What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Should FBG Offer On-Going Updated Rankings to Subscribers...? (1 Viewer)

Give Me Rankings All Year Please...

• Yes

Votes: 62 91.2%
  • No

Votes: 6 8.8%

• Total voters

Stinkin Ref

IBL Representative
should one of the leaders in the industry offer this type of service...at least to subscribers.....even if it means increasing the cost and not being able to "shut it down" for awhile....?

many of us have drafts that take place at all times of the year or over the course of the "off season"....

would an on going....updated cheatsheet so to speak...however often....once a week or whatever be a service that would be nice to have....adjusting the rankings as free agents sign, draft unfolds, etc....realizing all along that many things can change before opening day....but a base to work off of all year long..?

I know I would be taking a look all year....

if i remember correctly, membership ends after the season ... i have always thought it should be one full year. so yes, i think they should.

This and an early version of DD for people doing startup drafts/auctions. I know every time I'd like to use DD for a startup I can't because there are no up to date rankings available.

Once a week is a bit extreme as the numbers aren't going to change all that much during the off-season. But a dynasty ranking at the end of the season, one a couple of weeks before free agency, and one post-draft would be helpful. Anything beyond that would be unlikely to actually be useful. Redraft rankings would be almost worthless prior to the draft as situations will change greatly based on what happens there.

So while I'd love to see it, I wouldn't expect anything beyond the post-season redraft rankings. (And for what it's worth, they just added a dynasty-oriented staffer who's already compiled dynasty rankings for this year).

'SelenaCat said:
Once a week is a bit extreme as the numbers aren't going to change all that much during the off-season. But a dynasty ranking at the end of the season, one a couple of weeks before free agency, and one post-draft would be helpful. Anything beyond that would be unlikely to actually be useful. Redraft rankings would be almost worthless prior to the draft as situations will change greatly based on what happens there.

So while I'd love to see it, I wouldn't expect anything beyond the post-season redraft rankings. (And for what it's worth, they just added a dynasty-oriented staffer who's already compiled dynasty rankings for this year).
from a redraft perspective I guess I disagree with the bolded....and definately from the keeper/dynasty perspective....there are drafts and offseason moves, trades, pickups, in all types of leagues that happen all the time during the offseason....guess I'm just saying it would be nice to see them go ahead and throw out an early cheatsheet and then adjust accordingly, and if like you said "it's really not going to change all that much" then it it wouldn't take much effort after the initial release.....and I understand that maybe this should be a "paid for service"....which is fine....so why not offer it to subsribers...?...from the results so far it looks like something the customer might want....I'd like to see where the staff here have guys like Peterson, Charles, Forte with Bush in town, Bush with Forte in town, BJGE where is he now, Randy Moss, Jacobs, Hillis, etc.....realizing all long it could change dramatically between now and September.....

eta: bloom has some that he put out early but don't think it is an ongoing thing....

Last edited by a moderator:
yes ... this is the most disappointing aspects of the site ...

Dynasty rankings should be updated weekly throughout the year including IDP rankings for dynasty

I'm not a subscriber, but would certainly pony up if I could get continious updated dynasty rankings including rookie picks

I'm not a subscriber, but would certainly pony up if I could get continious updated dynasty rankings including rookie picks
I hope the staff sees this.One thing I'd like to see is the ability for subscribers to post their rankings and be able to view other subscriber's rankings. This doesn't seem like it would be that hard. In addition, the ability to choose which staff members are included in your composite rankings is already there. Being able to add subscriber's rankings as well would be awesome. Then, the staff doesn't have to adjust their rankings weekly. We would have up to date rankings available form subscribers. Also, we would have a true picture of the value of players, instead of just FBGs staff values.It seems like some site will do this eventually and when it does, it will be a major subscription booster.

I hope the staff sees this.One thing I'd like to see is the ability for subscribers to post their rankings and be able to view other subscriber's rankings. This doesn't seem like it would be that hard. In addition, the ability to choose which staff members are included in your composite rankings is already there. Being able to add subscriber's rankings as well would be awesome. Then, the staff doesn't have to adjust their rankings weekly. We would have up to date rankings available form subscribers. Also, we would have a true picture of the value of players, instead of just FBGs staff values.

It seems like some site will do this eventually and when it does, it will be a major subscription booster.
To a degree already subscriber rankings already exist.. several members, EBF, CouchPotato,Jeter23 have some great dynasty stuff going. Jeter23 puts together threads that are essentially subscribers/messageboard readers consensus rankings. EBF does top X Dynasty rankings throughout the offseason. For me, in the offseason things are entirely too fluid to make weekly rankings particularly useful. I'd agree final end of season, PreDraft,PostDraft rankings should suffice. They are only a guideline anyway against which I check my own valuations. I'd much rather the staff use the "offseason" to work on larger projects like the new Offseason Movement Tracker that can't be done in-season when articles,rankings, etc are needed daily/weekly.

