Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

STEADYMOBBIN 22

What video game have you beaten the most?

94 posts in this topic

This morning I woke up at 5 AM. Made breakfast, took the girls to soccer, went to a trade show, then I did what any normal married guy in a house with no wife or kids would do. Well, after that. I beat Metroid for what must have been the 80th time or more in my life.

I've been beating that game for more of my life then I haven't. The good news is that it only takes me a little over an hour to kill Mother Brain. The bad news is I still do this two to three times a year.

Mega Man 2 probably.

double dragon

Does anybody on XBOX live have this?I need one achievement for beating it in co op and losing to my brother in the end.

highest # of times? probably adventure on the 2600.

discounting short games from antiquated game systems? The first Halo on xbox. Has to be about 25x.

Classic: Super NintendoArcade: Double DragonModern: Dead Space

I don't think Super Nintendo is a game.

Original SMB

Original Zelda

Original SMB

The sequel SMB, G was better imo

Classic: Super NintendoArcade: Double DragonModern: Dead Space

I don't think Super Nintendo is a game.
Super Billy is an idiot apparently. How bout we try Super Mario Bros.

Original SMB

Original Zelda

Hold the phone, YOU beat The Legend of Zelda, MULTIPLE times? This included the second quest?

;)

I've never beaten the 2nd quest on Zelda. Beaten the first quest tons of times, including recently. SMB, Zelda 1, DW3 and Mega Man 2 are probably my most beaten games.

I've never beaten the 2nd quest on Zelda. Beaten the first quest tons of times, including recently. SMB, Zelda 1, DW3 and Mega Man 2 are probably my most beaten games.

I only like the second quest now, only because I don't know it like the back of my hand and refuse to use a map to find the dungeons. Pretty cool that there are others out there that still play these older titles.

Only gaming I did was older titles. Still got a working Nintendo, and I guess the most often played and beaten was the original Final Fantasy.

Used to play until all characters were maxed out.

This morning I woke up at 5 AM. Made breakfast, took the girls to soccer, went to a trade show, then I did what any normal married guy in a house with no wife or kids would do. Well, after that. I beat Metroid for what must have been the 80th time or more in my life. I've been beating that game for more of my life then I haven't. The good news is that it only takes me a little over an hour to kill Mother Brain. The bad news is I still do this two to three times a year.

The original Super Mario Bros for me, but Metroid comes in 2nd. I don't know if I've got it down to an hour to finish Metroid yet (I still love seeing if, even after all this time, I can find a new area or glitch). It's weird to remember making my own handmade maps of Metroid and Zelda back before the first Nintendo Power came out and had a really nice map for Metroid.

Super Tecmo Bowl

Contra or Mike Tysons Punch Out both on NES.

Don't you chuckle when you hear people say Contra was a hard game? That's one that is up there for play throughs.

This morning I woke up at 5 AM. Made breakfast, took the girls to soccer, went to a trade show, then I did what any normal married guy in a house with no wife or kids would do. Well, after that. I beat Metroid for what must have been the 80th time or more in my life.

I've been beating that game for more of my life then I haven't. The good news is that it only takes me a little over an hour to kill Mother Brain. The bad news is I still do this two to three times a year.

The original Super Mario Bros for me, but Metroid comes in 2nd. I don't know if I've got it down to an hour to finish Metroid yet (I still love seeing if, even after all this time, I can find a new area or glitch). It's weird to remember making my own handmade maps of Metroid and Zelda back before the first Nintendo Power came out and had a really nice map for Metroid.
This was awesome. They also did one for Zelda with all the secrets/hidden caves, etc.

ETA from Nintendo Power:

Metroid map

Legend of Zelda map

I've never played Metroid for more than 5 mins.

Super Tecmo Bowl

Simply inexcusable.
Because?

Super Tecmo Bowl

Simply inexcusable.
Because?
Tecmo Super Bowl.

Super Tecmo Bowl

Simply inexcusable.
Because?
Tecmo Super Bowl.
Okay

:sadbanana:
I beat Kid Icarus and Super Metroid though. Just once.

For a while I was trying to have a 19-0 season with every NFL team on Tecmo Super Bowl. Gets tricky because the game keeps cranking up the difficulty when you never lose.

I got about half of them done I think. So that's 14 times I won the Super Bowl, plus who knows how many more before that.

Contra or Mike Tysons Punch Out both on NES.

Don't you chuckle when you hear people say Contra was a hard game? That's one that is up there for play throughs.
:yes: Contra may be one of the easiest actually.

Oh... add in Mortal Kombat too... I must have went through it 100's of times fine tuning my combos and such.

:sadbanana:

I beat Kid Icarus and Super Metroid though. Just once.

Now we're cookin with fire!

The trio of Zelda, Metroid and Kid Icarus hold a special place in my heart. They take me back to my hometown, at one of my very best buddies house. We all practically grew up there. It's 1986 and we're chompin on Snyder's hard pretzels and Giant brand french onion dip with a fridge filled with coke. We lucked out and got a bucket on our first treasure room. We were literally using pen and paper to map our way in the dungeons. Always taking turns when we die. We beat tons of games like that over the years. That was the golden age of gaming imo.

Dusty Diamond's All-Star Softball

I've beaten the Amazons dozens of times. Dusty Diamond's is perhaps the most under rated game of all time.