What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official FFA Lotto Club *** (2 Viewers)

Here's another sticking point... say the slush fund is at $50, and it's now the beginning of a new subscription period. Do new members get to share in that $50 when tickets for large drawings are purchased with it? The easy answer is yes... trying to allocate the slush funds only to members who were "in" when it was funded would be a nightmare. Is everyone OK with letting new members share in it? Should new members be required to add to the slush fund upon entry to make it more fair? Say 10%? So if the slush fund is $50, new members would have to kick in an extra $5 to the slush?
Yes, new members should have to pay extra into the slush fund. Think of it as an initial new member fee. ;)
Added to the rules:New club members will be required to pay the 5 week payment, their escrow, plus an amount equal to 10% of the current slush fund.

Clarification:

$10 Membership is for a 5 week multi-draw, EasyPick in the MegaMillions. ONE purchase will be made at the beginning of each 5 week period (the same numbers will be used for each of the 10 drawings)

Since this is basically an anonymous message board, what's to stop the person being paid from skipping with the proceeds from a big win? I barely trust the guy running our office pool.

Not trying to start anything, I would really like to know.
I don't blame you... I have the same reservations. I think most of us trust most of the rest of us in here (at least those we are familiar with). We could certainly make things more 'formal' (if that's what the consensus is) by collecting addresses, or even drawing up a written agreement. Whoever runs things should have a backup who lives close. If I did it, I know ShaqAttack lives near me... we could possibly work out something. That may make everyone more comfortable.
:ph34r:

Since this is basically an anonymous message board, what's to stop the person being paid from skipping with the proceeds from a big win? I barely trust the guy running our office pool.

Not trying to start anything, I would really like to know.
I don't blame you... I have the same reservations. I think most of us trust most of the rest of us in here (at least those we are familiar with). We could certainly make things more 'formal' (if that's what the consensus is) by collecting addresses, or even drawing up a written agreement. Whoever runs things should have a backup who lives close. If I did it, I know ShaqAttack lives near me... we could possibly work out something. That may make everyone more comfortable.
:ph34r:
Are you volunteering? :D

12 confirmed so far. I'd like to see it at 20-30 if possible. I'm ready to test payment options... if you want to volunteer to test it, let me know.

Remember, initial buy-in is $20 for the first 5-week period... $10 for the subscription and $10 in escrow. Subsequent payments will be $10 per period.

I assume FBG IM's are not "searchable" by any search engines, right? Or should we restrict payment info strictly to Emails?

12 confirmed so far. I'd like to see it at 20-30 if possible. I'm ready to test payment options... if you want to volunteer to test it, let me know.Remember, initial buy-in is $20 for the first 5-week period... $10 for the subscription and $10 in escrow. Subsequent payments will be $10 per period.
i'll try a paymenet option if you need volunteers

'ShaqAttaq said:
'Keerock said:
12 confirmed so far. I'd like to see it at 20-30 if possible. I'm ready to test payment options... if you want to volunteer to test it, let me know.Remember, initial buy-in is $20 for the first 5-week period... $10 for the subscription and $10 in escrow. Subsequent payments will be $10 per period.
i'll try a paymenet option if you need volunteers
PM Sent.

update? i sent the $$
Got it! Seems to have worked fine. No alarms or anything.Were the instructions pretty easy to follow? Don't give any details here, but let me know via PM if you think any instructions should change. Then I'll get it out to the others.

update? i sent the $$
Got it! Seems to have worked fine. No alarms or anything.Were the instructions pretty easy to follow? Don't give any details here, but let me know via PM if you think any instructions should change. Then I'll get it out to the others.
made complete sense to me.FYI my valdamort account is in my wife's name.

Last edited by a moderator:
update? i sent the $$
made complete sense to me.FYI my [edited] account is in my wife's name.
Cool. Please edit your post and remove the name of that evil empire.

Anyone interested that did not already get a PM? Let me know and I'll add you to the list.

As soon as Shaq modified his post, I'll IM the next 10 for payment.

update? i sent the $$
totally forgot about that. sorry

update? i sent the $$
totally forgot about that. sorry
No sweat. I'll try the next 10 on the list now.

