What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Taiwan Jones (1 Viewer)

RavenLunatic

Footballguy
With the lack of picks in the draft and Oakland working to get out of cap jail...and Michael Bush officially an ex-Raider...it appears Taiwan will have a much larger role in 2012.

What say you?

Marcel Reese will definitely be involved though...

:popcorn:

Jones is what he is - he will never see more than a handful of carries per game. Raiders will bring in someone to take Bush's spot.

Jones is what he is - he will never see more than a handful of carries per game. Raiders will bring in someone to take Bush's spot.
I don't agree, we didn't see enough of him last year to see what he can really do IMO. But I do hope you keep repeating this talking point because it may help me pick him up on the cheap from those who buy that meme.

Last edited by a moderator:
With the lack of picks in the draft and Oakland working to get out of cap jail...and Michael Bush officially an ex-Raider...it appears Taiwan will have a much larger role in 2012.What say you?Marcel Reese will definitely be involved though... :popcorn:
You take the bandwagon in for regular maintenance? It might look good in the lot, but there's a lot of available wagons out there as it is. I'll check around and get back with you.

'RavenLunatic said:
With the lack of picks in the draft and Oakland working to get out of cap jail...and Michael Bush officially an ex-Raider...it appears Taiwan will have a much larger role in 2012.What say you?Marcel Reese will definitely be involved though... :popcorn:
IN

TJones needs to put about 10 pounds of muscle on to withstand the punishment he will get with an increase in his workload... without that hes a change of pace back with home run potential and a fantasy tease...

I think there is hope for Taiwan. I doubt the Raiders invest too much at RB with McFadded, Reece and Jones there. I don't see Jones seeing a lot of touches if McFadden is healthy but an injury to McFadden just may open the door for him.

TJones needs to put about 10 pounds of muscle on to withstand the punishment he will get with an increase in his workload... without that hes a change of pace back with home run potential and a fantasy tease...
Food for thought:Dmac 6'2 210Taiwan 6'0 195Chris Johnson 6'0 195Jamaal Charles 6'0 200I don't think the differences are as stark as you might think.

Tough call here. What we know:

[*]DMac cannot be trusted for an entire season

[*]The Raiders lost their best option should DMac get hurt.

[*]TJ has a very small sample (but impressive) size and comes with durability issues as well.

[*]Reece also has a small sample size and isn't a pro-typical HB.

[*]Raiders have very few draft choices, so adding through the draft will be difficult.

My best guess is that the Raiders bring in a veteran for depth. Some like Benson, Barber, Ivory or Jacobs. If they do not make such a move both Reece and TJ then become roster worthy due to DMac's durability issues.

[*]TJ has a very small sample (but impressive) size and comes with durability issues as well.

[*]Raiders have very few draft choices, so adding through the draft will be difficult.

My best guess is that the Raiders bring in a veteran for depth. Some like Benson, Barber, Ivory or Jacobs. If they do not make such a move both Reece and TJ then become roster worthy due to DMac's durability issues.
great post.

'RavenLunatic said:
;)

Raise your hands fellas...who else knew immediately what adamantium was? :hey:
Child,please! Give me Vibranium any day because we all know that in the Guardians of the Galaxy series (V2), that somewhere along the way, Wolverine DID have at least one of his claws broken off. On the other hand, Captain America's shield was recovered intact. I mean *snort snort* *pushes up glasses* Doesn't that say it all guys? I mean even in the iconic Avengers #215-216, The Molecule man says, himself, that of the matter that makes up thor's hammer, Silver Surfer's board, Iron man's aromor, and the shield, that the shield had the weirdest makeup of all./nuff said!

Child,please! Give me Vibranium any day because we all know that in the Guardians of the Galaxy series (V2), that somewhere along the way, Wolverine DID have at least one of his claws broken off. On the other hand, Captain America's shield was recovered intact. I mean *snort snort* *pushes up glasses* Doesn't that say it all guys? I mean even in the iconic Avengers #215-216, The Molecule man says, himself, that of the matter that makes up thor's hammer, Silver Surfer's board, Iron man's aromor, and the shield, that the shield had the weirdest makeup of all./nuff said!
:nerd: Big Bang Theory Rules!!!!

Food for thought:Dmac 6'2 210Taiwan 6'0 195Chris Johnson 6'0 195Jamaal Charles 6'0 200I don't think the differences are as stark as you might think.
Some guys can make it at that size, others just can't run between the tackles or withstand the punishment. The jury remains out on Taiwan.

Taiwan is fearless with the ball but could not block well as a rook. Hopefully he learned his responsibilities as the season wore on.

I think he's a good lottery ticket pick in the same vein as Dion Lewis. Someone who sits behind a stud, but is next in line for a shot should that stud go down.

[*]

[*]

Taiwan Jones will be given the first opportunity. It is obvious he needs to hit the weight room. He is more Jerious Norwood than Chris JOhnson or Jamal Charles right now.

I don't like Marcel Reese as a ball carrying option. He doesn't have the skill set for it. He is more a receiving type full back. I just don't see him as the feature guy if McFadden gets dinged.

I think the dark horse here is Lonyae Miller. Ryan Mathews former back-up at Fresno had good combine numbers. Was buried in Dallas last year. At one point, people thought he could knock Choice off the roster, than Tanner emerged ahead of him.

