Doctor Detroit

Add/Drop and Waiver Wire wonderment thread: Do you still own Domingo Santana?

6,102 posts in this topic

Who's the better WW pickup in a 12 team H2H?

Bedard

Burnett

Peavey

Arrieta

Hammel

Clayton Richard

Vargas

I just picked up Chone Figgins and feel good about it. :bag:

I drafted him. :mellow:

Who's the better WW pickup in a 12 team H2H?BedardBurnettPeaveyArrietaHammelClayton RichardVargas

Bedard seems to be a decent play. I loved Arrieta as a breakout guy this year, but only drafted him in the WIS league.Richard is WW material at all times, going from roster to roster for spot starts. Peavy always hurt, Hammel only reliable vs Twins, Burnett is solid but much like Richard and Vargas I don't know a lot about. Edited by Doctor Detroit

:hifive:

Who's the better WW pickup in a 12 team H2H?BedardBurnettPeaveyArrietaHammelClayton RichardVargas

Right now? Bedard or Peavy, I'd trend towards the NL arm. Obviously you can't trust either of them to stay healthy and that's what is most important in H2H as you need the best team in September, so depending on how your team looks and if it's a weekly or daily league but I'd be tempted by Vargas and just start him when plays at home.

I drafted him. :mellow:
Me too. :unsure:

Rank these 1B rest of the year:

Goldschmidt

Encarnacion

LaRoche

LaHair

Im currently starting 2 of these guys and the other 2 are available on waivers :mellow:

Rank these 1B rest of the year:GoldschmidtEncarnacionLaRocheLaHairIm currently starting 2 of these guys and the other 2 are available on waivers :mellow:

I'd probably go:Goldschmidt, by a wide marginLaRocheLaHairEncarnacion

Rank these 1B rest of the year:GoldschmidtEncarnacionLaRocheLaHairIm currently starting 2 of these guys and the other 2 are available on waivers :mellow:

I'd move Encarnacion ahead of LaHair.

Added Trevor Bauer yesterday... Was going to wait until a little later and closer to when he will get called up but with Collmenter looking bad, figured I would beat the rush. Still might drop him later on but my plan right now is hoping he gets called up in the beginning of May.

I'd move Encarnacion ahead of LaHair.
I could see that. I'm just tired of E5. Outside of the 3B eligiblity, I'd just rather with the "devil we don't know" in LaHair. Maybe he's a career minor-leaguer who'll be supplanted by Rizzo in a month? Maybe not. Either way, I'm okay passing up the chance for an E5 breakout to find out about LaHair.Obviously, if I was thin at 3B, I'd rather have E5. Edited by pollardsvision

GoldyLaHairEncarnacionLaRocheI don't know if LaHair and Goldy are any good, but I know the other 2 are mediocre CI's, at best. If Goldy or LaHair don't pan out then go on a search for a different mediocre CI.

I need a back-up 2b. Ryan Raburn is out there but I'd have to let an OF go. Raburn also qualifies as an OF.

Who would you drop: Josh Willingham, Jayson Werth or Nick Swisher?

Or isn't Raburn worth picking up?

6x6 with OBP, and Holds

I need a back-up 2b. Ryan Raburn is out there but I'd have to let an OF go. Raburn also qualifies as an OF.Who would you drop: Josh Willingham, Jayson Werth or Nick Swisher?Or isn't Raburn worth picking up?6x6 with OBP, and Holds

I'd hold.

I need a back-up 2b. Ryan Raburn is out there but I'd have to let an OF go. Raburn also qualifies as an OF.Who would you drop: Josh Willingham, Jayson Werth or Nick Swisher?Or isn't Raburn worth picking up?6x6 with OBP, and Holds

I'd hold.
Me too, those three hold more value than Raburn.

I'd hold.
Why do you need a backup 2B?

I'd hold.
Thanks guys.My 2b is hurt. Brandon Phillips

I'd hold.
Phillips is only supposed to miss three games. It's probably not worth making the two moves unless you think you can get an equivalent OF when you drop Raburn.

Yadier Molina? Worth a pickup? Thinking about picking him up only to use as trade bait or not worth the effort?

Yadier Molina? Worth a pickup? Thinking about picking him up only to use as trade bait or not worth the effort?

If he's currently available in free agency why would anyone trade for him later?

If he's currently available in free agency why would anyone trade for him later?
Cuz waivers only run once a week in my league

I love him thus far.

I love him thus far.
yep, gonna pick him up. I have a free spot. If I have to I can always use Santana as trade bait instead or move Santana to 1B if Molina is for real.

Cuz waivers only run once a week in my league
Yadier is who he is, an on base machine that will probably get you whereabouts of 50-60 runs, 10-15 HR's, 60-70 RBI, and a handful of stolen bases. In a 1 C league he is very replaceable. If the 9 guys in front of him stay healthy they will all outproduce him. I'm sure there's better use for the roster spot than a backup C you'll never use and moving Santana to 1B doesn't really make sense because while he is a very good C his production would be poor at 1B.

is there a WDIS thread?

