What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who to keep? (1 Viewer)

Who to keep?

• Crawford

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Lawrie

Votes: 29 90.6%

• Total voters

jamny

Footballguy
Keep 6, standard 5x5.

So far I have:

Pujols

Wright

Hamilton

Haren

Strasburg

I pick 2nd so there's a good chance I could get either back or get a better player.

Who do I keep?

Crawford or Lawrie?

Leaning with Lawrie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lawrie and its not even close.

I know it was only 171 abs, but my debate would be wright or crawford. Count me in the camp that thinks both are on the wrong side of the mountain, but Wright could improve in a smaller citi field in a quasi contract year

Crawford had one bad year. Besides that he has finished right near the top of the heap for OFs every year...usually a top 5 guy in points. I would drop Hamilton, Lawrie, AND Wright before Crawford. He'll adjust.

I know it was only 171 abs
This plus his ST has Lawrie's value at an all-time high right now. Id first dangle him out there and see what kind of offers you get.I wouldnt drop Crawford. If you get no bites, I think your options are Wright, Lawrie, or Strasburg. Strasburg wont make the whole season, but he'll be damn valuable while he's in there, so Id keep him. Id probably gamble on Lawries upside rather than an aging Wright with a bad back. Drop Wright. There you go. 4 replies, 4 different answers!

Crawford had one bad year. Besides that he has finished right near the top of the heap for OFs every year...usually a top 5 guy in points. I would drop Hamilton, Lawrie, AND Wright before Crawford. He'll adjust.
I'm worried about the wrist and the park not exactly playing to his profile. And at some point, you have to think the fans will start eating this guy alive.They should just do Crawford for Werth and get it over with, thats a move that helps both teams for equally awful money.

There you go. 4 replies, 4 different answers!
:lmao: This isn't helping. Who ever I drop, I will most likely not get back. Picking at #2 will have some better options because some teams were stacked from last year and my player probably won't get back to me in round 2. If I drop Strasburg, I would probably be too tempted to get a pitcher right away and would miss out on a big bat. I'm gonna have to give Wright some thought. Maybe I could swing a move with him as there are a bunch of Met fans (myself included)in the league.

I'd suggest that you're on drugs by posting this, but we already know it's a fact.

'Limp Ditka said:
I'd suggest that you're on drugs by posting this, but we already know it's a fact.
Huh? I'm not on drugs. Anyhow, yeah, he's thirty, has been one of the best outfielders since he entered the league. I disagree and believe Fenway will play to his profile. His career BAPIP is .329. In 2009 and 2010 it was .342. Last year it was .300. Was taking it easy on the hams and he was an unlucky hitter last year. If he's going as late as you're all talking he'll pay dividends. You speak as if he's 35+.

'Limp Ditka said:
Huh? I'm not on drugs. Anyhow, yeah, he's thirty, has been one of the best outfielders since he entered the league. I disagree and believe Fenway will play to his profile. His career BAPIP is .329. In 2009 and 2010 it was .342. Last year it was .300. Was taking it easy on the hams and he was an unlucky hitter last year. If he's going as late as you're all talking he'll pay dividends. You speak as if he's 35+.
He's going so low it's ridiculous.

'Limp Ditka said:
Im hoping this is the case in my league. People are terrified of his wrist, and rightfully so, but it isnt like this is something that has been bothering him for years, it was a "minor" procedure and all indications are that it should not be an issue moving forward.

I can't imagine dropping a 22 year old 3B with 30/30 potential for pretty well anybody. With the injury history of Hamilton, Wright, and Crawford, Lawrie would probably be my 2nd keeper after Pujols.

That's part of the point though. If you like Crawford anywhere near as much as Lawrie which the thread implies, just throw him back and draft him near his ADP. His injury is a major red flag for me, but he definitely has upside if you take advantage of how late he's going.

So I dropped Crawford.

I pick 2nd. Here are the Top 10 available according to cbs rankings. Taking Beltre would lock up my DH spot.

Two catcher league.

Beltre

Avila

Montero

Wieters

Crawford

Zobrist

Bourne

Konerko

Chris Young

Morse

I thought I'd have a better option of an outfielder.

Looks like I might be taking Crawford back. I don't normally take catchers early.

