What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Drop all Eagles in your rankings (1 Viewer)

ImTheScientist

Footballguy
Per rotoworld

Eagles LT Jason Peters will undergo surgery April 2 for a ruptured Achilles suffered in a recent workout.Facing 9-12 months of rehab, Peters is certain to start the season on the PUP list -- if not miss the entirety of 2012. Graded as the best left tackle in football last season by Pro Football Focus as well as respected analysts, Peters is perhaps the team's most valuable player outside of Michael Vick. His loss puts a dent in the fantasy prospects of both Vick and LeSean McCoy. Backup King Dunlap represents a weak link an offensive line that figured to show continued improvement.
and eagles fans can kiss their playoff hopes next season good-bye!

Per rotoworld

Eagles LT Jason Peters will undergo surgery April 2 for a ruptured Achilles suffered in a recent workout.

Facing 9-12 months of rehab, Peters is certain to start the season on the PUP list -- if not miss the entirety of 2012. Graded as the best left tackle in football last season by Pro Football Focus as well as respected analysts, Peters is perhaps the team's most valuable player outside of Michael Vick. His loss puts a dent in the fantasy prospects of both Vick and LeSean McCoy. Backup King Dunlap represents a weak link an offensive line that figured to show continued improvement.
and eagles fans can kiss their playoff hopes next season good-bye!
What? No faith in King Dunlap?? But his first name is KING!!!!

'Couch Potato said:
'couchpotatoe said:
good thing vick is a lefty then, so he can see it coming
LOL at the new CP.This is really awful news though, seriously. Peters was a big part of moving that offense. This will hurt them a lot.
The Eagles were third in the NFL averaging 5.1 yards per rush, so there's a long way down for them to go - I don't think that this loss is as devastating as it would have been during regular season (when Free Agency is long past and there are only 'street' guys or undrafted rookies around to pick up), but there is no doubt that losing Peters could move the Eagles back down closer to the "typical" NFL range of 4.1 to 4.2 yards per rush on average - say perhaps 4.5 or 4.4 per tote, which would still be top ten but not "elite". I think it'll especially hurt in the red-zone where the field gets compressed and there isn't as much opportunity for Vick and McCoy to burst into spaces...also Vick will have more pass pressure now unless the Eagles get a really top-shelf replacement for Peters...

'Couch Potato said:
'couchpotatoe said:
LOL at the new CP.This is really awful news though, seriously. Peters was a big part of moving that offense. This will hurt them a lot.
The Eagles were third in the NFL averaging 5.1 yards per rush, so there's a long way down for them to go - I don't think that this loss is as devastating as it would have been during regular season (when Free Agency is long past and there are only 'street' guys or undrafted rookies around to pick up), but there is no doubt that losing Peters could move the Eagles back down closer to the "typical" NFL range of 4.1 to 4.2 yards per rush on average - say perhaps 4.5 or 4.4 per tote, which would still be top ten but not "elite". I think it'll especially hurt in the red-zone where the field gets compressed and there isn't as much opportunity for Vick and McCoy to burst into spaces...also Vick will have more pass pressure now unless the Eagles get a really top-shelf replacement for Peters...
The Eagles were 5th in rushing the past two seasons with Jason Peters and 22nd in rushing the two previous years. One of those years Peters was there but didn't play all games. I guess it is debatable but I think this is more impactful than what many may think.

Last edited by a moderator:
'Couch Potato said:
'couchpotatoe said:
The Eagles were 5th in rushing the past two seasons with Jason Peters and 22nd in rushing the two previous years. One of those years Peters was there but didn't play all games. I guess it is debatable but I think this is more impactful than what many may think.
What was the impact of a mobile Mike Vick on those rushing numbers? He's been the starter the last 2 seasons. Before that it was McNabb who didn't want to run.

What was the impact of a mobile Mike Vick on those rushing numbers? He's been the starter the last 2 seasons. Before that it was McNabb who didn't want to run.
In terms of YPC, they were #3 in 2011, #1 in 2010 (Vicks first year), #11 in 2009 (Peters' first year), and #21 in 2008 (prior to Peters or Vick).As for McCoy himself, he was 4.8 YPC in 2011, 5.2 YPC in 2010, 4.1 YPC in 2009, and prior to that it was Westy with his 4.0 YPC in 2008.

