What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Add/Drop and Waiver Wire wonderment thread: Do you still own Domingo Santana? (3 Viewers)

2-start pitcher time:

Beckett (vs ATL/vs CHC) and Colon (vs PHI/ vs SF) have the most favorable matchups, both against teams in the bottom 3rd in OPS and Strikeouts. And both in great pitcher's parks.

But I'm not sure if I trust them.

Harang has really been quite consistent, though far from spectacular. He's @ LAD and @SD. Obviously the SD matchup is the best of all, but the Dodgers could be a problem.

i guess that the other problem with Colon is that he could get traded this week, which would #### it all up.

His SIERA says he is actually better than his ERA. Harang is much worse.

I would definitely go for Beckett if it weren't for the injury.

Quick Trade Help (OBP league)

I'm trading away Trout (keepable for 2 more seasons)

Currently in 2nd place. Near the top in all hitting cats but every point is important. Middle of the pack in pitching but currently have Greinke, Darvish, Hamels, Lee, Lincecum

Current offers

Pujols

Hanley

Lester

or

Goldschmidt

Strasburg

Gattis

Rejected this one, the hit in OBP is too much I think)

Adam Jones

Scherzer

Bruce

Yeah second one seems pretty good, unless there are some keeper restrictions on them.

Goldschmidt is probably about the number 5 ranked position player for keeper, I would say. So that plus a potential ace and a young catcher with power seems like a pretty good haul to me.

Yeah second one seems pretty good, unless there are some keeper restrictions on them.

Goldschmidt is probably about the number 5 ranked position player for keeper, I would say. So that plus a potential ace and a young catcher with power seems like a pretty good haul to me.
:goodposting:

Quick Trade Help (OBP league)

I'm trading away Trout (keepable for 2 more seasons)

Currently in 2nd place. Near the top in all hitting cats but every point is important. Middle of the pack in pitching but currently have Greinke, Darvish, Hamels, Lee, Lincecum

Current offers

Pujols

Hanley

Lester

or

Goldschmidt

Strasburg

Gattis

Rejected this one, the hit in OBP is too much I think)

Adam Jones

Scherzer

Bruce
Scherzer gives his team the best chance to win right now.......

The 2nd trade is great if thats where you want to finish.

Last edited by a moderator:

Goldy is more expensive to keep than Trout

Gattis is at a keepable price

Straus has been traded 4 times this year and is expensive to keep(he's more expensive than Scherzer)

Oh well, sour grapes I guess

I couldn't care less about keeper values. I feel that I'll get better production out of Goldy/ Gattis/ Strasburg then the other offers

It really depends on your category and positional needs. Yeah, you're probably gaining on OBP with Goldy and Gattis, but probably costing yourself a handful plus steals. Is Gattis a UTIL? If so, counting stats are going to suffer because he doesn't play every day, Goldy shouldn't be enough to offset Jones and Bruce. If he's your C then it depends what your current C is doing and what you'd be doing with him if you acquired Gattis. If you acquired Bruce who would he be replacing?

I'd immediately dismiss the Pujols/Hanley/Lester offer like everyone else, but I don't think the other is a slam dunk. Depends on your current roster, where you think you can gain points, and where you may lose them.

Not sure if Starsburg's WHIP regression is legit or not, inflated BABIP sticks out like a sore thumb but so does his LD rate, which would explain the inflated BABIP. Still, gotta plan on it and if it corrects? Bonus. No matter what, I'd treat him vs. Max as a wash - they're both elite. The bats decide this trade.

It really depends on your category and positional needs. Yeah, you're probably gaining on OBP with Goldy and Gattis, but probably costing yourself a handful plus steals. Is Gattis a UTIL? If so, counting stats are going to suffer because he doesn't play every day, Goldy shouldn't be enough to offset Jones and Bruce. If he's your C then it depends what your current C is doing and what you'd be doing with him if you acquired Gattis. If you acquired Bruce who would he be replacing?

I'd immediately dismiss the Pujols/Hanley/Lester offer like everyone else, but I don't think the other is a slam dunk. Depends on your current roster, where you think you can gain points, and where you may lose them.

Not sure if Starsburg's WHIP regression is legit or not, inflated BABIP sticks out like a sore thumb but so does his LD rate, which would explain the inflated BABIP. Still, gotta plan on it and if it corrects? Bonus. No matter what, I'd treat him vs. Max as a wash - they're both elite. The bats decide this trade.
And just for ####s and giggles, my original offer was Scherzer, Jones, and I Desmond(who would have been replacing A Escobar)

Oh well, it's done.

