Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

squistion

Did Santorum almost use the "N" word?

163 posts in this topic

[Reading from index cards] I hate the homeless-- [switches card] --ness problem that plagues this city.

[Reading from index cards] I hate the homeless-- [switches card] --ness problem that plagues this city.

:lol:

I'd think he was heading towards, "anti-war, government negative..." before I'd have thought he was cutting off a racial slur.

Maybe he stopped there because Obama is only half black???

He went up 10 points in polls conducted in Mississippi and Alabama after this video was released.

:lmao:
ool

Nigerian born... then he stopped because he meant to say Kenyan.

If the word before it was house or field I would say he was toast but government?

Oof.

:lmao:

funny

not funnySee how this works?

Imsure he was trying to say nagger.....as in Obamas policies nag the hardworking American.

Don't google "words that start with nig".

I thought of doing that, then thought: Well, I am at work...

I did it and came up with Nazi. That seems to make more sense since he's already done it.

And if Santorum intended another word that began with "nig" or even a word that just began with "N", then why didn't he say that word after his original stumble.

That's a good question.I agree with B-Deep that it seems inherently unlikely that Santorum would even come close to saying the n-word in that context.On the other hand, coming up with an alternative explanation is quite a challenge.
I wasn't even going to bother opening the thread it seemed so improbable. But after watching the video I am left without a viable alternative that holds any water. I suppose "negotiator" makes some sense except for the sudden halt and flubbery recovery (as many others have said).I am kind of shocked, actually. I'm no Santorum fan but this is bizarre.

I have watched the video several times and it sure seems like he almost went there. Also the phrase government ###### would fit in perfect with his little rant there. Maybe he meant blah people again.

Come on NCC.You really have become a crusty curmudgeon. :thumbdown:

I have watched the video several times and it sure seems like he almost went there. Also the phrase government ###### would fit in perfect with his little rant there. Maybe he meant blah people again.

Pack, let's be honest. ###### has slipped off his tongue a few times through the years; this time it was during a speach. These things happen.

i would rather have my dog's butt be president than santorum, but in no way do i think he accidentally almost droppped an nbomb on obama

:goodposting:

"Gabby do you see him?"Yes, the sheriff is a nig(Bell ringing)""Oh, the sheriff is a near"

:lmao:great scene

Pack, let's be honest. ###### has slipped off his tongue a few times through the years; this time it was during a speach. These things happen.
I agree it's possible. Maybe I have too much faith in people.I want to have faith in people, faith that people can discuss things rather than bust out insults, and one of the most vile insults that there is.It really bums me out that it seems we've lost NCC to the dark side of that too. He used to be a guy who had faith in ALL people and respect for all people regardless of political affiliation.Seems that's not the case nowadays.

it certainly seems like he was 90% there and somehow pulled out. Crazy

Two rules I always follow: never trust a pull out and never trust spermicide.

Trying to avoid a Santorum.

So he just said "nig" and cut himself off and changed directions altogether?

Pretty much.

...... ##### ?..... was he gonna say ##### ... but thought better about it.

I mean it is ok to call someone "my #####" right? I mean if you are a #####, right?

Oh nevermind, Santorum is the whitest guy in politics so a well placed "#####" would not be OK in any case coming out of his racist mouth!

EDIT: Oh my! the "#####s' in my post were censored so let me say the word I wanted to use looked like "niqqa"

best bad cutoff since Aretha sang "My Country 'Tis of Thee" at the inauguration.

What is overlooked in all this brouhaha about what he meant to say by nig is that he criticized Obama for being "anti-war" as if that is a bad thing. So, I guess that Santorum must be pro-war?

What is overlooked in all this brouhaha about what he meant to say by nig is that he criticized Obama for being "anti-war" as if that is a bad thing. So, I guess that Santorum must be pro-war?

To his audience, it is.

To his audience, it is.
Santorum believes that America's wars in the middle east are in fact religious wars Christianity vs Muslims.

Pretty sure he was going to say the n-word before he cut himself off. Shouldnt be surprising since Ive heard James, the ###### hatin' dolphin is in his advising team.

Man the GOP continues to be a complete mess. Every candidate they trot out becomes a buffoon belong long.

Honestly...I'd love for someone to convince me they didn't throw the last election with the selection of that nutjob up in Alaska and now continuing to parade one idiotic candidate after another before they fall victim to their own idiocy.

Let's just get Ron Paul in office and roll the damn dice already.

funny

not funnySee how this works?
no

I laughed.

sometimes people combine 2 words into a word, perhaps he was thinking a couple of thoughts ahead and started blendingto me that is much more likely than the n-bombyou people are making me defend santorum, do you know how dirty that makes me feel?

Occams razor tell us the simplest explanation is usually correct.
I'm sure this has been handled, but no it doesn't.

What did he say after "nig" though? I cant watch the vid.

It is tough to hear exactly but something about Obama being well-spoken and that while he disagrees with his politics he respects the fact that he takes care of his kids.

Whatever he was about to say, he sure looked like he knew he was going to step in it. His reaction was one of "holy #### I'd better not say that."