What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Seahawks unveil new uniforms (and twitpics of many others) (1 Viewer)

What do you think?

• Like 'em

Votes: 78 58.2%
  • Hate 'em

Votes: 25 18.7%
  • Meh - Why are we talking about fashion anyway?

Votes: 31 23.1%

• Total voters
I love them!! Looks way better than the lime green crap of the last few years. I'll be buying one for sure. Doesn't shock me at all that the seahawks are on the cutting edge w/ the new looks. Im sure the older generation of football fan won't like it but oh well.

I like the new helmet better than the old. But I still prefer the original silver color and think they should have gone gray with these.

Wasn't there a USFL or some other league team based in Florida a few years back that had a similar color scheme? I can't remember the name...

Edit: I was thinking of the Orlando Thunder. But they're not as close as I remember.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's going to take a lot to get me to like these. I like the helmets, but the jerseys blow. Suddenly my Curry jersey seems attractive.

The "new look of intimidation," huh? Only if it's because the opposing teams have their eyes shut so that they don't puke from the dayglo accents.

The "new look of intimidation," huh? Only if it's because the opposing teams have their eyes shut so that they don't puke from the dayglo accents.
Nike took from colors of the PNW. Are you hating on the people of the PNW? ETA: Clearly you are uneducated in the PNW culture and region.

Nike took from colors of the PNW. Are you hating on the people of the PNW? ETA: Clearly you are uneducated in the PNW culture and region.
Where exactly does neon green occur in the PNW? The Kelly Green was an inspiration from the forests, the Neon green has been tacked on lately to be trendy.The jerseys are ok, growing on me. Can't stand the Nike swoosh on the shoulder. Like the darker blue and the gray. Could do without some of the helmet changes, and the feathers on the collar and down the leg. Overall, I will reserve judgement until I see them on the field. But, I think there is a good chance they look great on the field.

Where exactly does neon green occur in the PNW? The Kelly Green was an inspiration from the forests, the Neon green has been tacked on lately to be trendy.The jerseys are ok, growing on me. Can't stand the Nike swoosh on the shoulder. Like the darker blue and the gray. Could do without some of the helmet changes, and the feathers on the collar and down the leg. Overall, I will reserve judgement until I see them on the field. But, I think there is a good chance they look great on the field.
All over.http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/35/BIG_LEAF_MAPLES_HOH.jpg/350px-BIG_LEAF_MAPLES_HOH.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/35/BIG_LEAF_MAPLES_HOH.jpg/350px-BIG_LEAF_MAPLES_HOH.jpg
That is no where near neon green. I am old enough to remember when the Hawks first unveiled their jerseys, and the reference to taking local colors is the Kelly green. Nike may be trying to piggy back that sentiment, but they weren't the first to add in the neon, it started with Reebok and it was an attempt to be trendy/edgy. It doesn't work, it has never worked, and it really is the lowlight of the jerseys as a whole.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/35/BIG_LEAF_MAPLES_HOH.jpg/350px-BIG_LEAF_MAPLES_HOH.jpg
That is no where near neon green. I am old enough to remember when the Hawks first unveiled their jerseys, and the reference to taking local colors is the Kelly green. Nike may be trying to piggy back that sentiment, but they weren't the first to add in the neon, it started with Reebok and it was an attempt to be trendy/edgy. It doesn't work, it has never worked, and it really is the lowlight of the jerseys as a whole.
Love the neon green as long as it's an accent color. Hated the all neon green jerseys but the blue, white or gray jersey's with neon green highlights is great. Sets them apart from the rest of the NFL.

Love the neon green as long as it's an accent color. Hated the all neon green jerseys but the blue, white or gray jersey's with neon green highlights is great. Sets them apart from the rest of the NFL.
I know lots of people that love the neon accents, and as long as they are accents I am fine with them being on the jersey. They have been trying to work it into the color scheme more and more, and if this is the end results, I am cool with that. I liked the original green much better, but that is just my preference. But trying to argue the neon green is inspired by the local fauna is a entirely off base.These new jerseys definitely set them apart from the rest of the NFL regardless of the neon accent. The more I see them, the more I like them. I think they could have gone a bit more simple, and they would have been an instant classic (remove the feathers from the pants, remove the nike swoosh shoulder abomination). All in all, I think they will look good on the field, which matters the most. I can say at this moment, I would by an original throwback over one of the new jerseys, though.