I'm looking for advice in an AL-only, keeper league. I'm out of contention this season.

I own, and had planned to keep, Corey Kluber for $20 (of $250).

I have a chance to trade him to another owner for George Springer, who could be kept for $9.

Since it is AL-only, and a keeper league, the number of top-notch SPs available in next year's auction will be halved. Kluber is entering that realm. The same is true for OF, however.

Who would you rather keep, given that to keep Kluber would be a bit more expensive but not particularly so.

I'm looking for advice in an AL-only, keeper league. I'm out of contention this season.

I have a chance to trade him to another owner for George Springer, who could be kept for $9.

Since it is AL-only, and a keeper league, the number of top-notch SPs available in next year's auction will be halved. Kluber is entering that realm. The same is true for OF, however.

Who would you rather keep, given that to keep Kluber would be a bit more expensive but not particularly so.
I personally would take Springer. Pitching always seems easier to come by. Maybe your league is different.

AL only keepers here too and will have a decision on Kluber as well. Is your league points or roto? I don't have a decision quite as tough as Springer, but in a points league easily would want Springer... Roto would be a tougher call but would still probably go Springer.

Straus has been traded 4 times this year and is expensive to keep(he's more expensive than Scherzer)

Oops

Oops
shut your face

Have two owners battling for Abreu and Darvish (I am out of it and have other keepers for next year). One has offered a 1st and 2nd, the other a 1st and 4th with Tanaka.

I may try to squeeze a little more out of the second owner, but was wondering which seems better (without knowing for sure what's up with Tanaka).

Is Chris Coghlan worth a flyer for plug and play at utility? Between he and Veneble I guess, just need Monday/Thursday options and an occasional fill guy.

Looks like Avisail Garcia will be back in September, I grabbed him in May in a keeper after he was dropped and just got him in a deep league.

Oops
shut your face
sour grapes?

I'd start Samuel Beckett over Aaron Harang.
I know, I know. It felt very dirty grabbing him last night. But he has been super-consistent, somehow.

was going to change it today, but forgot about the early game, so rosters locked early. FML.
So the final tally on this was:

Harang - 16 points

Colon - 15 points

Beckett - -8 points

All of my 1-start pitchers on my bench scored over 20.

Good thing I put so much time into considering these things.

Cool story, bro.

I know, I know. It felt very dirty grabbing him last night. But he has been super-consistent, somehow.

was going to change it today, but forgot about the early game, so rosters locked early. FML.

Harang - 16 points

Colon - 15 points

Beckett - -8 points

Cool story, bro.
Im guilty of the same thing (starting bad two start pitchers over good 1 start pitchers) and I always tell myself Im not gonna do it but I cant help myself. All year Ive been good until this week when my opponent has two starts from both Kershaw & Felix so against better judgment, I am rolling the dice with Brett Anderson.

Is Chris Coghlan worth a flyer for plug and play at utility? Between he and Veneble I guess, just need Monday/Thursday options and an occasional fill guy.

Looks like Avisail Garcia will be back in September, I grabbed him in May in a keeper after he was dropped and just got him in a deep league.
He's an everyday starter for me (16team league) and I've been very happy with him leading of for the Chubs.

Harang - 16 points

Colon - 15 points

Beckett - -8 points

Cool story, bro.
Im guilty of the same thing (starting bad two start pitchers over good 1 start pitchers) and I always tell myself Im not gonna do it but I cant help myself. All year Ive been good until this week when my opponent has two starts from both Kershaw & Felix so against better judgment, I am rolling the dice with Brett Anderson.
None of those three are good pitchers though. Selecting a bad two start arm over a good one start arm usually doesn't work, but when you're choosing between three mediocre options unless the matchups are heavily favoring a one start arm the two start arm is the way to go.

That said, I'm probably going to go cross eyed if I keep staring at my one team and refuse to make a decision. Arrieta @ COL, Hahn @ MIN, or Linecum's two starts @ MIL and @ KC? Benching Arrieta seems crazy, but so does starting a non top 5 pitcher in Colorado. Benching Hahn seems almost as crazy right now, but the correction is coming; just not sure when. Linecum has scuffled since he got that save, but two starts and both of them against struggling teams.

Users who are viewing this thread