'Couch Potato said:
'couchpotatoe said:
Vick?

It could be worse. They have plenty of time left to fill the hole, with free agency, trades (Asante) and the draft all still possibilities.

I don't think it's anything to get worked up about, or to downgrade their players.

I agree with Doc that the success of their rushing attack the last two years has more to do with Vick's threat on the ground than with Peters. Sure he's good, but he's 31 and they would need to think about a replacement soon anyways. May as well start working on it now.

It could be worse. They have plenty of time left to fill the hole, with free agency, trades (Asante) and the draft all still possibilities.

I don't think it's anything to get worked up about, or to downgrade their players.

I agree with Doc that the success of their rushing attack the last two years has more to do with Vick's threat on the ground than with Peters. Sure he's good, but he's 31 and they would need to think about a replacement soon anyways. May as well start working on it now.
:kicksrock:

This hurts alot. Peters helped elevate LG Mathis's play. Majority of their yards on the ground came out the left side too.

:kicksrock:
I agree with you too :)

'Couch Potato said:
'couchpotatoe said:
lol at this awkward meeting of couch potatoes ...and at the quote

This hurts, for sure. Peters is one of the best in the biz.

But if we sign Bell and prioritize OT in the draft, we should be OK.

Anyone know what the deal with Marcus McNeill is? Any word on his neck? I assume if he was healthy he woudl be getting much more attention.

Anyone know what the deal with Marcus McNeill is? Any word on his neck? I assume if he was healthy he woudl be getting much more attention.
The guy's neck is jacked. IIRC he was nearly paralyzed in a game this year. OL poor SD released him and OL poor DET said no thanks.

I think a lot of people are down playing what Peters means to this team in a big way. I know Vick is a lefty but unlike some Qb's Vick hold the ball way way to long and moves all over behind the line so blindspot or not without a stud LT he will get killed. Also if yu watch the Eagles you will see most of McCoy's big runs come with Peters or Kelce leading the way. Now the one good thing is I have a ton of faith that that Howard Mudd will make whoever plays LT look a lot better.

So they signed Bell to a 5 yr deal today per Rotoworld. From a fantasy production standpoint are we feeling better about the o-line now? Buffalo's line seemed to be pretty decent last year with Bell a part of it.

It won't be as good, but Bell will do fine. It might temper the projections for McCoy somewhat as part of his success was due to Peters, but I think the overall FFP's for the Eagles will still remain fairly steady.

But since it's a 5 year deal, what does that say about Peter's being an Eagle long term? He's due $10.4M next year I believe.

But since it's a 5 year deal, what does that say about Peter's being an Eagle long term? He's due $10.4M next year I believe.
From what I'm reading, it's supposedly a pretty front-loaded deal with not much money guaranteed beyond 2012, so doesn't look like they're trying to make a long-term committment to him. Even if everything was going perfectly, McCoy would still have a helluva job repeating a 20 TD, top 2 fantasy finish. Just hoping this doesn't drag him down too much. I would suspect Vick is the one in a lot more trouble unless they jell quickly. Thank god for football in general and fantasy in particular that this is going to be a normal season with OTA's and training camp and plenty of lead time to get organized.

The deal appears to be a one-year deal with a team option to make it a longer-term deal if Bell's "tryout" this year goes well.

Signing him, particularly if we aren't committed beyond this year, is a much better move than doing nothing. Is he Jason Peters? Certainly not, few are. But is he better than King Dunlap? OF COURSE.

The deal appears to be a one-year deal with a team option to make it a longer-term deal if Bell's "tryout" this year goes well. Signing him, particularly if we aren't committed beyond this year, is a much better move than doing nothing. Is he Jason Peters? Certainly not, few are. But is he better than King Dunlap? OF COURSE.
Two things I love about this post:1) The use of "we" when referring to the team. What position do you play again? ;) Just kidding - we all do that - it's just funnier (to me) when staff does it2) Any post that has "King Dunlap" thrown in is :moneybag:

Users who are viewing this thread