Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3nOut

Bold Predictions for 2012 NFL Draft

176 posts in this topic

Following a theme we use for each Fantasy Football season, i thought we should start a thread on bold predictions for the upcoming NFL draft. Most of these won't come true since they are bold predictions, but its kind of fun to see the possibilities. I'll start.

There's a lot of talk about Cleveland's choices at the #4 pick. Many say they will take either Trent Richardson or, more recently, Ryan Tannehill. I think they instead go with Justin Blackmon at #4 (thats not the bold part) then do somewhat of a reach at #22 and take Brandon Weeden at QB. Luck, Griffin, and Tannehil will all be off the board by then and Cleveland needs a QB (even though the Browns are saying thay are sticking with Colt McCoyA). Weeden is ranked as the #4 QB coming out, is older and more mature, and already has a chemistry with Blackmon. Might work out nicely and pay quick dividends.

What are your bold predictions?

Following a theme we use for each Fantasy Football season, i thought we should start a thread on bold predictions for the upcoming NFL draft. Most of these won't come true since they are bold predictions, but its kind of fun to see the possibilities. I'll start.

There's a lot of talk about Cleveland's choices at the #4 pick. Many say they will take either Trent Richardson or, more recently, Ryan Tannehill. I think they instead go with Justin Blackmon at #4 (thats not the bold part) then do somewhat of a reach at #22 and take Brandon Weeden at QB. Luck, Griffin, and Tannehil will all be off the board by then and Cleveland needs a QB (even though the Browns are saying thay are sticking with Colt McCoyA). Weeden is ranked as the #4 QB coming out, is older and more mature, and already has a chemistry with Blackmon. Might work out nicely and pay quick dividends.

Thats bold. My bold prediction is the colts will select Andrew Luck.

My bold (and probably unrealistic) prediction is that you'll stop being a sarcastic dick.

Nah, not going to happen...

My bold (and probably unrealistic) prediction is that you'll stop being a sarcastic dick.

:lmao:

Nothing like fighting fire with fire.

Nothing like fighting fire with fire.Glad you agree :hifive:

Packers draft a RB early. (not so much as bold but more out of character)

That's a bold prediction. I, and every packer prognosticator I have read, would be stunned if the Packers did that.

Since we are being bold...

Bears trade up for a WR - either Hill, Floyd or Blackmon

As in, trade up to the Rams slot, btw...

Eagles trade up into the top 10 to select a tackle.

Eagles trade up into the top 10 to select a tackle Tannehill.

The ESPN and NFLN analysts actually criticize Belichick when he trades down 22 times.

Giants draft a RB in the 1st or 2nd round.

I think it's likely they take RB in the first 3 or 4, but I'd be mildly shocked if it was the 1st round.

STL drafts a Lineman (D or O) with their first pick instead of Blackmon

The ESPN and NFLN analysts actually criticize Belichick when he trades down 22 times.

OK, now that is too bold. I dont even think that is allowed on TV. Im pretty sure there will be a delay just in case someone dares to insult Belichick they can quick bleep it out.

Lions end up with Kalil.

That would be great!......just do not see it happening. I think they still have too many holes to get rid of picks....maybe they could move up by trading Avril....

Bold Prediction: The Giants don't draft any RB. Scott will be the starter if Bradshaw isn't healthy.

Bold Prediction: 4 QBs will be taken in the first round, Eagles trade up to #3 and don't take a QB, Seahawks trade out of number 12 and back into the mid 20's.

Eagles trade up into the top 10 to select a tackle Tannehill.

I doubt they trade up but according to PFT, Eagles do have a pre-draft visit planned with Tannehill.

Courtney Upshaw will slide to the 2nd round.

He's a 4-3 end but isn't elite and once you get to pick 24 it's almost all 3-4 defenses.

I'll take this one further. They go this route because they work out a trade with Pittsburgh for WR Mike Wallace (who Pittsburgh can't afford to keep).

I'll take this one further. They go this route because they work out a trade with Pittsburgh for WR Mike Wallace (who Pittsburgh can't afford to keep).
I was working on my last mock draft and I was thinking Reiff to the Rams, and then I came upon this nugget...A Jeff Fisher-coached team has never selected an offensive tackle in the first round.Maybe it's because they never needed to? Or is it just his M.O.? :shrug:

Alshon Jefferey will have the best rookie year of any WR in this class.

The Patriots actually select players with their 2 1st round picks.

No shtick.

Nothing like fighting fire with fire.
Glad you agree :hifive::unsure:

I think it's likely they take RB in the first 3 or 4, but I'd be mildly shocked if it was the 1st round.
I actually like that one. end of first round, which is essentially round 2, take Martin or wilson or Miller. Probably makes sense. the better BOLD prediction for the G-Men might be that they will NOT draft a D-lineman.

Courtney Upshaw will slide to the 2nd round.He's a 4-3 end but isn't elite and once you get to pick 24 it's almost all 3-4 defenses.

thats boldI can't see him getting past the Packers in R1

Bold, yet if the Patsies do take him he will be set to accomplish that.

The Rams will end up picking 3 times in the 1st round but 0 times in the top 10

Targets Michael Floyd or Kendall Wright, Gilmore or Kirkpatrick and Martin or Decastro

Rams draft nobody on day 1 but do net asante samuel and mike wallace via 2 trades.

Packers draft a RB early. (not so much as bold but more out of character)

I'll see your prediction and raise you a "Packers trade up in the draft to select one of the top-2 OLBs they desperately need." That's at least got precedent, but would be bold for Thompson anyway.

Jerry Jones tries to get cute and screws it up. :wall:

Come now, that's not bold. That's pretty much every year. :rant:

I actually like that one. end of first round, which is essentially round 2, take Martin or wilson or Miller. Probably makes sense. the better BOLD prediction for the G-Men might be that they will NOT draft a D-lineman.
:lol:

What's one more to the rotation?

Come now, that's not bold. That's pretty much every year. :rant:
True, but last year he stayed put and got a great tackle in Smith. I get nervous watching him get on draft day hoping he stays put

Please, no!

Please, no!
Yeah cause they have such a great success rate drafting WRs.