What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bush to the Bears (1 Viewer)

BallparkFrank

Footballguy
ProFootballTalk ‏ @ProFootballTalk

Retweet

Favorite

· Open

Michael Bush agrees to terms with the Bears, per league source. Four years, $14 million.

Retweeted by Tyler Dunne

I like the move as a Bears fan. Good to add some quality depth at RB. If I were a M Bush dynasty owner, I would not be thrilled about this landing spot.

Bush wasn't going to go somewhere to be the #1 anyway. His value will be in TDs, like it was for Barber last year.

4 years $14M.

Hard to believe that a pretty good RB can't get paid much more than some of the kickers are getting paid now.

That has to hurt for Bush owners.
That has to hurt for Forte owners.
Absolutely. Part of Forte's value has been that he has been responsible for a HUGE percentage of Chicago's offense. I have no doubts that the Bears will be cutting back his workload by a good bit to keep him fresher.It also doesn't bode well for him longterm as a Bear. Hard to demand a ton of cash when the Bears could just shrug their shoulders and make Bush the starter.

Terrible for both Bush and Forte in fantasy.

The only positive I see in this as a NYG type of situation where Forte is Bradshaw and Jacobs in Bush. Bradshaw was/is still pretty darn good.

This is the best Bush can do it really shows what type of value he has in the NFL as a RB.

4 years $14M.Hard to believe that a pretty good RB can't get paid much more than some of the kickers are getting paid now.
LOL BUNGLESanyway, i dont think this is all that bad for bush owners. i think he gets more touches than with the raiders and certainly more goal line plunges.

I have also said for sometime that Bush was one of the most overrated RB's in fantasy football and in the NFL.

He has a role for sure, but one that is complimentary to a better RB.

Terrible for both Bush and Forte in fantasy.The only positive I see in this as a NYG type of situation where Forte is Bradshaw and Jacobs in Bush. Bradshaw was/is still pretty darn good.This is the best Bush can do it really shows what type of value he has in the NFL as a RB.
Agreed.... :thumbup: RBBC is now the defacto standard...And even at that, in the pass happy NFL, ALL RB's are going to be diminished.

And the diminishment of the "stud" RB in both real and fantasy terms continues.
Actually, this might not be true. I agree with the guys saying Bush isn't all that great.And what this does for Forte, in fantasy terms, is make him fresher for a playoff run. Plus it extends his career.

Forte will still get his 18-22 touches a game between rushing and receiving. The one question mark will be td's.

Forte last year was already losing TD's to Barber and was still a very good fantasy RB.

4 years $14M.Hard to believe that a pretty good RB can't get paid much more than some of the kickers are getting paid now.
He's 28 and nothing special.
:shrug; I thought he actually looked pretty good running the ball when he got a chance last year. He almost always gets positive yardage and breaks a big one every once in a while. He's no Adrian Peterson or elite RB, but I think he's better than a lot of starters in the NFL.

He averaged 3.8 ypc and slowed down tremendously late in the year....

As others posted above, he's just not that good.

Love marcel Reese now as a value play, in case DMC does not fare well from injury.

'GroveDiesel said:
'Dr. Octopus said:
'GroveDiesel said:
He's 28 and nothing special.
:shrug; I thought he actually looked pretty good running the ball when he got a chance last year. He almost always gets positive yardage and breaks a big one every once in a while. He's no Adrian Peterson or elite RB, but I think he's better than a lot of starters in the NFL.
I'm not saying he sucks - but he's really not all that much better than the much maligned Shonn Greene. They're both mostly straightline power backs. Greene's a little faster in a straightline. Bush is a little shiftier and tougher (and a better receiver).The fact that he'll be 28 before the season starts and his limitations (slow) had more to do with the soft market for his services than the "devaluation of RBs" imo.

'BusterTBronco said:
Great signing for the Bears. Maybe Forte will shut the hell up now and stop complaining about his contract.
With that contract and his performance he is allowed to complain. Wouldn't you also ask your boss for a raise after completely outperforming the expectations?Btw, I can't really recall Forte "complaining" too much and can't see him holding out.

As a Lion fan I would have loved to have Bush for 4 years 14 million..that is a bargain. Great signing by the Bears. Plus Forte was always complaining about being overused..he won`t have to worry about that now.

Love marcel Reese now as a value play, in case DMC does not fare well from injury.
No. that would be Taiwan Jones, aka, the chris Johnson waiting to happen. I am surprised that so many people are just assuming this is going to be a situation where Forte and Bush coincide in the same backfield.

