What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What does 2013's Top 10 Batters keeper outlook look like? (1 Viewer)

numberSE7EN

Footballguy
Looking to make some trades to position my keepers for the long term, and wanted to get your advice on what the top 10 batters would look like given a new keeper draft at the end of this year?

My three picks to make a big jump:

Andrew McCutchen, Mike Stanton, and Eric Hosmer

I think Harper & Trout are still a few years away from being drafted in the top 10 of a fantasy draft.

Who do you think has a chance to break into the top 10?

First player who came to mind is Desmond Jennings. As good as Hosmer is, he's rapidly becoming overvalued. Not sure why you think Harper & Trout are a few years away when one of the guys on your list is in his 2nd season and another is in his 3rd...

First player who came to mind is Desmond Jennings. As good as Hosmer is, he's rapidly becoming overvalued. Not sure why you think Harper & Trout are a few years away when one of the guys on your list is in his 2nd season and another is in his 3rd...
My opinion might change after Harper and Trout get called up this summer, but I am holding off judgement until I seem them play for a decent stretch in the Majors. I am with you on Hosmer being overvalued, I just really like what KC has going offensively and think he in the right situation to succeed. Stanton has 56 HRs in two seasons (this first only covering 100 games). I have not had the chance to see Desmond Jennings play, I will make a point to watch some Rays games. Anyone else? Maybe Starlin Casto? 350 hits and a .300 avg in his first two seasons is pretty impressive, especially given his age.

I love Hosmer but I think he's more than 1 year away from being a top 3 first baseman. In no particular order:

J-Up

Cutch

Kemp

Votto

Miggy - now 3B eligible

Tulo - unless he proves otherwise

CarGo

Braun

Jury is still out: Pujols, Ellsbury, Prince, Cano, A-Gone, Bautista (probably not)

That's 8. If I had to pick 2 more, I'd take Pujols and Ellsbury.

....BUT, is this a keep forever league drafting after 2012 is over? Then maybe guys like Stanton, Trout, Harper would be on the list. But if you're just drafting for 2013 I think those guys are a year away. Castro too.

Same top 10 as this year

Miggy

Pujols

Votto

A Gonz

Prince

Bautista

Longoria

Tulo

Kemp

Braun

Some new names may emerge after them (I like the Cutch and Giancarlo calls), but barring something unforeseen I don't see anyone leapfrogging those 10.

I love Hosmer but I think he's more than 1 year away from being a top 3 first baseman. In no particular order:J-UpCutchKempVottoMiggy - now 3B eligibleTulo - unless he proves otherwiseCarGoBraunJury is still out: Pujols, Ellsbury, Prince, Cano, A-Gone, Bautista (probably not)That's 8. If I had to pick 2 more, I'd take Pujols and Ellsbury.....BUT, is this a keep forever league drafting after 2012 is over? Then maybe guys like Stanton, Trout, Harper would be on the list. But if you're just drafting for 2013 I think those guys are a year away. Castro too.
Yes in the mindset of a forever keeper league. I am trying to jump ahead to the end of the year and project what a "keeper top 10 board" would look like.

In a standard 5x5, Stanton never sniffs the top 10. Not in that ballpark, not with that average. And right now certainly not with those knees.

In a standard 5x5, Stanton never sniffs the top 10. Not in that ballpark, not with that average. And right now certainly not with those knees.
Completely agree. He would have to put up Bautista-like HR/RBI numbers to get there with his game and I don't think anyone in baseball can do that in Miami's park.I don't see any reason to pencil in Cutch for a huge leap either, but some might already rank him pretty close to top 10. I'm with MAC that you should pretty much just use the top 10 from this year as your guide for the top 10 a year from now. A year is just not that far away for much to change.

Users who are viewing this thread