Fat Nick

Donovan McNabb says RGIII will fail

95 posts in this topic

Donovan McNabb says RGIII won't succeed in Washington.

First, apologies for posting what I think is a poorly written article. The topic is relevant though. I find this article humorous because it's just another case of Donovan trying to make something all about him without appearing to be all about him.

Donovan: Retire. Don't blame the fact that Washington's offense has sucked on the coach and try and claim that you would've somehow been the savior if they used you right...Let's face it, if you were that good, Philly wouldn't have let you go to begin with.

Donny. Donny. Donny.

Just shut up and retire.

And you wonder why no one wants this cancer on their team.

Phoniest person I've ever had the displeasure of meeting. Cameras on ....Donny's all jokes and smiles. Donny, when camera's off, is a miserable #####.

I'd probably be bitter too if Jake Plummer and Brian Griese both did better in that offense under Shanahan than I did.

Chunky DMC needs to realize he's done.

He's right.

Yeah, him and Griffin are sooooo similar. :rolleyes:

He's right.

I think he is right as well.

He's right.

Either of you care to explain? Is RGIII overrated or is it the system/personnel in Wash?

I am not sure about fail in that offense, but fail behind that line I bye.

He's right.

Either of you care to explain? Is RGIII overrated or is it the system/personnel in Wash?
Shanahan did pretty well with another mobile QB. I think his offense doesn't really get going until there is a strong running game, but if they can find that, I don't see why RGIII can't do well in that O. Remember, Cam was going to be a huge bust. Comments about him not being mature enough or being able to handle complicated offenses, etc. I'm optimistic that RGIII will do very well in terms of fantasy. 40-50 yards rushing and a handful of rushing TD's can push him from top 15 into the top 10 over less mobile QB's.

He's right.

Think about why you feel he will succeed in that offense. I disagree with you on all of those points. As for the system/personnel in Wash....I don't feel like they actually have much of a system. Every year they overpay for low tier free agents or over the hill players. You can't sign a bunch of #### and expect a Super Bowl. You build from the draft, you build with a system and players that have played in that system. Washington will never be good with Snyder involved as he is.

the difference here is RGIII is a SMART mobile QB

And you wonder why no one wants this cancer on their team.Phoniest person I've ever had the displeasure of meeting. Cameras on ....Donny's all jokes and smiles. Donny, when camera's off, is a miserable #####.

A former close teammate once said(not publicly) that he was the most insecure athlete he'd ever been around. Just about everything he's done since the TO debacle has given full credence to that statement.

A great QB can not only overcome a coach... he can get his ### fired.

Meanwhile, the coach better get rid of the QB early, or it will be too late.

Go go RG3!

Remember when everyone loved McNabb?

No.And I knew him from school, we went to Syracuse at the same time. Was a jerkwad back then too who never could get his head into the game consistently.

He's right.

Think about why you feel he will succeed in that offense. I disagree with you on all of those points.

As for the system/personnel in Wash....I don't feel like they actually have much of a system. Every year they overpay for low tier free agents or over the hill players. You can't sign a bunch of #### and expect a Super Bowl. You build from the draft, you build with a system and players that have played in that system. Washington will never be good with Snyder involved as he is.

Snyder's involvement has been minimal since he hired Shanny and Allen.

He's right.

Nothing to do with RGIII, just that if Shanahan doesn't mold the offense around his skills he could screw him up. He's not a pocket passer yet and trying to make him one from the beginning would be huge mistake. Shanahan has hardly been a QB-friendly coach but maybe he'll change it up for him. Edited by cstu

He's right.

Shanahan did pretty well with another mobile QB. I think his offense doesn't really get going until there is a strong running game, but if they can find that, I don't see why RGIII can't do well in that O. Remember, Cam was going to be a huge bust. Comments about him not being mature enough or being able to handle complicated offenses, etc. I'm optimistic that RGIII will do very well in terms of fantasy. 40-50 yards rushing and a handful of rushing TD's can push him from top 15 into the top 10 over less mobile QB's.
I assume you're talking about Elway, but by the time Shanahan coached him he had already developed as a passer.

McNabb = crybaby.

it's one thing to talk about your failure in Washington, it's another to to try and project failure onto another - it's sour grapes, so shut up and look in thee mirror for why you failed.

Edited by duaneok66

And you wonder why no one wants this cancer on their team.Phoniest person I've ever had the displeasure of meeting. Cameras on ....Donny's all jokes and smiles. Donny, when camera's off, is a miserable #####.

Really? I always though McNabb played the game when the camers were on him. Tried to toe the corporate line and say the right things, but I never got the impression he would have been a downright bad and miserable dude. I think some of the stuff that happened in Philly to him (the fans criticism and the TO mess) soured him, but is he really a jerk as a person?

the difference here is RGIII is a SMART mobile QB

Intelligence/book smarts =/= Football IQ/instincts Edited by ImTheScientist

Does this thread really have that many haters?

All this crying McNabb has done the last year will surely remove the 1% chance he had to make it in the HOF one day. Okay, I'm being generous, the .05% chance he had to make it to Canton.

He's right.

Think about why you feel he will succeed in that offense. I disagree with you on all of those points. As for the system/personnel in Wash....I don't feel like they actually have much of a system. Every year they overpay for low tier free agents or over the hill players. You can't sign a bunch of #### and expect a Super Bowl. You build from the draft, you build with a system and players that have played in that system. Washington will never be good with Snyder involved as he is.
??? Last year they traded down, amassed draft picks, kept many of those draft picks on the active roster, and signed moderately priced younger free agents like Coefield and Bowen. Folks really need to "update their schtick" on the Redskins. This is just parroting the usual criticisms from the Cerrato era but it really doesn't reflect what's happened most recently...

Donovan McNabb says RGIII won't succeed in Washington.

First, apologies for posting what I think is a poorly written article. The topic is relevant though. I find this article humorous because it's just another case of Donovan trying to make something all about him without appearing to be all about him.

Donovan: Retire. Don't blame the fact that Washington's offense has sucked on the coach and try and claim that you would've somehow been the savior if they used you right...Let's face it, if you were that good, Philly wouldn't have let you go to begin with.

WOW JUST WOW

This portion was pure gold,

The only thing missing from this segment was video of McNabb sharpening his axe. He's taking a Bunyanesque swing at his old coach but, judging by his recent play, he probably came up short and barely hit Shanahan's feet.

:lmao: :lmao:

I'm of the opinion that if RG3 succeeds it wont be because of Shanahan and that if RG3 fails it won't be because of Shanahan.

He's right.

I assume you're talking about Elway, but by the time Shanahan coached him he had already developed as a passer.
Steve Young was pretty mobile too.

I'd probably be bitter too if Jake Plummer and Brian Griese both did better in that offense under Shanahan than I did.

:goodposting:

He could be right. But it doesn't diminish the fact that Donovan has turned it to a huge ##### nozzle.

Does this thread really have that many haters?

nope. The first "he's right" comment was just :fishing: then a follow up post took the bait, and is on his own island. :hophead::shark: