Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Doctor Detroit

Add/Drop and Waiver Wire wonderment thread: Do you still own Domingo Santana?

Dallas Keuchel can choke on my crank.

I was all excited cause I traded him away last week and figured by your post he had blown up.

Doh

Anyone starting Danny Salazar tonight?

:mellow:

:hey:

and Jimmy Nelson.

Fan Graphs guys including FBG Knightro are big on Nelson, Rotowire guys like him also FWIW.

Not a bad line for the 2 combined:

11 INN, 10 HA, 4 BBI, 11 K, 4 ER, 3.273 ERA, 1.273 WHIP

All I need is passable pitching from them the rest of the season.

Another good double matchup today:

Salazar vs. KC

Nelson vs. NYM

2-start pitcher time:

Beckett (vs ATL/vs CHC) and Colon (vs PHI/ vs SF) have the most favorable matchups, both against teams in the bottom 3rd in OPS and Strikeouts. And both in great pitcher's parks.

But I'm not sure if I trust them.

Harang has really been quite consistent, though far from spectacular. He's @ LAD and @SD. Obviously the SD matchup is the best of all, but the Dodgers could be a problem.

i guess that the other problem with Colon is that he could get traded this week, which would #### it all up.

His SIERA says he is actually better than his ERA. Harang is much worse.

I would definitely go for Beckett if it weren't for the injury.

I would definitely go for Beckett if it weren't for the injury.

I'd still lean Beckett.

I'd start Samuel Beckett over Aaron Harang.

:lmao:

I'd start Samuel Beckett over Aaron Harang.

I know, I know. It felt very dirty grabbing him last night. But he has been super-consistent, somehow.

was going to change it today, but forgot about the early game, so rosters locked early. FML.

Quick Trade Help (OBP league)

I'm trading away Trout (keepable for 2 more seasons)

Currently in 2nd place. Near the top in all hitting cats but every point is important. Middle of the pack in pitching but currently have Greinke, Darvish, Hamels, Lee, Lincecum

Current offers

Pujols

Hanley

Lester

or

Goldschmidt

Strasburg

Gattis

Rejected this one, the hit in OBP is too much I think)

Adam Jones

Scherzer

Bruce

Yeah second one seems pretty good, unless there are some keeper restrictions on them.

Goldschmidt is probably about the number 5 ranked position player for keeper, I would say. So that plus a potential ace and a young catcher with power seems like a pretty good haul to me.

Yeah second one seems pretty good, unless there are some keeper restrictions on them.

Goldschmidt is probably about the number 5 ranked position player for keeper, I would say. So that plus a potential ace and a young catcher with power seems like a pretty good haul to me.

:goodposting:

Yeah, I fourth the second one :mellow:

Quick Trade Help (OBP league)

I'm trading away Trout (keepable for 2 more seasons)

Currently in 2nd place. Near the top in all hitting cats but every point is important. Middle of the pack in pitching but currently have Greinke, Darvish, Hamels, Lee, Lincecum

Current offers

Pujols

Hanley

Lester

or

Goldschmidt

Strasburg

Gattis

Rejected this one, the hit in OBP is too much I think)

Adam Jones

Scherzer

Bruce

Scherzer gives his team the best chance to win right now.......

The 2nd trade is great if thats where you want to finish.

Edited by Wrigley

Yeah, I fourth the second one :mellow:

That's where I was leaning, but Strasburg's whip kind of had me worried.

Thanks for the input, gentleman.

:lmao: wonder why you think that?

maybe because I'm gonna trade these guys to the guy in 1st

maybe because I'm gonna trade these guys to the guy in 1st

good, I'll catch him in OBP. :highfive:

Goldy is more expensive to keep than Trout

Gattis is at a keepable price

Straus has been traded 4 times this year and is expensive to keep(he's more expensive than Scherzer)

Oh well, sour grapes I guess

I couldn't care less about keeper values. I feel that I'll get better production out of Goldy/ Gattis/ Strasburg then the other offers

It really depends on your category and positional needs. Yeah, you're probably gaining on OBP with Goldy and Gattis, but probably costing yourself a handful plus steals. Is Gattis a UTIL? If so, counting stats are going to suffer because he doesn't play every day, Goldy shouldn't be enough to offset Jones and Bruce. If he's your C then it depends what your current C is doing and what you'd be doing with him if you acquired Gattis. If you acquired Bruce who would he be replacing?

I'd immediately dismiss the Pujols/Hanley/Lester offer like everyone else, but I don't think the other is a slam dunk. Depends on your current roster, where you think you can gain points, and where you may lose them.

Not sure if Starsburg's WHIP regression is legit or not, inflated BABIP sticks out like a sore thumb but so does his LD rate, which would explain the inflated BABIP. Still, gotta plan on it and if it corrects? Bonus. No matter what, I'd treat him vs. Max as a wash - they're both elite. The bats decide this trade.

It really depends on your category and positional needs. Yeah, you're probably gaining on OBP with Goldy and Gattis, but probably costing yourself a handful plus steals. Is Gattis a UTIL? If so, counting stats are going to suffer because he doesn't play every day, Goldy shouldn't be enough to offset Jones and Bruce. If he's your C then it depends what your current C is doing and what you'd be doing with him if you acquired Gattis. If you acquired Bruce who would he be replacing?

I'd immediately dismiss the Pujols/Hanley/Lester offer like everyone else, but I don't think the other is a slam dunk. Depends on your current roster, where you think you can gain points, and where you may lose them.

Not sure if Starsburg's WHIP regression is legit or not, inflated BABIP sticks out like a sore thumb but so does his LD rate, which would explain the inflated BABIP. Still, gotta plan on it and if it corrects? Bonus. No matter what, I'd treat him vs. Max as a wash - they're both elite. The bats decide this trade.

And just for ####s and giggles, my original offer was Scherzer, Jones, and I Desmond(who would have been replacing A Escobar)

Oh well, it's done.

Edited by Wrigley

I was all excited cause I traded him away last week and figured by your post he had blown up.

Doh

crushed it today.

Doh

crushed it today.

F him

I'm looking for advice in an AL-only, keeper league. I'm out of contention this season.

I own, and had planned to keep, Corey Kluber for $20 (of $250).

I have a chance to trade him to another owner for George Springer, who could be kept for $9.

Since it is AL-only, and a keeper league, the number of top-notch SPs available in next year's auction will be halved. Kluber is entering that realm. The same is true for OF, however.

Who would you rather keep, given that to keep Kluber would be a bit more expensive but not particularly so.

I'm looking for advice in an AL-only, keeper league. I'm out of contention this season.

I have a chance to trade him to another owner for George Springer, who could be kept for $9.

Since it is AL-only, and a keeper league, the number of top-notch SPs available in next year's auction will be halved. Kluber is entering that realm. The same is true for OF, however.

Who would you rather keep, given that to keep Kluber would be a bit more expensive but not particularly so.

I personally would take Springer. Pitching always seems easier to come by. Maybe your league is different.

ProTip: GPJ is actually Joe

• Like 1

Yeah.

Lester

Gray

Samardzjia

Kazmir

Hammel

I think Chavez stays in the rotation. They cant keep sending Hammel out there.

Yeah.

Lester

Gray

Samardzjia

Kazmir

Hammel

I think Chavez stays in the rotation. They cant keep sending Hammel out there.

this

Guess I was wrong. Chavez to the 'pen

AL only keepers here too and will have a decision on Kluber as well. Is your league points or roto? I don't have a decision quite as tough as Springer, but in a points league easily would want Springer... Roto would be a tougher call but would still probably go Springer. Edited by Billy Bats

Straus has been traded 4 times this year and is expensive to keep(he's more expensive than Scherzer)

Oops

• Like 1

Who should I pick up, JJ Hardy or Dustin Ackley? Is Ackley finally figuring things out?

Oops

shut your face

Have two owners battling for Abreu and Darvish (I am out of it and have other keepers for next year). One has offered a 1st and 2nd, the other a 1st and 4th with Tanaka.

I may try to squeeze a little more out of the second owner, but was wondering which seems better (without knowing for sure what's up with Tanaka).

Is Chris Coghlan worth a flyer for plug and play at utility? Between he and Veneble I guess, just need Monday/Thursday options and an occasional fill guy.

Looks like Avisail Garcia will be back in September, I grabbed him in May in a keeper after he was dropped and just got him in a deep league.

Oops

shut your face

sour grapes?