Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carver

Jamie Moyer

26 posts in this topic

I can only imagine how sore he is the next day after a game.

It's a great ongoing story!

Jesus Christ I'm only 38 and each time I wipe my ### I'm in danger of pulling a muscle.

How old I am? I remember getting a card signed when he was with the Iowa Cubs.

Every year he looks more and more like Eddie Harris from "Major League".

As long as he and Vizquel are around, there will be an MLBer older than me. Go, Digger's son-in-law!

He needs to keep playing to feed all of those children.

Still needs to go one more year to tie Julio Franco at age 49, and even then Franco is more impressive as a position player / DH.

Still needs to go one more year to tie Julio Franco at age 49, and even then Franco is more impressive as a position player / DH.

Moyer is already older than Franco was.

Jesus Christ I'm only 38 and each time I wipe my ### I'm in danger of pulling a muscle.

:goodposting: 38 here also and within the last year I pulled a muscle mowing my lawn and strained a ligament while dancing (and I'm white, so you know the dancing wasn't anything fancy).

:lmao: Moyer was the 4th or 5th starter on the 1989 Texas Rangers team that featured a rotation of Nolan Ryan, Charlie Hough, Kevin Brown and Bobby Witt. Texas was looking like a playoff team for much of the first half of the season and then...they traded away Sammy Sosa for a bag of fleas and the team fell apart. :kicksrock:Can't believe Moyer is going to be starting this year. Should be the biggest story of the summer by far, but it's not.

Moyer is already older than Franco was.
I think one has to call into question the true age of Franco. He looked over the hill on that 1989 Rangers team that Moyer was on. His true age probably had him swinging a stick at 50+.

I so hope he makes it to 300 wins. Talk about a compiler. What would the Hall do?

I so hope he makes it to 300 wins. Talk about a compiler. What would the Hall do?

He's already a first ballot Hall Of Famer.

He's already a first ballot Hall Of Famer.
I think your thinking of Randy Johnson. This guy is Jamie Moyer.

He was on my first fantasy baseball team back in 1989. :mellow: Damn, I'm old, too.

Once he retires hire him as a greeter?

no way he makes 300 wins

Nice night for Jamie, 7 innings, 0 ERA and the win. :thumbup:

He beat the Padres. It shouldn't count.

GB Jamie Moyer