What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bold Predictions for 2012 NFL Draft (1 Viewer)

3nOut

Footballguy
Following a theme we use for each Fantasy Football season, i thought we should start a thread on bold predictions for the upcoming NFL draft. Most of these won't come true since they are bold predictions, but its kind of fun to see the possibilities. I'll start.

There's a lot of talk about Cleveland's choices at the #4 pick. Many say they will take either Trent Richardson or, more recently, Ryan Tannehill. I think they instead go with Justin Blackmon at #4 (thats not the bold part) then do somewhat of a reach at #22 and take Brandon Weeden at QB. Luck, Griffin, and Tannehil will all be off the board by then and Cleveland needs a QB (even though the Browns are saying thay are sticking with Colt McCoyA). Weeden is ranked as the #4 QB coming out, is older and more mature, and already has a chemistry with Blackmon. Might work out nicely and pay quick dividends.

What are your bold predictions?

Following a theme we use for each Fantasy Football season, i thought we should start a thread on bold predictions for the upcoming NFL draft. Most of these won't come true since they are bold predictions, but its kind of fun to see the possibilities. I'll start.

There's a lot of talk about Cleveland's choices at the #4 pick. Many say they will take either Trent Richardson or, more recently, Ryan Tannehill. I think they instead go with Justin Blackmon at #4 (thats not the bold part) then do somewhat of a reach at #22 and take Brandon Weeden at QB. Luck, Griffin, and Tannehil will all be off the board by then and Cleveland needs a QB (even though the Browns are saying thay are sticking with Colt McCoyA). Weeden is ranked as the #4 QB coming out, is older and more mature, and already has a chemistry with Blackmon. Might work out nicely and pay quick dividends.

Thats bold. My bold prediction is the colts will select Andrew Luck.

My bold (and probably unrealistic) prediction is that you'll stop being a sarcastic ****.

Nah, not going to happen...

My bold (and probably unrealistic) prediction is that you'll stop being a sarcastic ****.

:lmao:

Nothing like fighting fire with fire.

Nothing like fighting fire with fire.Glad you agree :hifive:

Since we are being bold...

Bears trade up for a WR - either Hill, Floyd or Blackmon

As in, trade up to the Rams slot, btw...

Last edited by a moderator:
Bold Prediction: The Giants don't draft any RB. Scott will be the starter if Bradshaw isn't healthy.

Bold Prediction: 4 QBs will be taken in the first round, Eagles trade up to #3 and don't take a QB, Seahawks trade out of number 12 and back into the mid 20's.

Courtney Upshaw will slide to the 2nd round.

He's a 4-3 end but isn't elite and once you get to pick 24 it's almost all 3-4 defenses.

STL drafts a Lineman (D or O) with their first pick instead of Blackmon
I'll take this one further. They go this route because they work out a trade with Pittsburgh for WR Mike Wallace (who Pittsburgh can't afford to keep).

STL drafts a Lineman (D or O) with their first pick instead of Blackmon
I'll take this one further. They go this route because they work out a trade with Pittsburgh for WR Mike Wallace (who Pittsburgh can't afford to keep).
I was working on my last mock draft and I was thinking Reiff to the Rams, and then I came upon this nugget...A Jeff Fisher-coached team has never selected an offensive tackle in the first round.Maybe it's because they never needed to? Or is it just his M.O.? :shrug:

Nothing like fighting fire with fire.
Glad you agree :hifive: :unsure:

The Rams will end up picking 3 times in the 1st round but 0 times in the top 10

Targets Michael Floyd or Kendall Wright, Gilmore or Kirkpatrick and Martin or Decastro

Packers draft a RB early. (not so much as bold but more out of character)
I'll see your prediction and raise you a "Packers trade up in the draft to select one of the top-2 OLBs they desperately need." That's at least got precedent, but would be bold for Thompson anyway.

'Shutout said:
Giants draft a RB in the 1st or 2nd round.
I think it's likely they take RB in the first 3 or 4, but I'd be mildly shocked if it was the 1st round.
I actually like that one. end of first round, which is essentially round 2, take Martin or wilson or Miller. Probably makes sense. the better BOLD prediction for the G-Men might be that they will NOT draft a D-lineman.
:lol: What's one more to the rotation?

i am just worried that goodell will say that some team took a player instead of selected a player and a couple of guys around here will go on a rampage and flip over cars due to his poor vernacular and use of prose

Whether they have to trade up a bit, fearing someone may grab him before their original 1st round pick(30), the 49ers do what they need to and draft TE Coby Fleener to use him and Vernon Davis much like Gronk & Hernandez in N.E. Yes I know they just picked up Moss, Manningham and have Crabtree but I think a 2 TE set of Fleener & Davis would work pretty good for them.

Users who are viewing this thread