What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Startup - Starting up! (1 Viewer)

Biap1206

Footballguy
League Basics:

12 Team

QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, RB/WR/TE, TE, DEF

Two Conferences, four divisions

Play each team in your division twice

Play everyone else in the league once

6 teams make the playoffs

Two top seeds in each conference receive a 1st round bye

League scoring:

4 points per QB TD

1-PPR

-1 INT

League/funds Locations:

My fantasy league

League safe for payments

League buy in each year is TBD (Shooting for $40-$50 MAX not including fees)

What won't be in this league:

NO IDP

NO Contracts/Salaries

NO KICKERS!!!

Rosters:

30 player roster limit throughout the off season

- You can carry an inflated roster after the rookie draft each year allowing you to research/focus/evaluate your team throughout the preseason.

25 player roster limit a couple days before the seasons opening kickoff

- At the near end of the preseason roster cuts will have to be made to ready your team for the regular season.

2 IR slots

Draft:

Veteran and Rookie draft combined after the NFL draft.

Draft will be on-line via the My Fantasy League draft room

League vision:

Dedication - (ded·i·ca·tion/ˌdediˈkāSHən/)

Noun: 1. The quality of being dedicated or committed to a task or purpose.

This league is looking for dedicated owners who can keep up with the commissioners dedication to it. This league is intended to be a trade heavy league. Everyone has their own style of managing a team so if you rather build your team through the draft, that is fine as well. However, you're required to be respectful to all owners (and their different styles) in the league and respond to trade offers even if you have no intention to trade or don't like what was offered.

The above league rules can be discussed and possibly changed. Once we have a full league, we can look over the league rules in more depth. Just as the majority of leagues on DLF, this is a DYNASTY league. You're expected to be be in this league for many years. I understand life provides us with plenty of twists and turns, that's understandable. However, if you intend to joining this league for only one or two years, please just save us the trouble now and don't bother showing interest. If you currently have an ungodly amount of dynasty leagues you participate in, I don't think you'll be a fit for this league. This league doesn't have to be your "main" league however it should be on your mind and if you have 14 other leagues to tend to, we rather not bother you.

With all that said, sound off with your questions and let me know if you are interested. I will contact each one of you personally either through PM or Email (if you prefer).

Updated: 3:51PM EST - April 8th

League invites remaining

0/12

Expressing interest (interviewing)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm currently leaning towards a slow draft. 8 hours for each pick (average pick ends up being 15 mins if we're dedicated).

Clock would suspend at 2am Eastern Time and re-establish around 8am-ish. If everyone is dedicated I am sure we can complete it in a couple days. (The last rounds fly by anyway)

I pretty much want to allow plenty of time for people to trade up/out if need be etc etc.

I just completed a draft with this same format and we started on a Friday night and ended Sunday evening. Those owners were dedicated and the average pick time ended up being right around 15 mins for almost everyone, some of the guys had to use a couple hours due to various issues (ie. getting out of work, kids, etc.)

The rookie 1.01 holds so much more value, really only fair way to determine who gets it is buy using rookie spacers.. Like a freakin lottery winner if you draw the 1.12 in regular draft and the 1.01 in rook..

Only new leagues I get in pre-nfl draft are ones that use rookie spacers..

The rookie 1.01 holds so much more value, really only fair way to determine who gets it is buy using rookie spacers.. Like a freakin lottery winner if you draw the 1.12 in regular draft and the 1.01 in rook.. Only new leagues I get in pre-nfl draft are ones that use rookie spacers..
Agree, seems like the guys who draw the top 2 or 3 rookie picks get an advantage. Only startup dynasties I've ever done have just included rookies in the initial draft, can you please explain to me what are rookie spacers exactly?

From my experience you draft the right so to owning the rookie pick when you draft the rookie spacer. And then a rookie pick is earned in the rookie draft in May once you know where the rookies land.

I am not opposed to rookie spacers, I've seen drafts work with them before, but at the same time I am not 100% sold on using them either.

I believe in having a plan before starting something. With that said, when I set up the league I set up the plan of the draft ahead of time, however I am not opposed to changing it pending we move into another thought out plan.

