Doctor Detroit

Add/Drop and Waiver Wire wonderment thread: Do you still own Domingo Santana?

6,102 posts in this topic

I'm in a league where can keep players without ever seeing an increase in auction prices. I drafted both Danny Hultzen and Shelby Miller for $1 (thinking that would be a steal keeper price for their careers), but I think I need to cut one of them because I'm short a P in my lineup. If I cut and pick back up later this year, their keeper price would increase to $5. Which would you cut?

I am holding Hultzen and the fact he'll play his home games in Safeco gives him an advantage over almost everyone, but we know a little more about Miller I think. His K rates and WHIP are steady through his rise through the minors and he's going to be a good fantasy pitcher at some point.Tough to tell with these young pitchers though, both could be aces going forward, one could be great one could suck or both could completely suck. That's what makes sitting on young arms so dicey but with your league rules, you should try.
Yeah, I don't really want to cut either given the league rules. I'm also holding onto Bryce Harper. I found it hard to resist the allure of cheap keepers during the draft, but I left myself with a short bench until June, or whenever they get called up. Maybe I just hold onto them all, and throw in the towel before this year even starts, as better for me in the long-term.

What's the consensus of Lorenzo Cain? He is killing the ball in ST and I read is hitting in the #2 hole for the Royals. In the past that wouldn't be of much notice but with Hosmer/Butler hitting behind, he might be able to rack up some runs. I doubt the ST power is real but can this guy put up a Melky Cabrera-line from last year? .290 20 hrs 30 sbs 80+ Rs or is he just doing a Kila K impression?

I'm monitoring, but not picking up.
Drafted him in a keeperI'm holding
:confused:He's been drafted in every re-draft league I've seen.:tumbleweed:I've been on his bandwagon since last year.

What's the consensus of Lorenzo Cain? He is killing the ball in ST and I read is hitting in the #2 hole for the Royals. In the past that wouldn't be of much notice but with Hosmer/Butler hitting behind, he might be able to rack up some runs. I doubt the ST power is real but can this guy put up a Melky Cabrera-line from last year? .290 20 hrs 30 sbs 80+ Rs or is he just doing a Kila K impression?

:confused:He's been drafted in every re-draft league I've seen.:tumbleweed:I've been on his bandwagon since last year.
Rascal said he's monitoring, not picking up.I've got a full cup of the Cain Cool-Aid

Rascal said he's monitoring, not picking up.I've got a full cup of the Cain Cool-Aid
Right...it wasn't necessarily directed at you.:waves:

:shrug:he is available in my 12 team league...although I'm contemplating picking him up and dropping frenchie.

:shrug:he is available in my 12 team league...although I'm contemplating picking him up and dropping frenchie.
I wouldn't contemplate it much longer.

I wouldn't contemplate it much longer.
was drafted in my league friday night

For those speculating in saves:

Bailey in Boston may be out to start to season. Melancon or Aceves are the pickups.

For those speculating in saves:Bailey in Boston may be out to start to season. Melancon or Aceves are the pickups.

MELANCONBeckett likely to miss at least first turn and Aceves will start on Saturday

For those speculating in saves:Bailey in Boston may be out to start to season. Melancon or Aceves are the pickups.

MELANCONBeckett likely to miss at least first turn and Aceves will start on Saturday
Beckett now not to miss any starts, but I agree with you that Melancon is still the pickup here.

I've got a full cup of the Cain Cool-Aid

Same here.He has a Brett Butler/Kenny Lofton feel to his game.

Farnsworth with elbow soreness - FWIW, I think Peralta is likely the guy and just added him!

How would you rank Peralta, Melancon, Jim Johnson, and Holland for saves this week and then for the rest of the year. I have nobody right now and would probably drop Nolasco or Rios since Utley hasn't gone on the DL yet.

How would you rank Peralta, Melancon, Jim Johnson, and Holland for saves this week and then for the rest of the year. I have nobody right now and would probably drop Nolasco or Rios since Utley hasn't gone on the DL yet.

good question. WTF knows. If I had to guess:PeraltaJohnsonHollandMelancon

good question. WTF knows. If I had to guess:PeraltaJohnsonHollandMelancon
Johnson is the only one of the four with a clearly defined role. Holland probably has to wait for Broxton to fail and Peralta/Melancon are renting the job until more facts are known about Farnsworth/Bailey.