Let me spin this yarn for you and see what you think: Let's say this lets the Bears get nasty with Forte and forte ends up somewhere else; let's say in new york with the Giants or Jets. Then maybye the Bears bring in a replacement that is , say, Ryan grant or Joey Addai or , heaven forbid, some way this ends up bringing DWIL or JSTEW there.

I guess I'm just saying this looks like a signing that sets other things in motion and it may be premature to assume what this means to the Bears or these players.

I highly doubt Forte's stock will be hurt that much. Bush will be spelling Forte so the dude can get a swig of gatorade once in a while.

No. that would be Taiwan Jones, aka, the chris Johnson waiting to happen. I am surprised that so many people are just assuming this is going to be a situation where Forte and Bush coincide in the same backfield.

Let me spin this yarn for you and see what you think: Let's say this lets the Bears get nasty with Forte and forte ends up somewhere else; let's say in new york with the Giants or Jets. Then maybye the Bears bring in a replacement that is , say, Ryan grant or Joey Addai or , heaven forbid, some way this ends up bringing DWIL or JSTEW there.

I guess I'm just saying this looks like a signing that sets other things in motion and it may be premature to assume what this means to the Bears or these players.
Doubtful. He's way too involved in the offense. He's not like other rbs that amount for 30% of the snaps. Forte is 75% of the snaps.

how good is bush at picking up the blitz?
:X good luck Cutler! duck & cover
Actually though, Bush probably wouldn't be on the field on what would be obvious "passing downs". As the short-yardage/goal line type guy, he would likely be either the guy they actually were handing the ball off to, or a decoy to set up a quick short pass. As a Bears fan, I really like the addition. I think the Bears are a little more "depth-conscious" after last year's debacle after guys got dinged (bad QB play after Cutler went down, Barber's running out of bounds costing them the Denver game, etc.). The nice thing is that they are not just adding depth, but quality depth.

Last edited by a moderator:
how good is bush at picking up the blitz?
:X good luck Cutler! duck & cover
Actually though, Bush probably wouldn't be on the field on what would be obvious "passing downs". As the short-yardage/goal line type guy, he would likely be either the guy they actually were handing the ball of to, or a decoy to set up a quick short pass. As a Bears fan, I really like the addition. I think the Bears are a little more "depth-conscious" after last year's debacle after guys got dinged (bas QB play after Cutler went down, Barber's running out of bounds costing them the Denver game, etc.). The nice thing is that they are not just adding depth, but quality depth.
I think it's an addition you'll like as well. But don't discount Bush's receiving ability. It's no drop off from Forte. He'll average around 10ypc, as he has some nice wiggle in the open field. But if you want him to be the power fullback or short yardage guy, you'll be disappointed. I think Kahlil Bell is better at that than Bush. Bush fancies himself as a nimble runner and dances too much when the hole is open for a split second, instead of attacking it and doling punishment. For all his size, he's been given an unfair rep as a "power" runner, when he really is a larger, bulkier version of a Matt Forte. He's a good soldier, good teammate. Good person. I think you'll like the addition. But you need to use him the right way.

Doubtful. He's way too involved in the offense. He's not like other rbs that amount for 30% of the snaps. Forte is 75% of the snaps.
If Forte plays hardball, Chicago has an adequate replacement to come in and keep the offense moving. I don't think Bush is all-world, nor is he simply a pedestrian back. It appears he wore down last year, 3/4 of the year without DMac and with inexperienced rookies will do that to you. From week 7 on he had carries of 17, 19, 30, 30, 24, 10, 23,18, 23, 19. That is quite a stretch of carries for a 6-1, 245lb running back whose game is to run through rather than around and away from defenders. It is no wonder he wore down, to expect a big back like him NOT to wear down seems quite unrealistic. IF Forte plays hardball (I doubt he does---but one never knows) and sits out, Chicago will certainly take a good size step back, but they'll be able to roll with MB and Kahlil Bell until they get things worked out.

@MattForte22

There's only so many times a man that has done everything he's been asked to do can be disrespected! Guess the GOOD GUYS do finish last....
Matt should have held out last year. he has no leverage any more. he does have the right to be upset, but this is not the thing to say. bears offered him frank gore money and he thought he is worth more.

This will lead to Forte once again being undervalued because Bush's estimated touches will likely be much higher than they end up being (barring injury to Forte)

Users who are viewing this thread