Anyone going w/ Jaime Garcia @ Cincinnati vs Cueto today?

I'd hold.
Phillips is only supposed to miss three games. It's probably not worth making the two moves unless you think you can get an equivalent OF when you drop Raburn.
i did pick Raburn up but dropped Henderson Alvarez.I need more pitching so I'm going to try and move a couple of those OF, just not sure which ones. I will probably get Alvarez back in a couple days and drop Raburn too.

is there a WDIS thread?Anyone going w/ Jaime Garcia @ Cincinnati vs Cueto today?

Cincy will be missing 2 key RH bats with Phillips hurt and Rolen sits day after night games. Not sure of Garcia's splits, but if he can handle the lefties (Votto/Bruce) his stats will be fine today. Plus the Reds strike out a lot. Cueto might outduel him, but worth a start IMO.

is there a WDIS thread?Anyone going w/ Jaime Garcia @ Cincinnati vs Cueto today?

His career #'s vs. Cincy 9 G 7 GS 6-1 46 IP 3.13 ERA 1.17 WHIP 37 K 16 BB

Not sure how widely available he is at this point but I'd probably pick up Austin Jackson if he is available on your WW. If his adjustments are for real, he could but up some pretty gaudy run numbers at the top of that lineup.

Not sure how widely available he is at this point but I'd probably pick up Austin Jackson if he is available on your WW. If his adjustments are for real, he could but up some pretty gaudy run numbers at the top of that lineup.

Does he have any power potential in your opinion? I am interested in acquiring him, but I have a glut of high runs/SBs guys. I haven't seen him much. Any chance he gets his hits up like Melky did last year or develops some 20/20 pop like Hunter Pence?

Cincy will be missing 2 key RH bats with Phillips hurt and Rolen sits day after night games. Not sure of Garcia's splits, but if he can handle the lefties (Votto/Bruce) his stats will be fine today. Plus the Reds strike out a lot. Cueto might outduel him, but worth a start IMO.
Berkman, Freese, & Beltran all sitting for STL. Im starting Cueto

Does he have any power potential in your opinion? I am interested in acquiring him, but I have a glut of high runs/SBs guys. I haven't seen him much. Any chance he gets his hits up like Melky did last year or develops some 20/20 pop like Hunter Pence?
I don't see a lot of power potential but I mean he is only 25 and hit 10 HRs last year so you he might jump up to 15 HRs but that might be asking a bit much. Either way, if he can cutdown his strikeouts you might get a season of .270 12 HRs 50 RBIs 25 SBs and 110 Rs. That would be what I would be happy with out of Jackson. Edited by The Flying Elvis

Sorry I didn't read it as an either or. I would RATHER start Cueto, but if he's debating starting Garcia in general, both are starts IMO.@TFE thanks for Jackson response above

I don't see a lot of power potential but I mean he is only 25 and hit 10 HRs last year so you he might jump up to 15 HRs but that might be asking a bit much. Either way, if he can cutdown his strikeouts you might get a season of .270 12 HRs 50 RBIs 25 SBs and 110 Rs. That would be what I would be happy with out of Jackson.
:goodposting: His leg kick and batting eye were his issues last year imho, the former is definitely gone and the latter may be too. I don't see much power as his role is to get on base and let the guys behind him bring him in, but if these adjustments are legit he has plus potential SB's, won't hurt AVG, should provide about a dozen HR's, and could be looking at triple digit runs.I was worried he would be our biggest issue this year, but it's looking like he may be the X factor instead.

Sorry I didn't read it as an either or. I would RATHER start Cueto, but if he's debating starting Garcia in general, both are starts IMO.@TFE thanks for Jackson response above
good stuff, fellas. thanks

I don't see a lot of power potential but I mean he is only 25 and hit 10 HRs last year so you he might jump up to 15 HRs but that might be asking a bit much. Either way, if he can cutdown his strikeouts you might get a season of .270 12 HRs 50 RBIs 25 SBs and 110 Rs. That would be what I would be happy with out of Jackson.
Yup, and his upside is far higher than that. He scored 103, stole 27, and batted .293 in 2010 in a lineup that wasn't as good as this one. I realize the .293 was inflated by the BABIP but if he can hold that leadoff slot and these newfound changes are for real, he could put up some outrageous numbers.

good stuff, fellas. thanks
####### cueto

Johnny Damon to the tribe. Worth a pickup for AL only. Presumably Abreu just lost a landing spot.

I think Jose Altuve could make a nice pick-up in some leagues.

He was a really good hitter in the minors (1.017 OPS in 2011, put up a 15-40 in 2010).

He's really young and he's not doing anything flashy yet this season, but he's getting on base and scoring runs batting in the 2-hole in a somewhat decent Astros line-up.

He might be Dustin Ackley without the hype (and more speed).

Edited by pollardsvision