What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cowboys-Giants to kick off 2012 (1 Viewer)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/27/cowboys-at-giants-on-nbc-to-open-2012-nfl-season/Also saw a couple twitter rumors that Peyton's Broncos will be in Prime Time Opening Weekend also.Stillers-Broncos rematch Sunday night????http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/27/cowboys-at-giants-on-nbc-to-open-2012-nfl-season/
Probably broncos-chargers to cap off the MNF double header
No offense to the Chargers and that rivalry, but the Steelers are a better national TV draw.

'JaxBill said:
'bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
'JaxBill said:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/27/cowboys-at-giants-on-nbc-to-open-2012-nfl-season/Also saw a couple twitter rumors that Peyton's Broncos will be in Prime Time Opening Weekend also.Stillers-Broncos rematch Sunday night????http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/27/cowboys-at-giants-on-nbc-to-open-2012-nfl-season/
Probably broncos-chargers to cap off the MNF double header
No offense to the Chargers and that rivalry, but the Steelers are a better national TV draw.
usually a west coast team has the late MNF game. :SHURG: Maybe san fran vs someone this year? who knows

The league wants teams playing within their division at the start and end of the season. Just like last year.

The league wants teams playing within their division at the start and end of the season. Just like last year.
I don't remember division opponents playing each other in the opener. Normally it's a team that was at least relevant the year before and the SB winner.

Maybe for our halftime entertainment we can get a little MMA cage match action going between John Mara and Jerruh Jones. A bit of bad blood between those two lately over the salary cap penalty.

I don't remember division opponents playing each other in the opener. Normally it's a team that was at least relevant the year before and the SB winner.
You are correct. It actually did not happen last year because the league feared the possibility that early season games could be missed due to the lockout.

I was guessing the Giants were going to get the Saints on that opening day tilt. Also thought it could be Giants-Niners although I do expect SF to get one of the night games during opening week and felt there was a better chance it would be Sunday or Monday.

Well the only guarantee in the NY-Dallas game is afterwards, whichever team loses, the media will grossly blow it out of proportion in the grand scheme of a 16 game season.

I was guessing the Giants were going to get the Saints on that opening day tilt. Also thought it could be Giants-Niners although I do expect SF to get one of the night games during opening week and felt there was a better chance it would be Sunday or Monday.Well the only guarantee in the NY-Dallas game is afterwards, whichever team loses, the media will grossly blow it out of proportion in the grand scheme of a 16 game season.
Ross Tucker said this morning that the league probably didn't want the Saints in the opener so that Bountygate wouldn't be a prime topic for the league's big night.

I was guessing the Giants were going to get the Saints on that opening day tilt. Also thought it could be Giants-Niners although I do expect SF to get one of the night games during opening week and felt there was a better chance it would be Sunday or Monday.Well the only guarantee in the NY-Dallas game is afterwards, whichever team loses, the media will grossly blow it out of proportion in the grand scheme of a 16 game season.
Ross Tucker said this morning that the league probably didn't want the Saints in the opener so that Bountygate wouldn't be a prime topic for the league's big night.
The Saints always bring huge ratings to primetime games. Couple that with what went down this offseason, and the league would have a ratings bonanza.

The Saints always bring huge ratings to primetime games. Couple that with what went down this offseason, and the league would have a ratings bonanza.
Probably, but I don't think the league wants to highlight Bountygate.

Probably, but I don't think the league wants to highlight Bountygate.
You can understand not wanting to highlight Bountygate, but short of cancelling the Saints 2012 season, Bountygate will be brought up every week on the tv broadcast of the Saints games.

Users who are viewing this thread