I don't know, maybe it's the Military part of me that lives by the "Set the plan, then execute."

Let me make one thing clear. I am dedicated, active, involved and fair, but I am laid back as well. Majority of the rules right now are in theory and I believe the league will decide which direction we move when it comes to a lot of them. Some however I will be firm on. Firm or laid back, I can tell you one thing, I am always open to hear why we should or shouldn't run with a particular rule (or whatever it may be). A commissioner that doesn't listen to his owners loses his owners.

looks interesting, but I share the same concerns (as above posters) about the double draft. The guys in the middle of both drafts get the short end of the stick.

Rookie spacers is one way to go.

Another option would be just to wait a month and draft in May after the NFL draft. This would be the cleanest way to go and gives you time to lock up 11 more dedicated owners and everyone some time to trade pick, introduce themselves, talk some smack, etc

Or a third (more complicated) option.... when you randomly generate the order, it is not the actual draft order, but the order that people get to select their draft position. For instance, I bet the #1 guy still wants 1.01 and 1.12r, etc... but the #5 guy might want 1.12 + 1.01r (instead of 1.05 and 1.07r). So let people choose their draft combo based on the initial RNG order.

Having the draft after the NFL draft as a total start up (rookies and veterans included) has been a thought of mine. That was pretty much going to hinge on how fast the league fills, paid fees etc.

Kind of a "fail safe" in case something couldn't be agreed upon. Like I said, my number one concern right now is filling the league with quality active owners. That is definitely number one. I feel that after we have a strong field of owners we can hash out details like draft/alternate scoring rules/etc with no problems.

At the same time I totally understand the need to know how things will run before committing to a league. So as of now I can say I am open to various possibilities to include spacers or total start up with rookies and veterans combined.

I am not opposed to rookie spacers, I've seen drafts work with them before, but at the same time I am not 100% sold on using them either.I believe in having a plan before starting something. With that said, when I set up the league I set up the plan of the draft ahead of time, however I am not opposed to changing it pending we move into another thought out plan. I don't know, maybe it's the Military part of me that lives by the "Set the plan, then execute."Let me make one thing clear. I am dedicated, active, involved and fair, but I am laid back as well. Majority of the rules right now are in theory and I believe the league will decide which direction we move when it comes to a lot of them. Some however I will be firm on. Firm or laid back, I can tell you one thing, I am always open to hear why we should or shouldn't run with a particular rule (or whatever it may be). A commissioner that doesn't listen to his owners loses his owners.
I too believe in proper planning. The rookie,vet drafts should be set before recruiting and setting up the league. As should most other rules, scoring etc.I have tracked 12 start-ups already and have seen the 1.01(t-rich?) go anywhere from the 1.10 to the 2.08,using rook spacers. Again only fair way is to allow the drafters the choice..

I too believe in proper planning. The rookie,vet drafts should be set before recruiting and setting up the league. As should most other rules, scoring etc.
I'm sorry but I partially disagree. Like I said, nothing is set in stone and can easily be changed based on the group of active owners that have been recruited. (If I currently have QB TDs at 6 points per, and 11 other owners rather have it at 4, then I think you know the obvious change that needs to be made.) You're right, a leagues should have a plan for the draft and rules. Which I do. A baseline, however this isn't just my league, I am accepting input from everyone accepted into the league, this will and should be theirs as long as it is mine.I have this league posted on two forums and I've received many PM's/emails from prospective owners. Due to how close the NFL Draft and the amount of interest I received (interviews I'm conducting), we will be pushing the draft to May and combining rookies and veterans. So one draft!--------------------------------------Starfire58 and JaYz0618 - PMs have been sent.

Draft information has been changed to a combined rookie and veteran draft after the NFL draft. More than likely in May.

If you're interested Gamma1210 let me know and I will send you a PM.

Eminence, PM has been sent.

I would be interested if there is still room.

PM or cjrisberg at yahoo dot com

how much does the league cost , what site are you using im interested and i am the epitome of dedication ill give u all my references from all my commishes, i log in the site more then a normal human being i can even log on by my phone

The league has been filled. A slot may become available in the next day or two. If that happens I will notify you and see if you're still interested.

Users who are viewing this thread