What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mark Trumbo..... (1 Viewer)

uconnalum

Footballguy
He played 149 games last year as a rookie. I'm sure he hates the idea of riding the pine and would love to play every day. The question is where do you play this guy. 3 errors in his 2 games at 3B have shown that he is not ready to play 3B everyday and Callapaso is a 3B anyways. Pujols is now playing 1B where he played last year. K. Morales is the DH and he is not going to be replacing his bat at DH. He is a talented player that is lost in the shuffle currently.

I think he'll get 4-5 games a week and you root for an injury. He won't get better if he doesn't play however.

I was counting on him to be a slightly stealth 3b candidate for me, but I'm already looking at the Seager's of the world because my plan looks dead in the water.

Don't know what to tell you,but I can't see Wells staying productive AND Morales staying healthy for too long. Mike Trout is the big concern here, however.

Trumbo's 29 HRs last year were pretty impressive but his .291 OBP not so much. He's a valuable guy given Morales' injury concerns but he's a liability at 3B. Pujols isn't going anywhere.

He was almost exclusively a 1B coming up through the system. It's awfully tough to learn a brand new position at the major league level. He has options left so they could send him down to work on his defense every day.

The Angels' #1 draft choice in 2011 was a college slugger named C.J. Cron who's very similar to Trumbo. He's in High-A ball this year so he'll be entering the same log jam in two years or so.

'Smack Tripper said:
I think he'll get 4-5 games a week and you root for an injury. He won't get better if he doesn't play however.

I was counting on him to be a slightly stealth 3b candidate for me, but I'm already looking at the Seager's of the world because my plan looks dead in the water.

Don't know what to tell you,but I can't see Wells staying productive AND Morales staying healthy for too long. Mike Trout is the big concern here, however.
Same here. Hard to see that plan working out at the moment.I think Bourjos will get pinched a bit too (I got him too), though not to the same degree. A healthy Morales (got him too) means no DH'ing for the OF geezers, and of course, Trout's call-up will hurt too.

Buying a bunch of Angels not named Pujols or Kendrick was probably a really dumb idea.

This is why I avoided this whole situation. The only Halos bats on my rosters are Kendrick, Pujols, and Bourjos.

That said, it's a great problem for LA. He's a great insurance policy. If any of Wells, Hunter, Bourjos(and they don't call-up Trout for some reason), Callaspo, Pujols, or Morales get nicked up or a day off and Trumbo can slide right in. Also, if one of their arms gets banged up, bam, they have Trumbo to sell. His OBP is paltry, but teams will pay for his power. I'm looking in your direction, Cleveland.

Worst case, Angels stay healthy (not a bad thing obviously) and have a great late inning sbat to pinch hit.

He played Thursday and went 2 - 4 with a Home Run, 0 - 2 on Friday, he sat out yesterday and he is 1 - 1 tonight with a Home Run. He is making the most of his opportunities to play every night. Mike needs to find a spot for this guy to play every day or like Leeroy says trade him to the Pirates.

He played Thursday and went 2 - 4 with a Home Run, 0 - 2 on Friday, he sat out yesterday and he is 1 - 1 tonight with a Home Run. He is making the most of his opportunities to play every night. Mike needs to find a spot for this guy to play every day or like Leeroy says trade him to the Pirates.
I agree.This guy would be a monster in Baltimore. Does he make any sense to the Red Sox to plug him in the OF? I wonder what the going rate is on him? I doubt the Angels deal him, but with Trout coming, what can you do with him? Hanrahan for Trumbo? Pitt should do that in a minute.

Hes a better fantasy player than real life player
He's a 2nd year player off 29 homer rookie campaign that plays 4 positions, wtf are you talking about?
Well, his average was just below average, his obp was poor. And he brings zero defensive value. So there's that.
:shrug: The Ball Jumps off his bat, thats all I know. In an era of diminished, right handed pop, I'll take his upside anyday.

Buy, sell or hold?

Had a hot week, do we believe the hype as owners? Do we acquire as competitors?

What have you seen him moved for?

I'm going to try to grab Kershaw for him in a keeper league, but don't know if I'm in the right universe.

hot week? He's been rolling for a few now with all the injuries and issues with Hunter. I'm glad I held on and have been playing him consistently. I don't see how Sciosiopath can keep him out of the lineup as their offense has heated up with him producing more than anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread