Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buck Stop

Just got this trade offer but unsure

15 posts in this topic

My gut says decline but would appreciate some other thoughts.

I give: Stewart, Cobb, 1.6, 2.6

I get: 1.1, 2.1, Doucet

I am excited about Richardson, but I LOVE Stewart, and the chance that he might actually get traded makes it hard to want to move him. What do you guys think?

We start 1qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te, 1 rb/wr/te flex

Current roster:

Rodgers

Stewart, Ingram, Daniel Thomas, DeAngelo, Taiwan Jones, Hightower, K. Bell, McCluster

Calvin, Julio Jones, Steve Smith, D. Moore, Cobb, Ford, LaFell, Sanders, Burress

Hernandez, Dallas Clark

Rookie picks 1.6, 2.6, 3.6

Easy pass for me. But I really like Stewart and Cobb. Really like Richardson but not at the cost of Stewart+Cobb and Floyd/Martin/Miller.

Easy pass for me. But I really like Stewart and Cobb. Really like Richardson but not at the cost of Stewart+Cobb and Floyd/Martin/Miller.

It depends. Stewart needs a trade to have value this year. Though this probably will happen and then his value will likely increase dramatically. I think Richarson is the best player in the deal. And in most trades I feels like the team who gets the best player usually comes out ahead in the end. If Richardson is what we think he is, then I think you win. But he needs to fall in a spot where he is the man.

passed gas and then passed on the offer. thanks guys!

he counter with 1.01 for J-Stew and Cobb.....what do you think ???

I like that deal for you. While we all hope Stewart gets a better opportunity the fact is he is in a crowded backfield and Richardson is supposed to be the best RB prospect since ADP. Cobb is a guy liked by many too but he too is on a roster that may prevent him from getting much playing time.

I wouldn't do it because I am high on Cobb, and if Stewart lands in a good spot via trade, Stewart might put up some huge numbers.I guess the question is how badly do you want the 1.01? Personally I would not pay the price of J-Stew and Cobb, if you want the 1.01, I would counter with a downgrade in WR.

I wouldn't do it because I am high on Cobb, and if Stewart lands in a good spot via trade, Stewart might put up some huge numbers.I guess the question is how badly do you want the 1.01? Personally I would not pay the price of J-Stew and Cobb, if you want the 1.01, I would counter with a downgrade in WR.
The 1.01 is worth a lot more than Stewart/Cobb to me. I don't understand where all the Cobb adulation is coming from. Are Jennings/Nelson 36 years old or something? Maybe Cobb becomes a starter down the line but how can anyone know they can count on him in the next couple of seasons. Stewart is in the same boat... if he gets traded I'd still deal him and Cobb for the 1.01.

if i could trade jstew and cobb for the 1.1 i'd do it all day long. that is cheap. there are few studs in this draft 3-4. all of whom hold more long term value. cobb is a 3-4 wr on a team with an elite TE. he isn't going to be getting many targets unless an injury happens anytime in the next 4-5 years. and jstew? come on people every year he is going to do it, and every year he is hobbled and stuck in a logjam. even if he goes to Denver, they will split with him and mcgahee. trent has a chance to be the guy. and if you need a qb or wr there are options there also.

You're still thinking about this? You should take it before he pulls it back. If he made you this offer, he made someone else a similar low-ball offer to trade out of 1.01.

Don't over think Stewart being moved. It seems more like a "what would you give us" move by Carolina than active shopping. And who knows where he lands. Richardson is better than Stewart in your line-up regardless of where he lands. Doucet has more short term havlue than Cobb. And maybe long term as well since he seems stuck as a KR. And you may still get a WR of value at 2.01.

I like both players but like Richardson more. Go for it.

I wouldn't do it because I am high on Cobb, and if Stewart lands in a good spot via trade, Stewart might put up some huge numbers.

I guess the question is how badly do you want the 1.01? Personally I would not pay the price of J-Stew and Cobb, if you want the 1.01, I would counter with a downgrade in WR.

The 1.01 is worth a lot more than Stewart/Cobb to me. I don't understand where all the Cobb adulation is coming from. Are Jennings/Nelson 36 years old or something? Maybe Cobb becomes a starter down the line but how can anyone know they can count on him in the next couple of seasons. Stewart is in the same boat... if he gets traded I'd still deal him and Cobb for the 1.01.
The Packers haven't re-signed Jennings.