Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PHall

Ideal Statup Draft Spot

4 posts in this topic

I am in a league that is just starting up (16 teams for what its worth) and I was curious where people would prefer to draft. Obviously the first pick is nice, but would it better to be at 4-5. The top 5 guys: Foster, McCoy, Rice, Rodgers, and Calvin seem to be a consensus group and at 5 you would get a better 2nd rounder. Or would you prefer late first to grab a pair from the likes of Green, Julio, McFadden, Stafford, etc.

There may be another topic on this, but my searches came up empty

Assuming this is a snake draft I have traditionally liked the earlier spots but more because of round 3. I have always thought the drop from the top of round 3 to the bottom of round 3 was quite a lot. I have not evaluated that this year to say for certain I still feel that same way.

Gimme pick 5. As you mentioned, there is a clear top 5. Pick the one that falls to you. In addition to getting one of top 5 players, you also pick in the middle of each round rather than on the extreme ends.

if it's a traditional serpentine, give me a top 5 pick.

if however, you do a 3rd round reversal (which is only fair) give me a later pick in round 1