What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Late round guys to target (1 Viewer)

Not in order:

Henderson Alvarez

James McDonald

Cody Ross

Jeff Niemann

Edward Encarnacion

Philip Humber

Chris Davis

Chris Sale

Juan Nicasio

Chris Capuano

Lucas Duda

Josh Reddick

Seth Smith

Alex Presley

Andrew Cashner

Hector Noesi

Luke Scott

some end game guys from our draft who i liked...

encarnacion - 3b eligible dh in a powerhouse lineup that can go 30. whats not to like?

fowler - sleepy sleeper mcsleepison

hammer - the rodney dangerfield of fantasy baseball

felipe paulino - hes hurt, but that paul guy really likes him

scutaro - cheap mi that will help your team

moreland - if he could somehow find his way up in the batting order

pete alvarez - cant miss prospect who's value is at rock bottom

Big fan of these pitchers:

Nicasio

Hochevar

Alvarez

Duffy

Sale

Capuano

Big fan of these hitters:

Duda

Encarnacion

Kipnis

DanMurphy

Gamel

Fowler

De Aza

Cain

Last edited by a moderator:
I try my best to go to the end game needing OF's and SP's, if I have a need elsewhere I'll look at these guys

End game MI (if needed) - Altuve

End game CI (if needed) - Figgins

End game C (if needed) - Doumit

OF's - Bourjos, Boesch, Cain, Fowler, Brantley, Venable, Reimold, Presley, Joyce, Thames, Viciedo, De Aza

SP's - Sale, Minor, Floyd, Danks, Stauffer, Nicasio, Alvarez, Milone, Harrison, Volquez, Samardzjia, Baker

Chris Sale is not an end-game pitcher. In our auction yesterday, he went around the same price range as jordan zimmerman, max scherzer, jaime garcia, derek holland. Just below this level were guys like danks, cahill, hughes, etc.

in the end game, i took ted lilly (safe), homer bailey (post-hype sleeper), and felipe paulino (sleeper from the pitching tiers guy).

Chris Sale is not an end-game pitcher. In our auction yesterday, he went around the same price range as jordan zimmerman, max scherzer, jaime garcia, derek holland. Just below this level were guys like danks, cahill, hughes, etc. in the end game, i took ted lilly (safe), homer bailey (post-hype sleeper), and felipe paulino (sleeper from the pitching tiers guy).
That didn't happen because Chris Sale isn't an end-game pitcher. It happened because somebody in your league overpaid tragically. Sale is only borderline ownable in a 12 team league.

Chris Sale is not an end-game pitcher. In our auction yesterday, he went around the same price range as jordan zimmerman, max scherzer, jaime garcia, derek holland. Just below this level were guys like danks, cahill, hughes, etc. in the end game, i took ted lilly (safe), homer bailey (post-hype sleeper), and felipe paulino (sleeper from the pitching tiers guy).
That didn't happen because Chris Sale isn't an end-game pitcher. It happened because somebody in your league overpaid tragically. Sale is only borderline ownable in a 12 team league.
I think it's somewhere in between. He should not be anywhere near the price range of Max and Zimmermann, that's just a mistake. I probably think that because I think both of those guys are very under valued and have them across several leagues. Garcia and Holland? I'm with that, league format depends which of those 3 I prefer. He usually goes after them though, which is when I target him and why I usually miss Garcia and Holland. I've left all of my drafts with Sale or Minor as my #5 and finally had one yesterday in which I got both as my #5 and #6.

It happened because somebody in your league overpaid tragically. Sale is only borderline ownable in a 12 team league.
agree with the former, disagree with the latter. his price was inflated because it was towards the end of the draft and a couple guys still had money and had him pegged as a sleeper. you could make the argument that talent-wise, he is borderline ownable in a 12 teamer, but he's been so hyped as a sleeper this off-season, that i highly doubt there are many 12 team leagues where he isnt rostered.

some end game guys from our draft who i liked...encarnacion - 3b eligible dh in a powerhouse lineup that can go 30. whats not to like?fowler - sleepy sleeper mcsleepisonhammer - the rodney dangerfield of fantasy baseballfelipe paulino - hes hurt, but that paul guy really likes himscutaro - cheap mi that will help your teammoreland - if he could somehow find his way up in the batting orderpete alvarez - cant miss prospect who's value is at rock bottom
:excited:

Big fan of these pitchers:Nicasio- decent, nothing specialHochevar- awfulAlvarez- very goodDuffy- missSale- stud when not being yo-yo'dCapuano- been awesomeBig fan of these hitters:Duda- mehEncarnacion- studKipnis- studDanMurphy- decent benchGamel- got hurt, was okFowler- mehDe Aza- awesomeCain- got hurt
Not bad

Sale is only borderline ownable in a 12 team league.
update?

Sale is only borderline ownable in a 12 team league.
update?
Sorry...just had to bump this one more time.

Users who are viewing this thread