Two of my three closers are on the DL. What fun. I will just have to punt the SV category for a spell.

yahoo sucks. Apparently, Utley, howard, and contreras won't listed as DL candidates and instead will list them as N/A. That makes no sense.

Edited by rascal

I was in Disneyworld so missed my draft, autodraft seemed to forget that I needed SPs. First, how screwed am I, and second, do I make this trade?I send Alex Gordon for Brandon Belt, Delmon Young, and Jurrjens.

C Matt Wieters, Bal C 1B Joey Votto, Cin 1B 2B Robinson Cano, NYY 2B 3B Adrian Beltre, Tex 3B SS Marco Scutaro, Col SS OF Matt Holliday, StL OF OF Alex Gordon, KC OF OF Ben Zobrist, TB 2B, OF UTIL Shin-Soo Choo, Cle OF Bench Carlos Pena, TB 1B Bench Colby Rasmus, Tor OF Bench Aaron Hill, Ari 2B P Matt Garza, ChC SP P Jordan Zimmermann, Wsh SP P Joel Hanrahan, Pit RP P Cory Luebke, SD SP, RP P Andrew Bailey, Bos RP P Kyle Farnsworth, TB RP Bench Chris Carpenter*, StL SP Bench Jonathan Sanchez, KC SP Bench Edwin Jackson, Wsh SP DL Scott Baker*, Min SP

I dont think your SP is that bad. That trade wont help you cuz Jurrjens would be your worst SP besides Sanchez. Gordon is worth much more than that. Id try to trade Cano for a stud SP and a lower end OF. Then move Zobrist to 2B. Also theres gotta be a few decent SP you can add off waivers.

Id try to trade Cano for a stud SP and a lower end OF. Then move Zobrist to 2B. Also theres gotta be a few decent SP you can add off waivers.

I was going to suggest this too. Although, I'd probably first check and see what SP I could fetch for Zobrist. Look for a team that's weak at 2B and make an offer. What's the WW look like?

yahoo sucks. Apparently, Utley, howard, and contreras won't listed as DL candidates and instead will list them as N/A. That makes no sense.

Crawford, too. It's odd, especially since guys like Brett Anderson and Rubby de la Rosa are listed DL. This link on the league page doesn't seem to explain the distinction here. Are those guys not on their official team DL until opening day? I know that's the case with, e.g., BJ Upton.

h2h 12 team with yahoo scoring

C: Yadier Molina

1B: Joey Votto

2B: Dan Uggla

SS: Hanley Ramirez

3B: Evan Longoria

OF: Andrew McCutchen, Desmond Jennings, Adam Jones

UTL: Mark Reynolds, Paul Goldschmidt

SP: Jon Lester, Yovani Gallardo

RP: Jim Johnson, Alfredo Aceves

P: Matt Moore, Ricky Romero, Max Scherzer, Jamie Garcia,

Bench: Adam Dunn, Jeff Francoeur, Justin Masterson, Alex Rios, Derek Holland

DL: Chase Utley

Assuming Yost names a closer, who do recommend I drop? I'm thinking Francoeur or Rios.

Edited by rascal

Crawford, too. It's odd, especially since guys like Brett Anderson and Rubby de la Rosa are listed DL. This link on the league page doesn't seem to explain the distinction here. Are those guys not on their official team DL until opening day? I know that's the case with, e.g., BJ Upton.
yahoo has added both Utley and Upton...not ure on Howard

yahoo has added both Utley and Upton...not ure on Howard
Yup. They added Howard as well.

h2h 12 team with yahoo scoringC: Yadier Molina1B: Joey Votto2B: Dan UgglaSS: Hanley Ramirez3B: Evan LongoriaOF: Andrew McCutchen, Desmond Jennings, Adam JonesUTL: Mark Reynolds, Paul GoldschmidtSP: Jon Lester, Yovani GallardoRP: Jim Johnson, Alfredo AcevesP: Matt Moore, Ricky Romero, Max Scherzer, Jamie Garcia,Bench: Adam Dunn, Jeff Francoeur, Justin Masterson, Alex Rios, Derek HollandDL: Chase UtleyAssuming Yost names a closer, who do recommend I drop? I'm thinking Francoeur or Rios.

id drop francouer before Rios

Picked up Furcal.