I am nerd enuff to know wolverines entire adamantium crested right hand was completetely eviserated by Cyclops during the age of apocolypse series...........take pity on me

Taiwan Jones will be given the first opportunity. It is obvious he needs to hit the weight room. He is more Jerious Norwood than Chris JOhnson or Jamal Charles right now.I don't like Marcel Reese as a ball carrying option. He doesn't have the skill set for it. He is more a receiving type full back. I just don't see him as the feature guy if McFadden gets dinged.I think the dark horse here is Lonyae Miller. Ryan Mathews former back-up at Fresno had good combine numbers. Was buried in Dallas last year. At one point, people thought he could knock Choice off the roster, than Tanner emerged ahead of him.
Lonyae Miller is an intruiging pickup by the Raiders. He joined the Raiders after new GM Reggie McKenzie came on board. So he's clearly one of Reggie's guys and not a holdover from Hue Jackson. He has the body frame and style that is probably the best match to replace a Michael Bush. He had some success in college with several breakaway runs and looks like a bruiser. I don't know much really about him as of yet, but I think he'll have a real shot at making the team, given who is on the roster as of today.

Food for thought:DmacDmac 6'2 210Taiwan 6'0 195Chris Johnson 6'0 195Jamaal Charles 6'0 200I don't think the differences are as stark as you might think.
TJones may be listed at 195... Thats probably soaking wet in his uniform with full gear on.. maybe..Jones is well worth a roster spot.. From what I recall.. I have seen him step into a LB on a full speed rush and get lit up.. that showed some heart.. I forget the specific game.. but remember thinking he is trying to learn the blitz pickups and thats more than what others would do.. Interesting to see what happens this year and what if anything that he did in the wieght room this offseason..

Jacobs or Benson are still out there with the price dropping each day.

Given the lead back';s injury history I can see value in who ever Oakland bring in.

Some guys can make it at that size, others just can't run between the tackles or withstand the punishment. The jury remains out on Taiwan.
You know, I posted that as a way to support Taiwan but now that I see it on your reply, it becomes obvuious that the only one of these guys at this height/weight range and with this speed that DOES stay healthy is Chris Johnson. so, instead of a good thing for taiwan, maybe it is actually and indicment on him and DMAC. The value is there. YOu have to handcuff DMAC. BUt maybe it a situation where you better have them all or none.

Mike Goodson
After injuries to DeAngelo and Stewart in 2010, the Panthers had no one else to turn to but Mike Goodson who racked up 100+ yard games vs TB (4.35 ypc) and BAL (5.45 ypc). Someone to keep an eye on.
Yep. Goodson is the guy to own here.
I wouldn't put my eggs solely in Goodson's or Taiwan's basket. I think you think DMC is going down, that smart play would be to stash both Goodson and Taiwan.

Mike Goodson
After injuries to DeAngelo and Stewart in 2010, the Panthers had no one else to turn to but Mike Goodson who racked up 100+ yard games vs TB (4.35 ypc) and BAL (5.45 ypc). Someone to keep an eye on.
I wouldn't put my eggs solely in Goodson's or Taiwan's basket. I think you think DMC is going down, that smart play would be to stash both Goodson and Taiwan.
Goodson was brought in because he adds depth at the RB and his special teams play. If DMC were to get hurt, I believe you are right that they would use equal amounts of both Goodson and Taiwan.

Mike Goodson
Goodson was brought in because he adds depth at the RB and his special teams play. If DMC were to get hurt, I believe you are right that they would use equal amounts of both Goodson and Taiwan.
Bump due to Oak not taking any RB's in the draft or UDFA thus far. Either Taiwan or Goodson may be valuable this year.

Mike Goodson
Bump due to Oak not taking any RB's in the draft or UDFA thus far. Either Taiwan or Goodson may be valuable this year.
HAs to, without a doubt. Having few draft picks, it was a given, short of Oakland bringing in a Benson or Addai. I honestly don't know how a DMAC owner DOESN'T have Taiwan (and probably Goodson) on his team as a handcuff. The history suggests DMAC is not the most durable guy in the world and with him it seems like an ankle sprain can keep this guy shelved for three weeks.

Jones is too frail to take much of a pounding. The Raiders also have Lonyae Miller. As has been mentioned, they must be feeling pretty confident in DMC.

'Eminence said:
I like the talent but I don't think the opportunity will be there. I'll pass.
How can the opportunity NOT be there. Has DMAC ever played 8 games in a row without being hurt for multiple games?I would agree that he won't have an opportunity to be one of these guys that comes in when DMAC is hurt and then he just takes the job or whatnot, but the history has shown that DMAC does miss games and he tends to miss them in bunches. I certainly wouldn't rule out a chance that, at some point, you find Taiwan being productive for a 3-4 game stretch and if that stretch is at an important time of the year, then that is value.

This guy looked pretty good last night and i'm surprised to not see nothing on these boards about him. I didnt pay to close attention the game last night but from what i seen he ran hard fast and displayed quite a bit of wiggle. Also noticed he played early and often with him and mcfadden alternating. Again i wasnt able to give the game my full attention so my opinions may be a little off. However his play last night seems to merit some duscussion. He seems to have locked up the number two spot to me. How much do you guys think we'll see of this guy if mcfadden stays healthy as well as if he gets injured?

I think it'd be more of a committee if McFadden goes down. Jones/Goodson/Reece
That's what I was presuming. Who knows. Jones is lightning quick though. When they acquired Goodson I assumed Jones would be the #3, but apparently not.
Yeah i thought the same thing and almost dropped from my fantasy roster. He seems a fit in the system and i also agree with reese comment. I was just really surprised by how much work he got in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread