What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Pittbully's Top 50 Dynasty WR's (2 Viewers)

ThePittbully

Footballguy
This is my first time posting any kind of rankings here. I'm expecting to get some criticism from this, so bring it on :football: .

2012 PPR Dynasty Top 50 WR's

Tier 1:

1. Calvin Johnson

Tier 2:

2. Larry Fitzgerald

3. AJ Green

4. Hakeem Nicks

5. Julio Jones

Tier 3:

6. Mike Wallace

7. Jordy Nelson

8. Victor Cruz

9. Dez Bryant

10. Greg Jennings

11. Percy Harvin

Tier 4:

12. Andre Johnson

13. Wes Welker

14. Brandon Marshall

15. Roddy White

Tier 5:

16. Dwayne Bowe

17. Jeremy Maclin

18. Miles Austin

19. Stevie Johnson

20. Kenny Britt

21. Marques Colston

22. Antonio Brown

23. Torrey Smith

23. Desean Jackson

24. Vincent Jackson

26. Steve Smith CAR

27. Brandon Lloyd

28. Demaryius Thomas

29. Pierre Garcon

Tier 6:

30. Robert Meachem

31. Jacoby Ford

32. Eric Decker

33. Mario Manningham

34. Denarius Moore

35. Mike Williams TB

36. Titus Young

37. Darrius Heyward Bey

38. Greg Little

39. Jon Baldwin

40. Santonio Holmes

41. Michael Crabtree

42. Sidney Rice

43. Reggie Wayne

44. Austin Collie

45. Randall Cobb

46. Laurent Robinson

47. Anquan Boldin

48. Vincent Brown

49. Lance Moore

50. Malcolm Floyd

Last edited by a moderator:
Like your list. A few opinions...

I have a hard time ranking Jordy Nelson that high. I know he's coming off a terrific year, I own him myself, and I've been trying to sell. So far, no takers, at least not at a reasonable return for me. The YPC and TDs just look too fluky. With Jennings, Finley, James Jones, and an emerging Randall Cobb in town, it's hard to picture Jordy getting any more than the 68 catches he reeled in last year. So can he really turn 60 some catches in 1200+ yards and 15 TDs again? For reference, Jennings caught basically the same (67, in 3 fewer games due to injury), and had 949/9, which ranked him 18th in my league. I think those numbers are a more reasonable Jordy Nelson projection going forward.

Marques Colston ranked 11th in my league last year, is still only 28, and resigned with the high flying Saints while Robert Meachem didn't. I have a hard time seeing him outside the top 20. He's consistent year to year and in a great situation.

Even though he's only ranked 33rd, I still feel Mario Manningham's too high there. His landing spot just leaves so little opportunity for him, sharing balls with Vernon Davis, Mike Crabtree, and Randy Moss in a run first offense with a subpar QB. I personally would rather take a chance on a rebound candidate like Mike Williams or Santonio Holmes, or on a future breakout candidate like Titus Young, DHB, or Randall Cobb.

Anyway, just some nitpicks, nice work overall. Always like seeing other opinions.

Like your list. A few opinions...I have a hard time ranking Jordy Nelson that high. I know he's coming off a terrific year, I own him myself, and I've been trying to sell. So far, no takers, at least not at a reasonable return for me. The YPC and TDs just look too fluky. With Jennings, Finley, James Jones, and an emerging Randall Cobb in town, it's hard to picture Jordy getting any more than the 68 catches he reeled in last year. So can he really turn 60 some catches in 1200+ yards and 15 TDs again? For reference, Jennings caught basically the same (67, in 3 fewer games due to injury), and had 949/9, which ranked him 18th in my league. I think those numbers are a more reasonable Jordy Nelson projection going forward.Marques Colston ranked 11th in my league last year, is still only 28, and resigned with the high flying Saints while Robert Meachem didn't. I have a hard time seeing him outside the top 20. He's consistent year to year and in a great situation.Even though he's only ranked 33rd, I still feel Mario Manningham's too high there. His landing spot just leaves so little opportunity for him, sharing balls with Vernon Davis, Mike Crabtree, and Randy Moss in a run first offense with a subpar QB. I personally would rather take a chance on a rebound candidate like Mike Williams or Santonio Holmes, or on a future breakout candidate like Titus Young, DHB, or Randall Cobb.Anyway, just some nitpicks, nice work overall. Always like seeing other opinions.
On Nelson, I've seen a lot of post on how his point totals for last year were heavily TD dependent, and how unlikely it is for him to repeat those numbers. However, Rodgers threw 45 TD's last year in 16 games and I could easily see him throwing 40+ again next year. Nelson seems to have emerged as Rodgers' go to WR in the redzone, and he was the most effective WR on Green Bay's roster last year. He received 5 less targets than Jennings and only had 1 more reception than Jennings but still had 314 more yards receiving and 6 more TD's. He's also only 26 years old. I'm a Saints Fan and I like Colston, but he'll be 29 this year and he has had several knee surgeries over the last couple years. I believe the exact number is 6. Combine that with his physical style, and he's not really a guy I'd like to be holding in a season or two. I'm not a big Manningham fan, but I'm even less of a Crabtree fan. And I still think Moss is never going to be an impact player again. That being said, you may be right about having him too high. I'm going to look at that one again. Thanks for the input, I was hoping to get some discussion going and hear some different views so thanks for that

Good list, always have a different opinion on a few player of course. For me, I move Demaryius Thomas up a few spots (although he's very risky) and I move Torrey Smith down quite a bit. Too many problems with his game. Kinda looks like a Devry Henderson clone to me.

