Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tony Jabroni

Wrestlemania

227 posts in this topic

:bag::excited: The Super Bowl of rasslin' is upon us!

The Rock vs. Jon Cena

The build up for this has been outstanding. Promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91BJaogkxBY

CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho :thumbup:

HHH vs. Undertaker in Hell in the Cell (Shawn Michaels guest ref)

Thoughts for this week going in? :bag:

:bag::excited: The Super Bowl of rasslin' is upon us!

The Rock vs. Jon Cena

The build up for this has been outstanding. Promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91BJaogkxBY

CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho :thumbup:

HHH vs. Undertaker in Hell in the Cell (Shawn Michaels guest ref)

Thoughts for this week going in? :bag:

My 8 yr old son's predictions, with winners in bold, and direct quotes in italics:

-John Cena vs. The Rock

- "I don't like The Rock, he swears too much"

Hell in a Cell Match:

-The Undertaker vs. Triple H. Shawn Michaels will serve as the special guest referee of the match.

- "Undertaker goes to 20-0, w/ some help from Shawn Michaels"

WWE Championship Match:

-CM Punk © vs. Chris Jericho

- "I don't like Jericho"

WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match:

-Daniel Bryan © vs. Sheamus w/ help from AJ

- "Sheamus has to beat him"

WWE Intercontinental Title Match:

-Cody Rhodes © vs. Big Show

- "Cody Rhodes deserves to get beat up"

-Randy Orton vs. Kane

- "Kane scares me"

12 Man Tag Team Match For Control of Raw and Smackdown:

-Team Laurinaitis vs Team Long

- "I like the guys on Teddy's team better"

As you can see, he's got a pretty strong anti-heel bias, so please do not wager with these predictions.

Very excited for this.

I've enjoyed watching cena absolutely demolish dwayne in head2head promos. i think dwayne wins, but he's been lackluster at best in his return. but its really allowed cena to shine and get away from his child friendly pg character.

taker will win, but i like the addition of Michaels as ref to add more to the storyline. i think its also planted the seeds to a possible mania match between hhh/hbk at mania next year

Pulling for rock, punk, shaemus, orton, and taker.

No Miz?

The buildup for Rock/Cena has been terrible. Nothing but them both having over the top promos every week and no physical contact or fights or anything. Lame.

Undertaker/Helmsley again...yawn.

CM Punk/Jericho will easily be the best match.

Wrestling is fake.

Cant wait for the documentary Monday night

Has Rock wrestled since he came back? Is he still capable of putting on a good match?

You know they wont let Rock win because he is basically just signed to wrestle one match. I'm tired ot Taker WM matches with 10 finishers. It's just kills the impact of a big move when you see them over and over again. $50 for a PPV? No thanks! I'd rather watch a Ring of Honor PPV for $10. The action will be ten times better. No 40+ year old washed up has beens and half the show being a promo.

Has Rock wrestled since he came back? Is he still capable of putting on a good match?

He wrestled at Survivor Series and did well enough. The utter lack of wrestling in the weeks leading up to this match has completely killed any interest I had in it.CM Punk-Jericho is definitely the match to see.

Looks like WWE is in a down period. I bet if we had this board in 1989, the thread for WM 5 would have been like 20 pages.

Looks like WWE is in a down period. I bet if we had this board in 1989 1999, the thread for WM 5 would have been like 20 pages.

Fixed

Looks like WWE is in a down period.

Buy out your competitors and the quality tends to go down.

I haven't followed in a long time. Is either the Rock or Cena the "heel" in this match up? I couldn't tell from the promos.

I haven't followed in a long time. Is either the Rock or Cena the "heel" in this match up? I couldn't tell from the promos.

No.

Looks like WWE is in a down period. I bet if we had this board in 1989 1999, the thread for WM 5 would have been like 20 pages.

Fixed
Odd that by fixing it, you have made it wrong.

Fixed
Great catch. Refixed.

Fixed
Great catch. Refixed.
Best WM ever? As a kid I loved 5. When the Mega Powers split, my life was turned upside down.

Fixed
Great catch. Refixed.
Best WM ever? As a kid I loved 5. When the Mega Powers split, my life was turned upside down.
Wrestlemania 17 was top to bottom my favorite.

Fixed
Great catch. Refixed.
Me, too. I'm possibly biased since I spent $125 for seats on the floor in the 10th row at the Astrodome for the event. That was also the first or second year they did their Axxess fan festival thing. I still treasure Trish Stratus' autograph.

Fixed
Great catch. Refixed.
:goodposting:

Looks like WWE is in a down period. I bet if we had this board in 1989, the thread for WM 5 would have been like 20 pages.

NWA was better than WWF in 89

I agree wholeheartedly. But the WWF did have bigger sales, due to having a larger fanbase and budget. I think it was the best year overall for wrestling. Some of my all-time favorite matches happened that year.

