out of action...the All Star 3rd baseman for the Rays."

Aviles flailed at a pitch (with 2 strikes against him. Ball was sort of trapped by the catcher. Ump says Aviles tipped it (he did not), and that catcher did not catch it clean (he did). Gave Sweeney another life, and he made them pay for it.

Aviles flailed at a pitch (with 2 strikes against him. Ball was sort of trapped by the catcher. Ump says Aviles tipped it (he did not), and that catcher did not catch it clean (he did). Gave Sweeney another life, and he made them pay for it.
And Worth wasn't out at second either. Tigers would have lost anyway but the umpiring has seemed really bad this year, not just behind the plate. I usually don't complain about umpiring either, it tends to go both ways over the course of the season but it has really seemed to go against the Tigers this year, and has been pretty bad across the other games I've watched.

And Worth wasn't out at second either. Tigers would have lost anyway but the umpiring has seemed really bad this year, not just behind the plate. I usually don't complain about umpiring either, it tends to go both ways over the course of the season but it has really seemed to go against the Tigers this year, and has been pretty bad across the other games I've watched.
Balls and strikes especially. It's as bad as I've ever seen. It's like they are flipping a coin each pitch.

Pedroia out for a month, the comedy of horrors continues. I have to believe there is no precedent for the sheer number of star players injured on the Sox as of recent.

Good news is we hopefully get to see Iglesia flash his glove for a month. Bad news is, inevitably, more Punto

That should just about wrap up the Bard experiment... Time to send him down to Pawtucket, Dice to slot into the 5th starter role.

And for Gods sake get Melancon up here, dude is lights out in AAA

That should just about wrap up the Bard experiment... Time to send him down to Pawtucket, Dice to slot into the 5th starter role.And for Gods sake get Melancon up here, dude is lights out in AAA
Bard optioned to the Pawsox. That one didn't exactly play out like it did on the drawing board

That should just about wrap up the Bard experiment... Time to send him down to Pawtucket, Dice to slot into the 5th starter role.And for Gods sake get Melancon up here, dude is lights out in AAA
Bard optioned to the Pawsox. That one didn't exactly play out like it did on the drawing board
I would not be shocked if it came out he had an arm/elbow/shoulder injury. Definitely not the same pitcher this year.

I would not be shocked if it came out he had an arm/elbow/shoulder injury. Definitely not the same pitcher this year.
He had it coming. Too cocky for his own good.Earlier in the year when the bullpen was a mess, there was talk of sending him back to relief duty. His quote was something to the effect of "I'll do it, but don't expect me to make the rest of them [the relievers] pitch any better."And now he's going to AAA. :thumbup: Enjoy Pawtucket, jackass. It's a hell hole. Trust me... I drive through it daily.

In the game between the Tigers and Red Sox on Thursday May 31st, Alex Avila got hit in the neck with a foul tip and ended up having to come out of the game. While the medical team was on the field you could clearly hear a Red Sox fan yelling, "GET UP YOU #####!" and "QUIT ACTING LIKE A WOMAN AND PLAY BASEBALL!" Etc, etc. Went on for like three minutes, one comment after another.

And people wonder why I hate these fans so much. Too bad Ty Cobb wasn't there to go up in the stands and beat the hell out of that guy. :thumbup:

0,1,0,32,54,86, ?

my posts in the *official* sox and yankee threads over the last 6 years. :shrug:

i'll still go to my 1 MLB game a year, out here in socal, in august. unless the sox play the angels in the playoffs, :loco: then i'll go to 2, total.

baseball gets me by until football starts. i do like the extra room on the bandwagon though

In the game between the Tigers and Red Sox on Thursday May 31st, Alex Avila got hit in the neck with a foul tip and ended up having to come out of the game. While the medical team was on the field you could clearly hear a Red Sox fan yelling, "GET UP YOU #####!" and "QUIT ACTING LIKE A WOMAN AND PLAY BASEBALL!" Etc, etc. Went on for like three minutes, one comment after another. And people wonder why I hate these fans so much. Too bad Ty Cobb wasn't there to go up in the stands and beat the hell out of that guy. :thumbup:
It was one fan. Easy there doctor.

But let me also add, that yes, Boston fans can be total dooshes. More so than just about any place. But let's not pretend that someone like that doosh quoted above doesn't exist in every other city in the country.

But let me also add, that yes, Boston fans can be total dooshes. More so than just about any place. But let's not pretend that someone like that doosh quoted above doesn't exist in every other city in the country Philadelphia.
Fixed

Users who are viewing this thread