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
beltre is the best hitter left, but i would still take crawford there. too much potential.

beltre

crawford

konkerko

zobrist

bourn

I'm not a big Beltre fan, but he is the obvious pick here. Konerko is plan B. None of the others are anywhere near the same conversation as those 2.

i dont like beltre anyway, but with 2 3B already, i wouldnt even consider him. i dont really like Morse that much, but I still like him better than Pauly. Id probably go crawford.

I'm amazed at all of the love for a guy with a wrist problem that's going to force him to miss at least 1/6th of the season.

He's not even in my top 40 outfielders.

I'd go Beltre as I don't really care about locking up DH.

Konerko and Crawford are in the discussion as backup plans.

No pitchers in consideration?

rotoworld

Nick Cafardo and Peter Abraham of the Boston Globe report that Carl Crawford (wrist) is likely to be sidelined until May.Reports Thursday intimated that Crawford might be ready as early as mid- to late-April, but evidently they were overly optimistic. Though Crawford is taking swings at balls off a tee and practicing on bunting, he's yet to take batting practice thrown by a coach. He would need to take live batting practice after that step before getting in 50 at-bats, which would cover about 15 games.

rotoworld

Nick Cafardo and Peter Abraham of the Boston Globe report that Carl Crawford (wrist) is likely to be sidelined until May.Reports Thursday intimated that Crawford might be ready as early as mid- to late-April, but evidently they were overly optimistic. Though Crawford is taking swings at balls off a tee and practicing on bunting, he's yet to take batting practice thrown by a coach. He would need to take live batting practice after that step before getting in 50 at-bats, which would cover about 15 games.
with that news, im switching my pick to Zobrist.

I'm amazed at all of the love for a guy with a wrist problem that's going to force him to miss at least 1/6th of the season.He's not even in my top 40 outfielders.
We're talking keepers MAC
I treat 2013 in a shallow keeper like this one as little more than a tie breaker between comparable bats. Drafting for the future in this shallow of a keeper is a guppy move.

It's a fairly pitcher hungry league. I already have two kept so I don't really want 3 thru 7 rounds.The ones available are (CBS rankings) Latos, Beckett, Bumgarner, Pineda, Hanson, Garza, GioDon't think I'll take any of those over my offensive choices.

It's a fairly pitcher hungry league. I already have two kept so I don't really want 3 thru 7 rounds.The ones available are (CBS rankings) Latos, Beckett, Bumgarner, Pineda, Hanson, Garza, GioDon't think I'll take any of those over my offensive choices.
You're correct. With 2 pitchers already in tow you do not want to take another one for at least the first 3 rounds. Preferably more. LOTS of cheap pitching available. Hitting? Not so much

interestingly enough, of the players originally listed, only crawford and wright were available at our draft and they went for the exact same amount... i got crawford, but im not really sure how I feel about it. here are some of the other players that went in the same price range (i got the bolded)...

sale-16

montero-16

holland-16

wright-17

crawford-17

j zimmerman-17

reynolds-18

werth-18

interestingly enough, of the players originally listed, only crawford and wright were available at our draft and they went for the exact same amount... i got crawford, but im not really sure how I feel about it. here are some of the other players that went in the same price range (i got the bolded)...sale-16montero-16holland-16wright-17crawford-17j zimmerman-17reynolds-18werth-18
I'd much rather have Werth.

Two catcher and a keeper league? Why no love for Montero? I would strongly consider him. :shrug:
Missed that. If Jesus is already C eligible in this league, yes, great buy. Dunno where he's already C eligible though. Saw he was in CBS so I snatched him up around round 12 yesterday. If he isn't C eligible yet I wouldn't bother though.

interestingly enough, of the players originally listed, only crawford and wright were available at our draft and they went for the exact same amount... i got crawford, but im not really sure how I feel about it. here are some of the other players that went in the same price range (i got the bolded)...sale-16montero-16holland-16wright-17crawford-17j zimmerman-17reynolds-18werth-18
I'd much rather have Werth.
hindsight is 20/20, but i agree with this. the one that really had me kicking myself though was Hart for $10. unfortunately i was nearly out of money by then. thats the beauty of auctions though, you just never know whats going to happen.ps - it was miguel montero

Users who are viewing this thread