What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Add/Drop and Waiver Wire wonderment thread: Do you still own Domingo Santana? (4 Viewers)

Doing some lineup shuffling -- got caught speculating on Tazawa/Miller, and now it looks like Uehara is the Sox closer for now -- and I ended up having to drop Gregorius, so right now I have to play Prado at SS.

Yahoo 6x6 ... looking at Cozart or Crawford (or maybe Dozier?). Franklin also is there.

Doing some lineup shuffling -- got caught speculating on Tazawa/Miller, and now it looks like Uehara is the Sox closer for now -- and I ended up having to drop Gregorius, so right now I have to play Prado at SS.

Yahoo 6x6 ... looking at Cozart or Crawford (or maybe Dozier?). Franklin also is there.
I think all those guys are probably ride the hot hand types. Over the course of the season, I think I like Franklin best, but Dozier's absolutely on-fire at the moment.

Never had much interest in Cozart or Crawford, but I'd pick them up if they got hot.

Need a few opinions for rest of the season.

Nick Franklin vs. Chase Headley (DH or fillin at CI for Headley or Franklin for MI)

Mike Carp vs Zolio Almonte vs Nate Schierholtz (liking the kid so far just wondering if he gets the playing time at all once Granderson is back...and playing time always worries me with the others)

Need a few opinions for rest of the season.

Nick Franklin vs. Chase Headley (DH or fillin at CI for Headley or Franklin for MI)

Mike Carp vs Zolio Almonte vs Nate Schierholtz (liking the kid so far just wondering if he gets the playing time at all once Granderson is back...and playing time always worries me with the others)
So, you can only have one of your Franklin and Headley on your roster? And they'd likely be filling your MI and CI slots, respectively?

What are your other options at those spots (on your roster or on the wire)?

t's a really tough call, I think. It seems like it'd have to be a pretty shallow league to not be able to roster both. It seems insane to drop Headley, but I wouldn't trade Franklin straight up for him.

Assuming there are some solid CI options on the wire (and you've got a rock solid 3B), and not many solid MI options, I'd have to lean towards Franklin.

For the other 3, I like Carp, but I don't trust his playing time. I could see taking a shot on Almonte for a little while. I think they Yankees try to find a way to keep him in the line-up for a while. Also, it's just hard for me to get too fired up about Schierholtz. Maybe he's having a breakout season at age 29, but I kind of doubt it. He's striking out less, but his HR/FB is a lot higher than it's ever been (admittedly, not at a crazy rate for other players)

Although, I tend to always look more through a keeper league lens and go with the younger player on matters like these. Schierholtz is probably the safer option if need production right now from that spot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kendrick is at 2b

Hardy at SS

Its been Headley and Scutaro at my CI and MI til Scutaro got hurt and Hanley got back.

So now I have Hanley that can play CI or MI...I have Scutaro playing through the injury.

I have been rolling Headley out there bu tired of his lack of production and Franklin is actually available right now.

We only have 5 bench slots and play 5 OF, MI, CI, and DH plus 7 pitchers...so our benches are limited (and mine are full of guys like Anibal, AJ Burnett, Granderson, Harper)

So I really don't have much room but am ready to drop Headley.

Well, that move will likely have to wait.

Have to probably drop Headley or someone to pick up an OF to cover Gomez's injury now.

DA RAIDERS said:
added jason marquis. i think everyone's scared of him because he's on the padres :shrug:
I can assure you that's not why everyone is scared of him. If anything, Petco makes him more appealing.

(They're afraid because he has a well-established track record of being an effing fantasy train wreck.)

Eric Young seems to enjoy playing everyday batting leadoff without worry of being jerked around if he has a bad night.

Correia pitches in Miami tomorrow.

Ike Davis is also due for a call up in the next 7-10 days if this week goes like last.

Those were my adds this weekend, been filtering through a lot of high K MR's the last few weeks too. Trying to stock pile my depth with those now that my rotation has taken shape. Added Torres and Clippard a while ago, Furbush and Cingrani last week, have an empty roster spot for Thornton now but looking for another option as he is more of a 8 K/9 IP arm, likely good ratios though to bridge the gap while I look.

Is Jedd Gyorko coming off the DL Tuesday?
Jedd Gyorko to return 'within the week'
The Padres have yet to make a decision about injured second baseman Jedd Gyorko and a possible rehab asisgnment. Gyorko is eligible to return from the disabled list Tuesday, but may need to play a rehab game before he is reinstated.

"There's no timetable and no hard date on the calendar when you can expect Jedd [Gyorko]," manager Bud Black said, per MLB.com. "But hopefully it's within the next week."
More

If you're desperate for SB's in a deep league, Jarrod Dyson was recently activated from the DL. He should be stealing 43 bases between now and the end of the year. :thumbup:
Where's he going to play?
Good question. Definitely a speculative pickup as he'll need to come out hot to earn some PT, but that's pretty much what this thread is all about, no? Frenchy should be DFA'd.
Francoeur bats right handed and is less terrible against LHP. Dyson will have to fight for ABs with David Lough because they're both left handed bats. Lough has been OK (OPS+ of 100) but 1 walk in over 100 PAs is bad even by Royals' standards.

Only scenario I see is if Cain continues to be a disaster and they send him to the disgraceful list/minors. Or give him lefties only with Frenchy then give Lough and Dyson all righties.

Have a chance to deal for either Segura or Reyes, because right now Prado is my only SS (although I am considering picking up Franklin). Other owner is looking for a top 25 starter -- of which I have Zimmermann, Darvish, S. Miller and Corbin ranked that high by Yahoo! (Also have a sliding-downhill Matt Moore, and Price on the DL).

Worth making a swap? Or should I just grab Franklin and go with my pitching depth?

Have a chance to deal for either Segura or Reyes, because right now Prado is my only SS (although I am considering picking up Franklin). Other owner is looking for a top 25 starter -- of which I have Zimmermann, Darvish, S. Miller and Corbin ranked that high by Yahoo! (Also have a sliding-downhill Matt Moore, and Price on the DL).

Worth making a swap? Or should I just grab Franklin and go with my pitching depth?
I would be all over Corbin or Miller for Segura. Not Zimm or Yu though. If he demands either of them just pick up Franklin.

I would be all over Corbin or Miller for Segura. Not Zimm or Yu though. If he demands either of them just pick up Franklin.
I'd definitely flip Corbin for Segura or Reyes. See some mean regression coming for him soon.

Most likely to make an impact later this season ... Taillon or Springer (for my ML spot ... non-keeper, but I can stash until he comes up).

Dickie Dunn said:
Most likely to make an impact later this season ... Taillon or Springer (for my ML spot ... non-keeper, but I can stash until he comes up).
I lean Springer. The Pirates rotation is already crowded enough to make them consider DFA valid SP depth so I doubt they'll want to muddy the waters any more until Sept barring injuries. The Astros have nothing to lose with Springer and I think he'll be up to give it a shot. I don't know enough about him to know what he'll produce once here, but yest on MLB NOW they were debating whether he could get up in time to win NL ROY this season. Somebody think he's ready.

If you're desperate for SB's in a deep league, Jarrod Dyson was recently activated from the DL. He should be stealing 43 bases between now and the end of the year. :thumbup:
Good question. Definitely a speculative pickup as he'll need to come out hot to earn some PT, but that's pretty much what this thread is all about, no? Frenchy should be DFA'd.
Francoeur bats right handed and is less terrible against LHP. Dyson will have to fight for ABs with David Lough because they're both left handed bats. Lough has been OK (OPS+ of 100) but 1 walk in over 100 PAs is bad even by Royals' standards.
Dyson has 3 SBs (and a HR) in his 3 games back so far. :coffee:

So, how many HRs did/does Ibanez have to hit for you to have any interest?

I was going to hold out until he hit #45, but I went ahead and pulled the trigger after #17. I'm still not real excited about it.

So, how many HRs did/does Ibanez have to hit for you to have any interest?

I was going to hold out until he hit #45, but I went ahead and pulled the trigger after #17. I'm still not real excited about it.
yeah, I think I'm going to drop Moreland for him. My wife won't be happy.

Waiting for Gyorko and Harper to come back this weekend and they both get hurt in their rehab games. :wall:

Harper doesn't sound too bad, fouled a ball off his foot, but Gyorko with more groin strain issues might be.

Waiting for Gyorko and Harper to come back this weekend and they both get hurt in their rehab games. :wall:

Harper doesn't sound too bad, fouled a ball off his foot, but Gyorko with more groin strain issues might be.
same here
Bryce Harper (knee) is scheduled to play a full nine innings on Thursday night at Double-A Harrisburg.
Harper made an early departure from a rehab game Wednesday at High-A Potomac after fouling a ball off his foot, but he suffered only a mild bruise. The 20-year-old outfielder is on track to return to the Nationals on Monday

same here
Bryce Harper (knee) is scheduled to play a full nine innings on Thursday night at Double-A Harrisburg.

Harper made an early departure from a rehab game Wednesday at High-A Potomac after fouling a ball off his foot, but he suffered only a mild bruise. The 20-year-old outfielder is on track to return to the Nationals on Monday
Guess it is time to pick him back up.

same here

I wouldn't burn my waivers priority on a guy who isn't guaranteed of unseating Roger Bernadina

Eephus said:
collective said:

same here

I wouldn't burn my waivers priority on a guy who isn't guaranteed of unseating Roger Bernadina
No need, he is already a free agent.

The Padres have yet to make a decision about injured second baseman Jedd Gyorko and a possible rehab asisgnment. Gyorko is eligible to return from the disabled list Tuesday, but may need to play a rehab game before he is reinstated.

"There's no timetable and no hard date on the calendar when you can expect Jedd [Gyorko]," manager Bud Black said, per MLB.com. "But hopefully it's within the next week."
More
Gyorko yanked from rehab game with more groin issues... :cry:

More
Gyorko yanked from rehab game with more groin issues... :cry:
Doesn't look like he's in the starting lineup of todays minor league game

Dyson has 3 SBs (and a HR) in his 3 games back so far. :coffee:
Is Cain the odd man out? He seems to be out of the lineup a ton lately.

Users who are viewing this thread