What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2012 MLB Overreaction Thread (1 Viewer)

Eephus

Footballguy
1. Kyle Lohse is a Must Add

2. Downgrade all Marlins hitters

3. Closer by Committee in Boston, Tampa and Washington

Last edited by a moderator:
Prorated over 162 games, the Astros will amazingly finish 81 and 81, a full 22 games above most expectations.

Both the Blue Jays and Indians will finish the season with 0 wins and 0 losses as their season opening game never finishes.

Both the Blue Jays and Indians will finish the season with 0 wins and 0 losses as their season opening game never finishes.
If this game never finishes, Lawrie may single-handedly ruin many teams' seasons.
With this now being the longest season opening game in league history, it seems inevitable at this point. Sorry to you and all other Lawrie owners.
And even though this thread is all about overreaction to small sample sizes, just a note on those in love with Lawrie's small sample size performance from LAST YEAR...Thursday's game dropped his career batting average 11 points. :headbang:

Is it possible to overreact to Trumbo's error on his first touch?

I don't think it is. If he can't play 3rd, he'll have zero value and I can't imagine Scoscia will be very patient on this.

Mariano Rivera is going to have a hard time closing games with the giant fork in his back.
Also not an overreaction.
lolzPeeps have been counting him out for eight years now. Early-season struggles are nothing new for Mo.
I'm not how sure his head is still in the game. All he talks about is going out on his terms, when the time is right, etc. At some point guys can't get it done like they used to, with every year that passes the chances increase exponentially. He's not done but I can see him being just slightly above average at some point, this year is as good as any for that to happen.

Is it possible to overreact to Trumbo's error on his first touch?I don't think it is. If he can't play 3rd, he'll have zero value and I can't imagine Scoscia will be very patient on this.
Make that 2 times the ball has come his way and 2 errors.Why was I foolish enough to fall for this Trumbo to 3rd pipe dream?I think Trumbo cost himself 100 ABs tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it possible to overreact to Trumbo's error on his first touch?I don't think it is. If he can't play 3rd, he'll have zero value and I can't imagine Scoscia will be very patient on this.
Make that 2 times the ball has come his way and 2 errors.Why was I foolish enough to fall for this Trumbo to 3rd pipe dream?I think Trumbo cost himself 100 ABs tonight.
The plan was to get Trumbo 50ish games at third. I don't think it's an overreaction to bet the under. Trumbo needs to make huge improvements in a hurry if he's going to stay at the hot corner. Trumbo made Miguel Cabrera look like a gold glove candidate. Pujols can only do so much to help cover his terrible throws.

marianos peripherals last year were phenomenal. i think theres a better chance that hes dominant then there is of him being done. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread