Doctor Detroit

Add/Drop and Waiver Wire wonderment thread: Do you still own Domingo Santana?

6,102 posts in this topic

What are people's thoughts on Cahill?  He seems like the real deal as his peripherals are all pointing to a pretty good pitcher.  The walks are high but everything else seems to be good and he's playing in Petco.  Is he owned in most leagues?  I'm thinking of putting in a pretty significant bid for him since I'm desperate for pitching.  

I picked up Francisco Liriano tonight, no idea why I would do that to myself. :bag:

Also Ben Gamel probably worth a flyer in deeper leagues if he's starting and hitting 2nd while Haniger is on the mend. 

Not sure of the extent of Asdrubal Cabrera's injury, but I would grab Amed Rosario tonight to see what happens.

30 minutes ago, jamny said:

Not sure of the extent of Asdrubal Cabrera's injury, but I would grab Amed Rosario tonight to see what happens.

:wub: 

Didn't think we'd see him until 2018. 

JC Ramirez in all formats. Guy has some really interesting stuff, sits 96, sustaining 9 k/9 so far, plays in a good park. He came out of nowhere but I think he has to be rostered for the potential to keep this up.

9 hours ago, Doctor Detroit said:

:wub: 

Didn't think we'd see him until 2018. 

I grabbed him a couple of weeks ago when the Mets were slumping and Reyes was looking like he was shot. They've both since rebounded so I wasn't holding out much hope of Rosario coming up. They also have the option of moving TJ Rivera to the left side when Duda comes back so it still might not happen for Rosario but Mets GM did say it's a possibility.

Looks like Assdribble dodged a bullet and is thankfully not as hurt as expected.

My need for speed had me picking up Sierra from St. Louis. He's starting today so we'll see what happens.

4 hours ago, jamny said:

I grabbed him a couple of weeks ago when the Mets were slumping and Reyes was looking like he was shot. They've both since rebounded so I wasn't holding out much hope of Rosario coming up. They also have the option of moving TJ Rivera to the left side when Duda comes back so it still might not happen for Rosario but Mets GM did say it's a possibility.

I think once Rosario comes up he stays and with Cabrera in his last year, would have been set in stone if he was to miss a significant amount of time.  I have him in dynasty, I'm ready to get this show on the road as my only SSs are Tulo and Cozart. 

I streamed Cahill in two leagues and he seems to be putting it together.  Walked 5 tonight but only allowed one hit and is probably a must start at home at this point. 

3 people like this

3 hours ago, Doctor Detroit said:

I streamed Cahill in two leagues and he seems to be putting it together.  Walked 5 tonight but only allowed one hit and is probably a must start at home at this point. 

I'm 100% in. Dropped him after a stream in cake but picked him up in a weekly league and I'm holding there for the foreseeable future. He's missing a lot of bats.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Peyton Marino said:

I'm 100% in. Dropped him after a stream in cake but picked him up in a weekly league and I'm holding there for the foreseeable future. He's missing a lot of bats.

Yeah I bid $18 of my FAAB on him so I'm all in.  The only thing holding him back is that walk rate.  His strikeout rate is great and when he's not striking people out or walking them, he's getting them to hit weak grounders.  

1 person likes this

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 2:24 PM, Doctor Detroit said:

I think once Rosario comes up he stays and with Cabrera in his last year, would have been set in stone if he was to miss a significant amount of time.  I have him in dynasty, I'm ready to get this show on the road as my only SSs are Tulo and Cozart. 

with the met$ its all about the money and control.  nothing else matters, not even winning honestly.  with reyes and Cabrera they will not go to Rosario, especially if they are out of contention.  no reason for the coupon family to start the clock.  heck, if winning were important, dom smith would be playing first.....lefty bat, pro glove, high draft pick.

On 5/2/2017 at 10:53 PM, Doctor Detroit said:

Aaron Altherr was someone I have been watching for the last ten days or so.  He has an interesting career arc as he was basically a good steal guy with occasional pop with limited on base skills.  Then in 2014 he went to the Venezuelan fall league and raked.  Since then he has posted a 840+ OPS in the minors and he had 227 PAs last year in Philadelphia.  He has on base skills and he's now hitting 2nd with the Phillies.  He's got pop and he can steal bases so with the on base skills he's definitely worth an add in all roto leagues, and especially in OBP leagues.  BABIP is high but if he can hit .250 he's still gonna be worth rostering if you need counting stats and steals. 

Altherr is 5th among all MLB OF's with at least 80 PA's in OPS and wOBA. Gettum.

1 hour ago, E-Z Glider said:

Altherr is 5th among all MLB OF's with at least 80 PA's in OPS and wOBA. Gettum.

After today, I'm afraid the ship has probably sailed on getting him.  I've been blowing through my FAAB wad so I'm definitely going to get outbid.  He seems to strike out a lot but 20/20 guys don't exactly grow on trees.  I assume he's earned "every day" playing time even after the great Howie Kendrick returns?

Edited by fred_1_15301

Keep an eye on Luis Perdomo. K/9 is there and everything out of his hand looks like a frisbee 

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Doctor Detroit said:

Keep an eye on Luis Perdomo. K/9 is there and everything out of his hand looks like a frisbee 

Some of his metrics :thumbup:.But not the greatest D behind him and. the run support

On 5/9/2017 at 4:03 AM, Peyton Marino said:

And he now hits the DL with a shoulder strain.  What a brutal year for pitchers.  

1 hour ago, fred_1_15301 said:

And he now hits the DL with a shoulder strain.  What a brutal year for pitchers.  

Sure is, frustrating. I have a 4 era and a 1.25 whip in my home league and that is somehow top half of league. 

Matt Adams doing work 

Mike Leake was decent tonight :mellow: 

Why, given my years long staunch belief that he sucks, did I decide to stream Matt Boyd last night. :wall: