• All My Love
    • I'm Gonna Crawl
    • Poor Tom
    • Ozone Baby
    • Baby Come on Home
    • Travelling Riverside Blues
    • White Summer/Black Mountain Side
    • Hey Hey What Can I Do

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

186 posts in this topic

I hope Tangerine gets some love.

:thumbup:

Man I really hope No Quarter makes the list. Currently its on the cusp.

Led Zeppelin is so good that Heartbreaker is currently outside the top 20.

I was actually thinking maybe Tim should make an exception and make Heartbreaker and Living Loving Maid a combo. Hell, if the radio stations play them back to back more often than not, seems fair to me. I cant think of any other bands or songs they do that with (although Im sure someone can prove me wrong).Also, Heartbreaker is the only song Im aware of that has 3 distinct solos, and 3 ####ing awesome solos at that. Edited by Kenny Powers

Led Zeppelin is so good that Heartbreaker is currently outside the top 20.

I was actually thinking maybe Tim should make an exception and make Heartbreaker and Living Loving Maid a combo. Hell, if the radio stations play them back to back more often than not, seems fair to me. I cant think of any other bands or songs they do that with (although Im sure someone can prove me wrong).

Also, Heartbreaker is the only song Im aware of that has 3 distinct solos, and 3 ####ing awesome solos at that.

Was about to post the same thing...whenever I hear heartbreaker by itself it always leaves me wanting.

I was actually thinking maybe Tim should make an exception and make Heartbreaker and Living Loving Maid a combo. Hell, if the radio stations play them back to back more often than not, seems fair to me. I cant think of any other bands or songs they do that with (although Im sure someone can prove me wrong).

I agree they should be the considered as "one song". There are a number of songs that are typically played back to back.We will rock you/ChampionsLoad out/StayFuneral for a friend/Love lies bleeding

I agree they should be the considered as "one song". There are a number of songs that are typically played back to back.We will rock you/ChampionsLoad out/StayFuneral for a friend/Love lies bleeding
The ayes have it. I will combine this and add "Bring It on Home", and "Moby Dick".

I replaced Friends with Moby Dick. Friends is one of my all time favorites, but it's only got 3 votes (one of them mine.) It's probably too late, but we'll see if Moby Dick does better.

Very very close voting. If we were to stop right now, the top 16 would be:

1. Kashmir 58

2. When the Levee Breaks 54

3. Immigrant Song 47

4. Stairway to Heaven 46

5. Whole Lotta Love 45

6. Over the Hills and Far Away 43

7. Ramble On 43

8. Going to California 40

9. Hey Hey What Can I Do 38

10. Black Dog 37

11. All My Love 36

12. No Quarter 34

13. Dazed and Confused 34

14. Babe I’m Gonna Leave You 33

15. Good Times Bad Times 33

16. Since I’ve Been Loving You 32

On the cusp: Misty Mountain Hop, Rock and Roll, The Battle of Evermore, Achilles Last Stand, Heartbreaker/Living Loving Maid, Traveling Riverside Blues, In My Time of Dying, Tangerine.

All My Love - really?

All My Love - really?

That was my wedding song, dude.
Wow - had you pegged for "Easy Like Sunday Morning"

All My Love - really?

I agree, thats the biggest :confused: for me of the voting..I didnt think Led Zep fans actually liked that song, well, at least I dont like it (all Zep songs relative).I guess Im not surprised, but I was never big on Immigrant Song or Communication Breakdown either but it looks like both have a decent shot at the cut.

Surprised In the Light isn't doing better. It's really one of their better songs, and one of the ones that shows some diversity.

Tim - 1 huge Zep fan to another, I think we should stretch this out to 32 songs. There's way too many clustered after the handful at the top IMO to cut it off at 16.

I think 16 worked fine for the Stones, but as you and others have mentioned, the voting is really spread out here. A field of 32 makes much more sense, plus those close matchups are what make it interesting when we get to that point (Im willing to help out if needed if thats what it takes). Based on how the voting/threads went for the Stones song tourney, I dont think this will lose interest if it lasts closer to 2 weeks than 1 week. People even complained in the Stones finals thread they didnt know the voting was going on. I even thought to myself it went kind of fast.

Also, when it comes to LZ, there's no such thing as too much of a good thing.

ETA: 31 songs have at least 20 votes right now.

Edited by Kenny Powers

Tim - 1 huge Zep fan to another, I think we should stretch this out to 32 songs. There's way too many clustered after the handful at the top IMO to cut it off at 16. I think 16 worked fine for the Stones, but as you and others have mentioned, the voting is really spread out here. A field of 32 makes much more sense, plus those close matchups are what make it interesting when we get to that point (Im willing to help out if needed if thats what it takes). Based on how the voting/threads went for the Stones song tourney, I dont think this will lose interest if it lasts closer to 2 weeks than 1 week. People even complained in the Stones finals thread they didnt know the voting was going on. I even thought to myself it went kind of fast.Also, when it comes to LZ, there's no such thing as too much of a good thing.

Hmm. We'll see if the voting stays close through tomorrow and Monday and I'll decide then.

Tim - 1 huge Zep fan to another, I think we should stretch this out to 32 songs. There's way too many clustered after the handful at the top IMO to cut it off at 16. I think 16 worked fine for the Stones, but as you and others have mentioned, the voting is really spread out here. A field of 32 makes much more sense, plus those close matchups are what make it interesting when we get to that point (Im willing to help out if needed if thats what it takes). Based on how the voting/threads went for the Stones song tourney, I dont think this will lose interest if it lasts closer to 2 weeks than 1 week. People even complained in the Stones finals thread they didnt know the voting was going on. I even thought to myself it went kind of fast.Also, when it comes to LZ, there's no such thing as too much of a good thing.

Hmm. We'll see if the voting stays close through tomorrow and Monday and I'll decide then.
The voting is spread out because they aren't as diverse as the Stones or the Beatles. Expanding it to 32 won't help, it will just make things worse.

The voting is spread out because they aren't as diverse as the Stones or the Beatles. Expanding it to 32 won't help, it will just make things worse.
Did we do one of these for The Beatles?I dont think diversity has anything to do with it. The Stones vote wasnt as spread out because they were more heavy on singles, popular songs, songs you hear on the radio, etc. (and in this regard, are very comparable to The Beatles)The Stones catalog, single or not, was predominantly radio friendly 3-4 minutes songs. Zep has a ton of songs over 4 if not 5 minutes.When a song does or doesnt make the cut based on a vote or 2 and it has 40+ votes (just guessing based on turnout the next 2 days), I think expanding the field makes a ton of sense. Edited by Kenny Powers

All my Love has more votes than In My Time of Dying. Unreal.

What band are you guys listening to?

The voting is spread out because they aren't as diverse as the Stones or the Beatles.

Odd. I was thinking the extreme voting spread was because they WERE more diverse than the Stones or Beatles, thus there is something for everyone.

All my Love has more votes than In My Time of Dying. Unreal.What band are you guys listening to?

Lots of headshakers here. Tim should have substituted "We"re Gonna Groove" over OZone baby off of coda. How many More Times should have made the list. All my favorites are getting slaughtered, but I think i have a more sophisticated pallet than most on Zep tunes. Baby Come On Home is John Paul Jones at his finest, not to mention Roberts Raw and Overpowering singing. Carouselumbra with its transitions and awesome lyrics deserves more love, also JPJ takes center stage on that one. Tea for ONe and Since I've been Loving you are two of the greatest blues riffs of all time. The slide guitar and Jimmy's shredding of the fretboard on Traveling riverside Blues should garner more votes, much like Memo from Turner should get more love from stones fans. I'll stop now, I realize I'm drunk and ranting.

You're probably right about Four Sticks, but Evermore's doing pretty well so far.

When the Levee Breaks gets more love and I love Bonhams drumming and Robert blowing the harp, but Evermore trumps it with Jimmy's mandolin playing and Roberts vocals.....jmo.Edit: Agree with others saying Out on the Tiles shouldn't have been omitted, but it wouldn't win anyay.

Three that have me shocked

Dyer Maker

Fool in Rain

Houses of the Holy

You're probably right about Four Sticks, but Evermore's doing pretty well so far.

Edit: Agree with others saying Out on the Tiles shouldn't have been omitted, but it wouldn't win anyay.
Out on the Tiles was a huge omission.

All My Love - really?

:goodposting:Results like this make me question the taste of the FFA.

Three that have me shockedDyer MakerFool in RainHouses of the Holy

Meaning what, you are surprised they don't have more votes? I agree about Houses of the Holy, but not the other two. If I made the poll Dyer Maker wouldn't even be an option, and Fool would have been on the bubble for making it.

Three that have me shockedDyer MakerFool in RainHouses of the Holy

Meaning what, you are surprised they don't have more votes? I agree about Houses of the Holy, but not the other two. If I made the poll Dyer Maker wouldn't even be an option, and Fool would have been on the bubble for making it.
Yes, thought they were all more popular. Houses of the Holy is one of my favorites.

Surprised In the Light isn't doing better. It's really one of their better songs, and one of the ones that shows some diversity.

INL needs more votes. So does "In My Time Of Dying". Epic tunes.

FWIW, MOP was going to do a Van Halen one on Monday.

Any issues with having two tourneys going on at the same time?

There is only one that I voted for that I think could have been omitted for some others.

White Summer/Black Mountain Side. I love Jimmy Page's work on this one but it should have been sacrificed for the likes of Out on the Tiles or the Rover or How Many More Times for that matter.

Edited by Jefferson the Caregiver

All My Love - really?

:goodposting:Results like this make me question the taste of the FFA.
:goodposting: One of Zeppelin's few bad songs.

Traveling Riverside Blues might be their best song and I'd put it on a short list of best songs ever. Surprised it's falling short.

LINKY

Best of each bracket (IMO):

Good Times Bad Times

When the Levee Breaks

In My Time of Dying

Nobody's Fault But Mine

Traveling Riverside Blues might be their best song and I'd put it on a short list of best songs ever. Surprised it's falling short.

LINKY

Probably because it never appeared on any of the studio albums, just the box set.

LINKY

Probably because it never appeared on any of the studio albums, just the box set.
Hey Hey What Can I Do should make the Top 16 and it too was pretty much limited to release on the box set. But it was on a 45 and got radio play before they released the box set so maybe that's a factor.

So glad Since I've Been Loving You is getting lots of love. What a great song.

FWIW, MOP was going to do a Van Halen one on Monday.Any issues with having two tourneys going on at the same time?

Not with me, as I probably know a handful at most VH songs

The Rain Song not getting enough votes

The Rain Song not getting enough votes

That and Custard Pie are the 2 songs that are surprisingly low to me

All my Love has more votes than In My Time of Dying. Unreal.What band are you guys listening to?

:goodposting: Flawed if In My Time of Dying doesn't make top 16