Yep, 1989 was awesome. Tons of great feuds that year: Hogan/Savage, Warrior/Rude, Flair/Steamboat, Flair/Funk, Muta/Sting, etc.

I was 6 years old so I was more in it for the stories and production than actual wrestling quality.

As you can see, he's got a pretty strong anti-heel bias.

You're raising him wrong.

I still treasure Trish Stratus' autograph.

:wub:Just as hot in person?

Card results?

It's next Sunday.BTW, another vote for WM17 here. Fantastic card and the culmination of the attitude era. The product has been going downhill ever since.

As you can see, he's got a pretty strong anti-heel bias.

You're raising him wrong.
:shrug: He likes the villans in Star Wars better than the good guys, so he's kind of all over the place.

I still treasure Trish Stratus' autograph.

:wub:Just as hot in person?
Yes. I have a pic with her from a press conference years ago in Milwaukee. Dangerous curves and God did she smell good. :excited:

Fixed
Great catch. Refixed.
:goodposting:
nothing tops a gimmick battle royal

this year

womens match - who cares it will be terrible

raw v smackdown - don't care, I don't watch smackdown and Laurinaitis is a doosh.

orton v kane - could steal the show yet I hardly care about it

rhodes v show - please be 5 minutes ending in a clean choke slam for the show - rhodes is boring / amazing considering the family

bryan v sheamus - holy cow #### - both of these guys are worse than rhodes

punk v jericho - only match i care about / both are fantastic in the ring and on the mic

trips v taker - again really?

rock v cena - finally I will stop hearing about this match

not worth catching live / will find the punk - jericho match monday afternoon

has to be in the running for the worst wrestlemania ever

Praying this is the last Mania for Kane/Big Show in 1-on-1 matches. In the running for stalest acts in wrestling history.

Ziggler should be fighting Orton. (Not buried in some irrelevant 10-12 man tag match)

Love Rhodes, but hard to be excited about him fighting someone that's impossible to put on a good match with anymore.

It's here in Miami, they have been pimping it for a year...I bet it's a circus but I just can't imagine parting with $100 to go to one of these...not even sure $100 gets you a good seat. This is wrestling right?

It's here in Miami, they have been pimping it for a year...I bet it's a circus but I just can't imagine parting with $100 to go to one of these...not even sure $100 gets you a good seat. This is wrestling right?

Paid $125 2 years ago for Mania in Glendale AZ, had sun blaring in my face (when they had roof open) and felt like a mile away from the ring.Don't know if there was a good seat....especially when you have the idiots with signs on the floor. Floor seats were $250 & $500 I believe.

Depends on how big the venue is. The Fan Access is great, but really if you're only a 'fan'.

womens match - who cares it will be terribleraw v smackdown - don't care, I don't watch smackdown and Laurinaitis is a doosh. orton v kane - could steal the show yet I hardly care about itrhodes v show - please be 5 minutes ending in a clean choke slam for the show - rhodes is boring / amazing considering the familybryan v sheamus - holy cow #### - both of these guys are worse than rhodespunk v jericho - only match i care about / both are fantastic in the ring and on the mictrips v taker - again really?rock v cena - finally I will stop hearing about this matchnot worth catching live / will find the punk - jericho match monday afternoonhas to be in the running for the worst wrestlemania ever

Might be in the running, but anyway..You don't watch SmackDown, so you don't appreciate Cody Rhodes or Daniel Bryan. They are two of the best heels these days.Orton-Kane is just crap to keep Randy satiated.Sheamus might win but Bryan will pull his best Ric Flair impression in the meantime. He's the heir to Flair. Yeah, I said it.Big Show will defeat Rhodes, only because the booking has made it inevitable. Rhodes moves onto main event status.Trips-Taker is ripe for something weird. HBK as ref. I have a suspicion it ends in controversy with no winner.Punk-Jericho - no need to discuss this classic. Predicting Punk, but can't wait either wayCena-Rock - somehow, even as a gigantic Rock mark, I'm thinking Cena. The Rock's Wrestlemania record blows.. why? They knew he wasn't here to stay.. unlike Stone Cold.. and John Cena.

My nephew is 3.5. I bought WWE All-Stars for his 8-year-old brother for the PS3. The little one has been obsessed since. I'll play the 8-year-old in tag team matches. The little one picks a wrestler but he just sits there with no controller watching us play. He then proceeds to flip out if "his" guy doesn't win.

Ton of WWE on Netflix. The little one has been going through most of these. Top 50 profiles and stuff.

To see how much he was absorbing, the other day I ask him in front of the family:

Me: Stacy Keibler has really long...?

Nephew: Legs!

Going to watch just in case Lesnar shows up. :popcorn: