What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Choose your favorite Led Zeppelin songs (5 Viewers)

Choose your favorites

• Achilles Last Stand

Votes: 51 27.4%
  • For Your Life

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • Nobody's Fault But Mine

Votes: 47 25.3%
  • In the Evening

Votes: 44 23.7%
  • Fool In the Rain

Votes: 55 29.6%
  • Hot Dog

Votes: 20 10.8%
  • Carouselambra

Votes: 12 6.5%
  • All My Love

Votes: 72 38.7%
  • I'm Gonna Crawl

Votes: 10 5.4%
  • Poor Tom

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Ozone Baby

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • Baby Come on Home

Votes: 10 5.4%
  • Travelling Riverside Blues

Votes: 50 26.9%
  • White Summer/Black Mountain Side

Votes: 18 9.7%
  • Hey Hey What Can I Do

Votes: 82 44.1%

• Total voters

timschochet

Footballguy
Just like the Stones, choose the ones you like best and we'll see which 16 we can come up with.

I tried to include everything of note- it's pretty much in order except that the well-known singles which did not appear on albums are listed at the very end. If I missed out on a favorite of yours, sorry about that. I'm reasonably confident I included everything that has a decent chance of making it to the next round. Enjoy, and choose wisely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice poll. I made several selections, but want to add one write-in vote for "Moby ****"
wrong forum buddy.
Yeah, it's going to be tough to come up with 16. I voted for several in each bracket, and could have easily voted for many I left out, keeping in mind it was a "favorite". The results will be pretty spread out I think. so much great music to choose from.eta: woops, don't know why I responded to this post, meant to just add

Nice poll. I made several selections, but want to add one write-in vote for "Moby ****"
wrong forum buddy.
Yeah, it's going to be tough to come up with 16. I voted for several in each bracket, and could have easily voted for many I left out, keeping in mind it was a "favorite". The results will be pretty spread out I think. so much great music to choose from.
This polls is going to come up with the finalists, not the winner. So as long as it gets votes, don't really care how scattered it is. The best will hopefully get the most votes.

wrong forum buddy.
Yeah, it's going to be tough to come up with 16. I voted for several in each bracket, and could have easily voted for many I left out, keeping in mind it was a "favorite". The results will be pretty spread out I think. so much great music to choose from.
This polls is going to come up with the finalists, not the winner. So as long as it gets votes, don't really care how scattered it is. The best will hopefully get the most votes.
Yeah I get that. I was just commenting that "the finalists" may not be super clear cut, few votes separating a lot of songs. Not being critical, my favorite band so just finding it interesting.

Wow. This is already very different from the Stones poll. There's been at least one vote for EVERY song, and it's very widely spread out. I will keep this up through Monday night.

OK, I replaced "The Rover". That's a personal favorite of mine, but I doubt it will garner enough votes for the 16. We'll give Ocean a shot.

I would have definitely voted for:

TEA FOR ONE

and

BRON Y AUR (the acoustic one, not the stomp one)

if they had been choices in the poll

Overall I think you did a better job with this list than the Stones, Timmy. That said, I dont see why all of IV is listed (Evermore and Four Sticks arent going anywhere). 6 songs off ITTODoor (too many) and South Bound Saurez isnt one of them?!

A few songs I wouldve listed are Bring It On Home & Moby **** (yes, this whole album shouldve been listed), Out On The Tiles, Bron-Y-Aur Stomp, Wearing and Tearing, and Sick Again but no big complaints there as I doubt any would get to the matchups. The Ocean on the other hand...

Went with:

Good Times Bad Times

What Is and What Should Never Be

The Lemon Song

Heartbreaker

That's The Way

When The Levee Breaks

The Rain Song

Over the Hills and Far Away

No Quarter

Custard Pie

In My Time of Dying

Trampled Under Foot

Ten Years Gone

The Wanton Song

Fool In The Rain

Travelling Riverside Blues

Hey Hey What Can I Do

The Ocean

That was a lot harder than I expected, and I didnt even really vote for any of the heavyweights..Overall, I think Zep has a much better catalog than the Stones, but thats just me.

Left off 3 of my favorites - How Many More Times, Out on the Tiles, and Bron-Y-Aur Stomp.

But that speaks to the depth of the catalog I guess... somebody liked almost every Led Zeppelin song.

Wow. This is already very different from the Stones poll. There's been at least one vote for EVERY song, and it's very widely spread out. I will keep this up through Monday night.
I like Zep, but a lot of their songs sound kind of the same, it's going get harder and harder to make choices, I predict. I would like to thank you for including Trampled Under foot, I love that song.

ALS getting much deserved love.
It's just an incredible song. Probably my favorite of the Zep songs that rarely got radio play, along with In the Light, which I also love.ETA- I amended "never" to rarely, because I have heard this on special LZ shows in the past- but due to length it was never on any regular rotation that I'm aware of.

This one is going to be tougher. People could have picked the top 2 from the Stones from the start. I don't think I want to guess at the top 2 from Zep. Radio play would put Stairway in the top 2, but I don't think I could vote it there.

You're probably right about Four Sticks, but Evermore's doing pretty well so far.
Yeah, Im a little bit surprised by Evermore but it definitely has its fans. If it makes it into the 16, I think it would lose in a landslide though.Biggest surprise for me so far is Achilles Last Stand is tied for 6th with 17 votes. Did not think that song was that popular or liked.The more I think about it, it bothers me that Bring It On Home and Moby **** arent on there. Id take off Poor Tom or Ozone Baby for them in a second, same goes for Night Flight and Boogie with Stu and Physical Graffiti is my favorite album, but those 2 seem like superfluous choices here.

Slightly surprised by the support "whole Lotta Love" and "Kashmir" are getting, though I know I shouldn't be, both great songs, Kashmir is epic. Just personal taste I guess cause Kashmir is so played out on classic rock radio. Course, so is Stairway more than any song and that never gets old for me.

ALS getting much deserved love.
It's just an incredible song. Probably my favorite of the Zep songs that rarely got radio play, along with In the Light, which I also love.ETA- I amended "never" to rarely, because I have heard this on special LZ shows in the past- but due to length it was never on any regular rotation that I'm aware of.
I agree, I voted for both ALS and ITL also. Seems lot of Zep fans don't like ITL

Maybe some of you can tell us how you were exposed to Led Zeppelin. For me, KLOS in Los Angeles had a Sunday night show when I was growing up in which they would play entire albums, and LZ was often featured. Because I couldn't afford to buy music, I often recorded the albums from the radio onto cassettes. It was a cheap way of having the music. So as a young teenager I ended up with every LZ album this way. I played those cassettes to death.

My older brother was into progressive bands like Kansas, Rush, Styx, etc. and he had an electric guitar which he never used. So I picked it up and tried to play along with Zep, and I was TERRIBLE. However, a friend of mine down the street had a set of drums in his garage, and pretty soon we were trying to cover LZ songs. It was pretty awful, but we had dreams we were going to be a band. We used to spend hours in his garage. But the "band" soon faded away, because my friend's sister gave us some pot, and we discovered it was more fun just to get stoned and listen to LZ than to try and play with it. And that's how I wasted away the summer of my 15th year...

So hard to choose. Probably my favorite band by a tiny bit over Pearl Jam. Love to see Hey, Hey What Can I Do get some love.

They are my favorite band. It's very hard to choose, the quality of their catalog is so amazing. Went with these 20:

Babe I'm Gonna Leave You

Dazed and Confused

Whole Lotta Love

What Is and What Never Should Be

Immigrant Song

Since I've Been Loving You

Stairway to Heaven

Going to California

When the Levee Breaks

The Rain Song

Over the Hills and Far Away

No Quarter

The Ocean

Houses of the Holy

Trampled Under Foot

Kashmir

In the Light

Down by the Seaside

Achilles Last Stand

I'm Gonna Crawl

Interesting diversity of voting. As of this point, 52 members have cast votes, and only one song (Kashmir, 33 votes) has 30+ votes.

As of right now, 14 songs have 20 or more votes, but there are another several songs within a few votes. It's going to be close for the songs near the bottom of the 16. How are you going to break ties, Tim?

Interesting diversity of voting. As of this point, 52 members have cast votes, and only one song (Kashmir, 33 votes) has 30+ votes.As of right now, 14 songs have 20 or more votes, but there are another several songs within a few votes. It's going to be close for the songs near the bottom of the 16. How are you going to break ties, Tim?
This will run through Monday night, and I think we'll see some separation. If there are still ties, we'll have some separate polls, but I doubt it wlll be necessary.

I've never heard a Led Zeppelin song I didn't like. Oh, and I've heard them all.

The voting above doesn't surprise me at all.

Left off 3 of my favorites - How Many More Times, Out on the Tiles, and Bron-Y-Aur Stomp.But that speaks to the depth of the catalog I guess... somebody liked almost every Led Zeppelin song.
I was going to whine about the exclusion of How Many More Times too. Absolutely awesome song, one of their heaviest finishing off their amazing debut album.

Very good poll options. The only head scratcher was the absence of "Bring It On Home". Is "Baby Come On Home" the poor man's proxy for this classic?

Slightly surprised by the support "whole Lotta Love" and "Kashmir" are getting, though I know I shouldn't be, both great songs, Kashmir is epic. Just personal taste I guess cause Kashmir is so played out on classic rock radio. Course, so is Stairway more than any song and that never gets old for me.
Kashmir is my clear #1 but the overplayed label is going to hurt it. Zep is one of those bands where just talking about one song is hard. Full albums are easier to debate, and Moby **** needs a lot of love here.

Very good poll options. The only head scratcher was the absence of "Bring It On Home". Is "Baby Come On Home" the poor man's proxy for this classic?
Agreed, that's my favorite song not listed and dont see how it isnt there considering some of the other options (most of them have less than 5 votes right now). Never heard of Baby Come On Home before, so listened to it today. There is no relation between the song's. I thought BCOM was pretty good, but if I didnt know it was Zeppelin I probably would never have guessed it. Might be the most straightforward radio pop-rock song in their catalog.

In My Time of Dying starting to get some votes. Probably my favorite but it's close with 2 others from that same album, In the Light and Ten years Gone.

Led Zeppelin is so good that Heartbreaker is currently outside the top 20.
I was actually thinking maybe Tim should make an exception and make Heartbreaker and Living Loving Maid a combo. Hell, if the radio stations play them back to back more often than not, seems fair to me. I cant think of any other bands or songs they do that with (although Im sure someone can prove me wrong).Also, Heartbreaker is the only song Im aware of that has 3 distinct solos, and 3 ####ing awesome solos at that.

Led Zeppelin is so good that Heartbreaker is currently outside the top 20.
I was actually thinking maybe Tim should make an exception and make Heartbreaker and Living Loving Maid a combo. Hell, if the radio stations play them back to back more often than not, seems fair to me. I cant think of any other bands or songs they do that with (although Im sure someone can prove me wrong).Also, Heartbreaker is the only song Im aware of that has 3 distinct solos, and 3 ####ing awesome solos at that.
Was about to post the same thing...whenever I hear heartbreaker by itself it always leaves me wanting.

I was actually thinking maybe Tim should make an exception and make Heartbreaker and Living Loving Maid a combo. Hell, if the radio stations play them back to back more often than not, seems fair to me. I cant think of any other bands or songs they do that with (although Im sure someone can prove me wrong).
I agree they should be the considered as "one song". There are a number of songs that are typically played back to back.We will rock you/ChampionsLoad out/StayFuneral for a friend/Love lies bleeding

I was actually thinking maybe Tim should make an exception and make Heartbreaker and Living Loving Maid a combo. Hell, if the radio stations play them back to back more often than not, seems fair to me. I cant think of any other bands or songs they do that with (although Im sure someone can prove me wrong).
I agree they should be the considered as "one song". There are a number of songs that are typically played back to back.We will rock you/ChampionsLoad out/StayFuneral for a friend/Love lies bleeding
The ayes have it. I will combine this and add "Bring It on Home", and "Moby ****".

I replaced Friends with Moby ****. Friends is one of my all time favorites, but it's only got 3 votes (one of them mine.) It's probably too late, but we'll see if Moby **** does better.

Very very close voting. If we were to stop right now, the top 16 would be:

1. Kashmir 58

2. When the Levee Breaks 54

3. Immigrant Song 47

4. Stairway to Heaven 46

5. Whole Lotta Love 45

6. Over the Hills and Far Away 43

7. Ramble On 43

8. Going to California 40

9. Hey Hey What Can I Do 38

10. Black Dog 37

11. All My Love 36

12. No Quarter 34

13. Dazed and Confused 34

14. Babe I’m Gonna Leave You 33

15. Good Times Bad Times 33

16. Since I’ve Been Loving You 32

On the cusp: Misty Mountain Hop, Rock and Roll, The Battle of Evermore, Achilles Last Stand, Heartbreaker/Living Loving Maid, Traveling Riverside Blues, In My Time of Dying, Tangerine.

Users who are viewing this thread