EBF Top 24 Rookies

CouchPotato Dynasty Rankings

Jeter23 Consensus PPR Dynasty

Hi Folks,

Definitely hearing you and we're working on upping the Dynasty content with more regular rankings. Hiring Couch Potato was part of that. The plan is to have better coverage for you this spring and then also after the Super Bowl where we haven't done anything in the past. Not sure exactly what the Feb - April period will look like but that's an area and time period we're working on for you.

J

Hi Folks,Definitely hearing you and we're working on upping the Dynasty content with more regular rankings. Hiring Couch Potato was part of that. The plan is to have better coverage for you this spring and then also after the Super Bowl where we haven't done anything in the past. Not sure exactly what the Feb - April period will look like but that's an area and time period we're working on for you.J
For those who have looked at the staff dynasty rankings recently, I'm the "blank guy." I'm not sure why my name still isn't showing up or who will be fixing that, but those will be fresh rankings, updated throughout the offseason, probably about every two weeks. I see no reason I wouldn't be continuing to provide this as well during the post-Super Bowl period next year as I did this year beginning in early Feb (in the Couch Potato dyn rank thread before being hired).

I hope the staff sees this.One thing I'd like to see is the ability for subscribers to post their rankings and be able to view other subscriber's rankings. This doesn't seem like it would be that hard. In addition, the ability to choose which staff members are included in your composite rankings is already there. Being able to add subscriber's rankings as well would be awesome. Then, the staff doesn't have to adjust their rankings weekly. We would have up to date rankings available form subscribers. Also, we would have a true picture of the value of players, instead of just FBGs staff values.

It seems like some site will do this eventually and when it does, it will be a major subscription booster.
To a degree already subscriber rankings already exist.. several members, EBF, CouchPotato,Jeter23 have some great dynasty stuff going. Jeter23 puts together threads that are essentially subscribers/messageboard readers consensus rankings. EBF does top X Dynasty rankings throughout the offseason. For me, in the offseason things are entirely too fluid to make weekly rankings particularly useful. I'd agree final end of season, PreDraft,PostDraft rankings should suffice. They are only a guideline anyway against which I check my own valuations. I'd much rather the staff use the "offseason" to work on larger projects like the new Offseason Movement Tracker that can't be done in-season when articles,rankings, etc are needed daily/weekly.

EBF Top 24 Rookies

CouchPotato Dynasty Rankings

Jeter23 Consensus PPR Dynasty
I love it when someone puts out rankings. It creates a lot of discussion, although I disagree that they are essentially a message board consensus. I don't think anyone needs to change their rankings weekly, especially in the offseason. The value of the consensus is in knowing how the herd values a player. It certainly helps in making trade offers.The real value though lies in the subscriptions. When you hear people saying they would join if they had updated rankings, that's pretty significant. Also, there is a new monthly thread during the season asking for updated rankings. It's something people want.

Any chance of getting these offseason dynasty rankings set up to be imported to the previous year's draft dominator for people doing early drafts?

Hi Folks,Definitely hearing you and we're working on upping the Dynasty content with more regular rankings. Hiring Couch Potato was part of that. The plan is to have better coverage for you this spring and then also after the Super Bowl where we haven't done anything in the past. Not sure exactly what the Feb - April period will look like but that's an area and time period we're working on for you.J
Thanks Joe....what about specifically redraft?....do you guys not see that as an area to cover after the Super Bowl?....lots of things change between early Feb (super bowl) and the draft....and again immediately after the draft and prior to suscriber content available later in the year.....and many leagues including redraft/small keeper have off season activity (ability to trade some players, next years draft slots, etc)...during those time slots...is there a reason subsciber type content (year long cheatsheets, etc) cannot be done...?...can there not be a year long "subscriber subscription" with an increased price if that is the issue.....I know you guys hit it hard during the season and you have "other lives" besides fantasy football, but if the demand is there in the "offseason" should it be considered...the "plan and looking at the Feb-April time period" at this point doesn't really help us till almost a year from now....anything in the works for this early spring/summer before subscriber time kicks in...?thanks....

Hi Ref,Yes, we're working on trying to get rankings for redraft up sooner this year as well. Thanks.J

Thanks Joe....what about specifically redraft?....do you guys not see that as an area to cover after the Super Bowl?....lots of things change between early Feb (super bowl) and the draft....and again immediately after the draft and prior to suscriber content available later in the year.....and many leagues including redraft/small keeper have off season activity (ability to trade some players, next years draft slots, etc)...during those time slots...is there a reason subsciber type content (year long cheatsheets, etc) cannot be done...?...can there not be a year long "subscriber subscription" with an increased price if that is the issue.....I know you guys hit it hard during the season and you have "other lives" besides fantasy football, but if the demand is there in the "offseason" should it be considered...the "plan and looking at the Feb-April time period" at this point doesn't really help us till almost a year from now....anything in the works for this early spring/summer before subscriber time kicks in...?thanks....

Users who are viewing this thread