:bag:

Id try to trade Cano for a stud SP and a lower end OF. Then move Zobrist to 2B. Also theres gotta be a few decent SP you can add off waivers.

I was going to suggest this too. Although, I'd probably first check and see what SP I could fetch for Zobrist. Look for a team that's weak at 2B and make an offer. What's the WW look like?
Thanks guys.I have Johann Santana #1 on my list. Also considering:Pavano, Jacin, Lohse, Hughes, and Westbrook.I don't like Scutaro at SS and want to pick up the kid in KC.Received this offer today:Alex GordonforMelky Cabrera (he knows I'm a SF homer)Johnny Cueto

Is Josh Donaldson worth picking up for the bench as a possible #2 catcher?

Looks like he'll get a lot of AB's as the man at 3rd.

Is Josh Donaldson worth picking up for the bench as a possible #2 catcher?Looks like he'll get a lot of AB's as the man at 3rd.

In a 2 catcher AL only league? sure. Otherwise, not so much.

Is Josh Donaldson worth picking up for the bench as a possible #2 catcher?Looks like he'll get a lot of AB's as the man at 3rd.

He has value in 2 C mixed leagues, without looking I'm sure there are more than a half dozen teams with worse catchers than Donaldson. I wouldn't want to go into the season with him as my 2nd catcher, but if my bench is deep enough I'd make room for him as my #3. if not, I'd flag him and if I have a catcher that sucks or gets injured I'd dial him up.

He has value in 2 C mixed leagues, without looking I'm sure there are more than a half dozen teams with worse catchers than Donaldson. I wouldn't want to go into the season with him as my 2nd catcher, but if my bench is deep enough I'd make room for him as my #3. if not, I'd flag him and if I have a catcher that sucks or gets injured I'd dial him up.
Yeah, I just dropped Andres Torres for him. Considering I have Hundley and Mesoraco as my two catchers, I'm going to have to stay aggressive at the position to find a possible replacement.

Thanks guys.I have Johann Santana #1 on my list. Also considering:Pavano, Jacin, Lohse, Hughes, and Westbrook.I don't like Scutaro at SS and want to pick up the kid in KC.Received this offer today:Alex GordonforMelky Cabrera (he knows I'm a SF homer)Johnny Cueto
Stick with Gordon and unless you have a speed deficit Scutaro is a better option than Alcides.Re ww, I'd take the flier on Chacin before Johan. Good raw #'s today, but I don't think he had a single pitch at 90+. I'd let someone else have him.

What is a good predicton for Belt since he made the roster? I don't understand the Giants handling of him at all.

What is a good predicton for Belt since he made the roster? I don't understand the Giants handling of him at all.

Don't have a clue until we see if he sits against LHP.

Don't have a clue until we see if he sits against LHP.
Yep, feel good about rostering him in daily lineup leagues but weekly is a wait and see.

I can't stress enough how terrible this trade is for you.

Any thoughts on Josh Reddick? I think I might add him.

He seems overlooked amidst Cespedesteryia, but he's off to a nice start too. He's batted 3rd for 2 days in a row, which is a good thing, even in OAK, especially if it means batting front of the 2012 AL MVP.

He's 25 with some really nice power numbers in the minors (.500 SLG) and in limited time in BOS last year (.457 in 254 ABs).

It looks like he likes to take a walk even less than Cespedes though. That Billy Beane. Zigging when everyone else is zaggin.

I'll take a flyer on him. Some pop with a good chance for a lot of ABs and a nice line-up slot.

Edited by pollardsvision

Adam LaRoche appears to be back. If I didn't already own Votto, Dunn, and Goldy I might pick him up.

Does Dexter Fowler suck?

Ventura says Santiago is the closer in Chicago