What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Warren Sapp Out BountyGate WhistleBlower (1 Viewer)

MaxThreshold

Footballguy
Right here. What a ##### move, especially since he works for the NFL. Does anyone think Shockey plays in the NFL again? Does Sapp keep his job?

Last edited by a moderator:
FWIW, Mike Florio has stated that Sapp is wrong and that Shockey is NOT the whistleblower. But yeah, a horrible move by Sapp and by the NFLN for not immediately firing him for the tweet. Even worse that they then had him live on the air to talk about it.

And I don't think Shockey was playing in the NFL again anyway.

FWIW, Mike Florio has stated that Sapp is wrong and that Shockey is NOT the whistleblower. But yeah, a horrible move by Sapp and by the NFLN for not immediately firing him for the tweet. Even worse that they then had him live on the air to talk about it. And I don't think Shockey was playing in the NFL again anyway.
I wonder if Shockey has a valid case to sue for slander. This is pretty horrible, IMO. Even if he isn't the whistle-blower, the damage has been done and you know how crazy saints fans are. :)Not cool at all.

it is not god to wish that someone would get hurt but it would not make me cry if warran sapp had a piano fall on top of his head like he was from roadrunner

Why is someone a dirtbag if they report something going on that is against the rules, something the team was warned to stop doing and refused?

Why is someone a dirtbag if they report something going on that is against the rules, something the team was warned to stop doing and refused?
Here ya go.
Here you go.Unless you're living in prison, I don't get why outing something that's wrong is considered bad. If your family was murdered, I'm guessing you'd want to find out who did it and have them punished, even if someone "snitched" to find them.

Sapp is going to get fired for this one simply so the NFL can cover their ###. This is a standard HR move and the league will say he acted on his own. Better yet if they internally released a memo to state that this shouldn't become puclic knowledge *while* trying to keep the whistleblower's identity hidden.

Sapp just opened himself up to a lawsuit.

Here ya go.
Here you go.Unless you're living in prison, I don't get why outing something that's wrong is considered bad. If your family was murdered, I'm guessing you'd want to find out who did it and have them punished, even if someone "snitched" to find them.
I was waiting for the guy who would compare telling on a murder of someone family and football....head to different extremes much?I'm sure he lives a perfect life and does no wrong. I'm sure next he'll call the IRS to report people who may have not claimed gambling winnings on their taxes as well. Dudes a ##### if he did this, no matter the reason. He should have minded his own business and moved on.

Here ya go.
Where do you think Gadabout has been making his posts from?

Here ya go.
I was waiting for the guy who would compare telling on a murder of someone family and football....head to different extremes much?I'm sure he lives a perfect life and does no wrong. I'm sure next he'll call the IRS to report people who may have not claimed gambling winnings on their taxes as well. Dudes a ##### if he did this, no matter the reason. He should have minded his own business and moved on.
Saints fan?Serioiusly, though. What if someone shattered your knee where you couldn't play football anymore for 5K? Would you want the someone to "mind their own business" if they knew you were specifically targeted?

Here ya go.
I guess that works if you're a criminal or sociopath.
It works if you've ever been part of a team/family, or have experienced camaraderie. Shockey went to battle with all those guys week in and week out. I'd imagine that they trusted him. Oh well.

Here ya go.
Where do you think Gadabout has been making his posts from?
Amazing the extent fan dissonance compels people to suspend ethics, morals, and reasoning.

Here ya go.
It works if you've ever been part of a team/family, or have experienced camaraderie. Shockey went to battle with all those guys week in and week out. I'd imagine that they trusted him. Oh well.
Didn't they have a bonus if a guy was taken off the field on a cart?

Shockey is a tool. There is no way he is reporting something to be a stand up guy.

Here ya go.
Didn't they have a bonus if a guy was taken off the field on a cart?
Yeah, I believe that was part of the harmless lagniappe program they had.

Here ya go.
Sure, I went to an extreme to prove a point. Ok, how about this. Someone stole a picture of your family from your desk at work. Wouldn't you want a co-worker to tell you who did it? Is that innocent enough for you, or do you need every possible example spelled out? And I'd say intentionally trying to hurt someone, potentially ending their career or worse, is serious enough. But hey, I'm not a tough guy that thinks snitches are scum and if you're doing something wrong it's ok as long as you don't get caught.

Here ya go.
What if he had a buddy or ex-teammate that had a bounty placed on them?

Here ya go.
What if he had a buddy or ex-teammate that had a bounty placed on them?
What if he was upset about losing to his old team? What if he got all butt hurt because the players were talking smack to him?

2 things. One, the league is keeping the reason for launching an investigation quiet for a reason. Two, unless Sapp has undisputable proof, he should keep his trap shut (and even then, its a #### move). Hes been a dooshbag for years, so that part isnt news.

Here ya go.
Saints fan?Serioiusly, though. What if someone shattered your knee where you couldn't play football anymore for 5K? Would you want the someone to "mind their own business" if they knew you were specifically targeted?
Saints fan? I have a picture of Reggie White and Jerome Brown as my avatar.....If I were a football player and got hurt playing football I would probably understand. But that has NOTHING to do with Shockey.....IF he was the one who did it.

Make no mistake about it that good will and should come from this but he's a ##### for how he did it. The fact that people say he has integrity is laughable and just chicki'ish to me. Had he had integrity he would have said something IMMEDIATELY and not waited until after he was cut to start squeeling.

I was waiting for the guy who would compare telling on a murder of someone family and football....head to different extremes much?
This isn't "football"--this is intentionally injuring human beings, rewarding it and celebrating it. It's not murder but it's disgusting.

Here ya go.
Sure, I went to an extreme to prove a point. Ok, how about this. Someone stole a picture of your family from your desk at work. Wouldn't you want a co-worker to tell you who did it? Is that innocent enough for you, or do you need every possible example spelled out? And I'd say intentionally trying to hurt someone, potentially ending their career or worse, is serious enough. But hey, I'm not a tough guy that thinks snitches are scum and if you're doing something wrong it's ok as long as you don't get caught.
It plays out different to me....it's more like you and your buddies are taking extended lunches for years....then I get fired and decide to tell on everyone. There's no integrity or anytime admirable about that.

From what I understand, there was a bounty on Cam Newton. Shockey played with Cam last season, that might have been an incentive to help bring things to light. Also the fact that the panthers are now a little bit closer to division championship with a penalized Saints franchise..

'Bigboy10182000 said:
Doing it because your butt-hurt about being cut is gay and a chick move.
At this point I'd say you're embarrassing yourself but you don't sound like the type of person that embarrasses easily.

Shockey, Sapp and Vilma all went to the U...wonder if that's just a coincidence or if there's a little something more to this that lead Sapp to throwing Shockey under the bus here...wouldn't bother me one bit if this got Sapp booted off of the NFL Newtwork either...

This isn't "football"--this is intentionally injuring human beings, rewarding it and celebrating it. It's not murder but it's disgusting.
Freaking hilarious...Every NFL game is chalked full of people intending to hurt other human beings...
It's the difference between a sanctioned MMA event and you telling your buddy you'll give him some cash if he starts a bar fight.Then lying about a possible bar fight. Then being told not to do it by the authorities. Then doing it, lying about it again, convincing others to cover it up, and then getting busted red handed with an e-mail and other incriminating information.

So yes, it's freaking hilarious (that you fail to understand the difference).

Shockey, Sapp and Vilma all went to the U...wonder if that's just a coincidence or if there's a little something more to this that lead Sapp to throwing Shockey under the bus here...wouldn't bother me one bit if this got Sapp booted off of the NFL Newtwork either...
How does he not get canned? He is on the NFL payroll and he exposed an alleged whistle blower. I hope it bankrupts this clown.

Users who are viewing this thread