MG345 must be color blind :shrug:
Nope. You just posted a picture of some moss that is light green, which isn't an accurate representation of what is on the jersey. It is cool, I get it, your whole schtick on here is to be that over bearing fan that backs whatever their team does 1000%. But you are off base here, neon green was NOT inspired by the local palette, Kelly green was. I don't care that you like the neon, it is clearly here to stay, and I am fine with that. But trying to put some assbackwards rationale on it is just stupid.

Poor Seahawk fans. I really feel for you. Your colors were ugly before, but now you look like an Arena Football team. :yucky:
I actually really like the color scheme they have going, much better than the last installment of blues. The gray and white unis are pretty slick as well.

Nope. You just posted a picture of some moss that is light green, which isn't an accurate representation of what is on the jersey. It is cool, I get it, your whole schtick on here is to be that over bearing fan that backs whatever their team does 1000%. But you are off base here, neon green was NOT inspired by the local palette, Kelly green was. I don't care that you like the neon, it is clearly here to stay, and I am fine with that. But trying to put some assbackwards rationale on it is just stupid.
You asked a question, I answered..... the past uniforms have nothing to do with these. You are 1000% off base making that comparison. I don't care that you love Kelly Green, I do find it funny that I prove you wrong and you get mad.http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/35/BIG_LEAF_MAPLES_HOH.jpg/350px-BIG_LEAF_MAPLES_HOH.jpg

*Is thinking Scientist must be as legally color blind as he is, if he thinks that moss = neon green of the uni's*

All over.http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/35/BIG_LEAF_MAPLES_HOH.jpg/350px-BIG_LEAF_MAPLES_HOH.jpg
Don't see any neon green in there.

You asked a question, I answered..... the past uniforms have nothing to do with these. You are 1000% off base making that comparison. I don't care that you love Kelly Green, I do find it funny that I prove you wrong and you get mad.http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/35/BIG_LEAF_MAPLES_HOH.jpg/350px-BIG_LEAF_MAPLES_HOH.jpg
You can post it 1000 times and there still won't be any neon green in there.

You can post it 1000 times and there still won't be any neon green in there.
There is plenty of "action green" ... ya know... the color in the new Hawks uniforms. Educate before you criticize others....http://www.seahawks.com/ms/uniforms/uniforms.htmlclick inspiration.Explains a lot about the new uniforms. You don't have to like that Im right....just have to accept it.

Wow are we really fighting about shades of green here in this thread? That's pretty fabulous.

Anyway.

I like 'em! :bag:

Not mad at all friend, but I do think you need to adjust your monitor's settings. All I was saying was that your statement about the inspiration of the neon green (subsequent flaming of someone for not knowing the PNW culture) was off base. Reebok introduced the a small amount of neon green to update the jersey, trying to make it look modern. At no point was it referenced as a local color. Now, Nike is piggybacking the original intention of the Kelly green, but keeping the modern look of the neon green. That is all I was trying to point out, but I guess if you want to think that the neon green represents moss, go right ahead.

There is plenty of "action green" ... ya know... the color in the new Hawks uniforms. Educate before you criticize others....http://www.seahawks.com/ms/uniforms/uniforms.htmlclick inspiration.Explains a lot about the new uniforms. You don't have to like that Im right....just have to accept it.
I bet you also think the grey really represents our rocky snow capped mountains. They are trying to sell you something, you really think they are going to say "We put neon green on it, because it is cool!!!!1"?

NEW YORK (AP)—Going for a slightly sleeker look, the NFL has unveiled its new uniforms designed by Nike.

The league and Nike showed off the new gear in grand style Tuesday with a gridiron-themed fashion show at a Brooklyn film studio. Uniforms for all 32 teams were on display, worn by players.

Commissioner Roger Goodell was on hand, along with New York Giants receiver Victor Cruz.

Nike is a new NFL partner, taking over uniform and gear design from Reebok.

The designs stayed pretty true to what NFL fans have come to expect. Seattle got some neon green added to its jersey.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-nfl-uniforms

stupid uneducated yahoo...

Users who are viewing this thread