Here's another sticking point... say the slush fund is at $50, and it's now the beginning of a new subscription period. Do new members get to share in that $50 when tickets for large drawings are purchased with it? The easy answer is yes... trying to allocate the slush funds only to members who were "in" when it was funded would be a nightmare. Is everyone OK with letting new members share in it? Should new members be required to add to the slush fund upon entry to make it more fair? Say 10%? So if the slush fund is $50, new members would have to kick in an extra $5 to the slush?
Did this get sorted out?

Did this get sorted out?
Yes. New members will need to pay $10 for their first 5 week subscription, $10 to fund their escrow and 10% of the existing slush fund (that money will be added directly to the slush fund)

FWIW... I'm adding "real" names to the spreadsheet. WHEN we win, this will make things easier to authenticate. Making out a $1,000,000 check to "St. Louis Bob" might not be the best idea.

FWIW... I'm adding "real" names to the spreadsheet. WHEN we win, this will make things easier to authenticate. Making out a $1,000,000 check to "St. Louis Bob" might not be the best idea.
when we win, i'd like to make sure my wife is kept out of this. please replace her first name with william in your records

Did this get sorted out?
Yes. New members will need to pay $10 for their first 5 week subscription, $10 to fund their escrow and 10% of the existing slush fund (that money will be added directly to the slush fund)
I think I answered my own question, ignore. :wall:
I am sure this is fine, just a suggestion.If slush is $500 and there are 10 people in the pool, any new entries should really be paying $50 to have equal share no? My example is extreme and may never happen, this might happen more often:Slush = $50 and there are 50 people in the pool in which case I am happy with the newbies contributing $5.

when we win, i'd like to make sure my wife is kept out of this. please replace her first name with william in your records
Reminds me of the joke:Man walks into his house. "Hey Ethel, I won the lotto! Pack your bags!"

"Oh honey that's fantastic! Where are we going? The Caribbean? Europe?"

"I don't care where you go, just pack your bags and get out!"

Did this get sorted out?
I think I answered my own question, ignore. :wall:
I am sure this is fine, just a suggestion.If slush is $500 and there are 10 people in the pool, any new entries should really be paying $50 to have equal share no? My example is extreme and may never happen, this might happen more often:Slush = $50 and there are 50 people in the pool in which case I am happy with the newbies contributing $5.
Hmmm... never thought about it that way. We could certainly modify the rules to work like that. But I think you're right... the more likely situation is the latter.

Reminds me of the joke:Man walks into his house. "Hey Ethel, I won the lotto! Pack your bags!"

"Oh honey that's fantastic! Where are we going? The Caribbean? Europe?"

"I don't care where you go, just pack your bags and get out!"
Joke? :unsure:

Still waiting on...

Payment from:

Aaron Rudnicki

Angry Beavers

ditka...mike ditka

eoMMan

Fantasy Girl

glvsav37

goonsquad

pittstownkiller

SacramentoBob

St. Louis Bob

the moops

Vrana

Wildcat

Confirmation on being in from:

Das Boot

Fermi

Penguin

Sam Quentin

vuvuzela

Any other lurkers who want in. Remember deadline is Monday at 3pm ET.

Still waiting on...Payment from:Aaron Rudnicki Angry Beaversditka...mike ditkaeoMManFantasy Girlglvsav37goonsquadpittstownkillerSacramentoBobSt. Louis Bobthe moopsVranaWildcatConfirmation on being in from:Das BootFermiPenguinSam QuentinvuvuzelaAny other lurkers who want in. Remember deadline is Monday at 3pm ET.
Should have gotten a payment from me

Still waiting on...Payment from:Aaron Rudnicki Angry Beaversditka...mike ditkaeoMManFantasy Girlglvsav37goonsquadpittstownkillerSacramentoBobSt. Louis Bobthe moopsVranaWildcatConfirmation on being in from:Das BootFermiPenguinSam QuentinvuvuzelaAny other lurkers who want in. Remember deadline is Monday at 3pm ET.
Should have gotten a payment from me
Yep, I did... and the spreadsheet indicates as such. This was just a list of what I'm waiting for.

Users who are viewing this thread