Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

badmojo1006

Mike Wallace of 60 Minutes Fame has passed at 93

19 posts in this topic

wow.. that sad

How long did you want him to live?

I guess his time was up

Tonight's episode was a good reminder of how great he was. The world of journalism is poorer without him.

Not sad at all. At 93 his life should be celebrated. :thumbup:

Sad is a baby or teen dying before his/her time.

Not sad at all. At 93 his life should be celebrated. :thumbup: Sad is a baby or teen dying before his/her time.

You are right about this.

Tonight's episode was a good reminder of how great he was. The world of journalism is poorer without him.

Excellent broadcast tonight.

:goodposting: Could have watched 3-4 hours of that.

I agree totally. Hope they do some kind of meatier retrospective. Do 60 minutes go into "repeats" ? I may be a total :nerd: but I've always throught there was a market for stuff like this, throw old 60 minutes up on some channel. I'd love to see them.

I agree totally. Hope they do some kind of meatier retrospective. Do 60 minutes go into "repeats" ? I may be a total :nerd: but I've always throught there was a market for stuff like this, throw old 60 minutes up on some channel. I'd love to see them.
I'd watch that too. I didn't know anything about the My Lai Massacre until tonight. Wallace's interview with one of the Americans who participated in that massacre was so chilling. Reading up on it makes me pretty sick to my stomach and reinforces the belief I hold that Richard Nixon was pure and utter evil.

:goodposting:

Could have watched 3-4 hours of that.

I agree totally. Hope they do some kind of meatier retrospective. Do 60 minutes go into "repeats" ?

I may be a total :nerd: but I've always throught there was a market for stuff like this, throw old 60 minutes up on some channel. I'd love to see them.

I'd watch that too.

I didn't know anything about the My Lai Massacre until tonight. Wallace's interview with one of the Americans who participated in that massacre was so chilling. Reading up on it makes me pretty sick to my stomach and reinforces the belief I hold that Richard Nixon was pure and utter evil.

this, doods - watch it. there is no better indication of what a clusterhug Nam was than that even My Lai had heroes. if this piece - one of Wallace's best & that's saying a lot - dont break your heart 4 times, check your pulse cuz you might be dead.

Couldnt find a link but, if you find a way to watch "90 minutes on 60 Minutes" from PBS's American Masters a few yrs ago, you owe yourselves to do so. To watch Wallace & Don Hewitt - the best interviewer and best newsman in broadcast history, respectively - fight like feral dogs over what goes in and is cut out of stories is to know what's best and mourn what's presently worst about TV news.

Couldnt find a link but, if you find a way to watch "90 minutes on 60 Minutes" from PBS's American Masters a few yrs ago, you owe yourselves to do so. To watch Wallace & Don Hewitt - the best interviewer and best newsman in broadcast history, respectively - fight like feral dogs over what goes in and is cut out of stories is to know what's best and mourn what's presently worst about TV news.
:goodposting: yes i've seen that and its as good as you advertise.

There a '60 Minutes on CNBC' that airs segments with updates and additional footage. I've not seen any "classic" episodes on there though.

I'd watch that too. I didn't know anything about the My Lai Massacre until tonight. Wallace's interview with one of the Americans who participated in that massacre was so chilling. Reading up on it makes me pretty sick to my stomach and reinforces the belief I hold that Richard Nixon was pure and utter evil.
There is an PBS American Experience episode about it on the NetFlix streaming if you have it. I've had it in my queue for months but haven't managed to watch it.

Anyone see Chris Wallace interview David Axelrod yesterday on Fox News Sunday? That guy doesn't answer any questions, and Wallace just dominated that interview.

Anyone see Chris Wallace interview David Axelrod yesterday on Fox News Sunday? That guy doesn't answer any questions, and Wallace just dominated that interview.

off point & the younger Wallace hasnt dominated an interview since namedropping daddy got him an internship, but Axelrod IS a worthless POS (as opposed to valuable ones) who 1st gave me pause way back when i hoped Obama would build his own Camelot & save the world.