Good list, always have a different opinion on a few player of course. For me, I move Demaryius Thomas up a few spots (although he's very risky) and I move Torrey Smith down quite a bit. Too many problems with his game. Kinda looks like a Devry Henderson clone to me.
Having seen Devery a lot, if nothing else his hands are much much better

Thanks for the list.

I actually like Manningham - I agree he'll have to fight for targets, but he's the type that will stretch the field, he doesn't need a ton of targets to be successful, he can do it on a couple of deep plays. He may have to wait a year or two until the QBing improves but this is dynasty so I think he's a buy or hold.

Like your list alot, one of the better ones ive seen. Only two who I think are too high are jordy and Cruz. That's about where id rank them if they repeated those numbers. Too much risk that high and too many more talented guys behind them.

Very solid list imo. Well done and appreciated.

A few things I would change: I would leave AJ and Welker in the top 10 still, i know older, but still got a few years left and that is what i look at for dynasty purpose. Drop Dez/Jordy out. Probably drop nicks to tier 3. I think Cruz is in the right spot, kudos on that.

A few others that are lower that might move up/down a slot or two, but more of a personal choice.

Very solid list imo. Well done and appreciated.A few things I would change: I would leave AJ and Welker in the top 10 still, i know older, but still got a few years left and that is what i look at for dynasty purpose. Drop Dez/Jordy out. Probably drop nicks to tier 3. I think Cruz is in the right spot, kudos on that.A few others that are lower that might move up/down a slot or two, but more of a personal choice.
Nicks to tier 3 but leave Cruz where he is? Nicks is a stud and top talent when he was coming in to the league. Nicks will improve with Cruz there now taking some pressure off him.

Like your list alot, one of the better ones ive seen. Only two who I think are too high are jordy and Cruz. That's about where id rank them if they repeated those numbers. Too much risk that high and too many more talented guys behind them.
Already talked about Jordy, but I'll explain why I chose to put Cruz where he is. Every time I hear about someone talk about Cruz "coming back to earth" they mention Nicks limiting his value. But here's the thing, Nicks had arguably his best season as a pro last season. It was his best season in terms of games played, average yards per catch, and targets. Much like the Nelson/Jennings situation Nicks actually received 1 more target than Cruz but Cruz managed to haul in 6 more catches, 344 yards more receiving, and 2 more TD's. In addition to that, in my opinion, he is clearly one of the most talented WR's in the league. You can ignore the stats and just watch him play. He's quick off the ball, he makes great cuts, he gets great separation, he knows how to find the open zone, and his hands are amazing. I know he doesn't have a track record, and that makes him a risk but I'd feel confident taking that risk based off of what I've seen so far. As far as Nicks being in tier 3, I think he belongs where I have him. I still feel Nicks is an elite talent and having a WR of the talent level of Cruz on the field at the same time should only benefit his game. He's an amazing red zone weapon and despite having more NFL experience he's a full year younger than Cruz.

Solid list. Only quibble I have is that Britt is way too low for my liking. Also, Torrey Smith is pretty high.
I am admittedly not a Britt fan. I believe he's an elite physical talent, but his off the field issues combined with his inability to stay healthy make me want to avoid him. Also there have been reports in the past that he has trouble learning the offense and is not the sharpest tool in the shed. If not for all that I would probably have him a lot higher, I just think he's more risk than he's worth. As far as Smith I think he's a potential breakout player in 2012. I liked what I saw last year though and he's in a very good situation with little competition for targets. Somebody compared him to Devery Henderson, but he reminds me of Greg Jennings. He has elite speed and very good hands, almost always catches the ball away from his body. If he can improve and expand his route running he could easily be an elite WR

Santonio Holmes @ 40?

Very young still, true #1 wr without alot of competition for targets and say what you want about Sanchez but his #'s have gotten better every year.

I would put him in the low 20's.

Agree and disagree with some of the others but all and all good list. Thanks for taking the time to put it together

I dont get why people arent more hyped on torrey smith. He played injired almost all season. Boldin will be taking a backseat to the ultra explosive smith sooner then later. His game reminds me of mike wallace. He finished about where he has him ranked. So hes predicting the same finish, when in reality he will likely be finish higher.

Santonio Holmes @ 40?Very young still, true #1 wr without alot of competition for targets and say what you want about Sanchez but his #'s have gotten better every year.I would put him in the low 20's.Agree and disagree with some of the others but all and all good list. Thanks for taking the time to put it together
Here's the thing with Santonio, he's 28 and has only had 1 season over 1000 yards in 6 years. 2011 was his worst season to date in catches, yards, and YPC. Add to that the Jets just extended Sanchez, who Holmes publicly called out last season. If I were starting a dynasty team, he's a player I would definitely avoid.

I dont get why people arent more hyped on torrey smith. He played injired almost all season. Boldin will be taking a backseat to the ultra explosive smith sooner then later. His game reminds me of mike wallace. He finished about where he has him ranked. So hes predicting the same finish, when in reality he will likely be finish higher.
:goodposting: If I would have seen a little more diversity in his routes last year, I'd probably have him higher

:goodposting: If I would have seen a little more diversity in his routes last year, I'd probably have him higher
The ravens were one of the least diverse offenses in the league. They played 2 wr much more than other teams. I really feel like Smith put up the numbers he did because of the horrible Rams defense (put up a quarter of his numbers in one game) and the fact that he didn't have much of any competition for targets. He had pretty awful hands from the 5 or 6 games I watched and that just doesn't get better with practice. The offense is changing as well and they will bring in some wr talent in the next year or 2. I just don't see much chance he's ever a top 15 wr and it's possible he fades away. I can understand why people like but I'm avoiding him.

The drop was pretty bad, but at the same time he was a 22 year old rookie mistakes are to be expected. He redeemed himself in the end and I'd hardly call it lucky. Gay had hands all over him and he still burned him for an easy TD

You guys are extremely critical of a rookie who was thrust into a major role. Conventional wisdom is three years to adjust to the nfl game. For a guy considered raw coming out, he has done great. Take away julio and aj. Hed have been the best rookie wr right ?

You guys are extremely critical of a rookie who was thrust into a major role. Conventional wisdom is three years to adjust to the nfl game. For a guy considered raw coming out, he has done great. Take away julio and aj. Hed have been the best rookie wr right ?
True, and he has room for improvement. I do think there is a risk that he'll be primarily a deep threat for his career, but he had a good rookie season, no doubt.

Theres a possibilty of that. But if we use last season as his floor, he certainly will be a quality fantasy wr

Good list overall. can really only nitpick.

i got to believe one of decker/Thomas (if not both) get into wr1 territory with manning. Both are young and neither lack talent....I'll take their production for 3 years with manning....and they'll still be young enough to deal And many of the guys above them will be early/mid 30s

Excellent list, I agree with most of the ranking.

Just wondering why you had Jacoby Ford as the highest ranked Oakland WR.

31. Jacoby Ford

34. Denarius Moore

37. Darrius Heyward Bey

Although I own Ford a league, this is one of the few places I have seen him ranked this high. I was thinking more on the lines of Denarius Moore in the 30's, Ford in the 40's and DHB a bit later. I would like to hear your take on Ford's ranking.

Excellent list, I agree with most of the ranking. Just wondering why you had Jacoby Ford as the highest ranked Oakland WR. 31. Jacoby Ford34. Denarius Moore37. Darrius Heyward BeyAlthough I own Ford a league, this is one of the few places I have seen him ranked this high. I was thinking more on the lines of Denarius Moore in the 30's, Ford in the 40's and DHB a bit later. I would like to hear your take on Ford's ranking.
Mostly I just think Ford is the most talented Raiders WR. Going into last year there was a lot of hype on Ford, but his season was ruined by injuries before it ever got started and he was pretty much forgotten by most people due to emergence of Denarius Moore and DHB.

Excellent list, I agree with most of the ranking. Just wondering why you had Jacoby Ford as the highest ranked Oakland WR. 31. Jacoby Ford34. Denarius Moore37. Darrius Heyward BeyAlthough I own Ford a league, this is one of the few places I have seen him ranked this high. I was thinking more on the lines of Denarius Moore in the 30's, Ford in the 40's and DHB a bit later. I would like to hear your take on Ford's ranking.
3 WR from one team ahead of the top guy from the Jets. This is what does not make sense in some rankings. No way the 3rd WR is Oakland scores all that well. They are not that good of a team. This is not the Packers and I dont see James Jones on this list. Ford to me is the 3rd best guy but that is my opinion. Lots of guys are too high and lots are too low.

3 WR from one team ahead of the top guy from the Jets. This is what does not make sense in some rankings. No way the 3rd WR is Oakland scores all that well. They are not that good of a team. This is not the Packers and I dont see James Jones on this list. Ford to me is the 3rd best guy but that is my opinion. Lots of guys are too high and lots are too low.
I already mentioned Santonio has only had 1 great season in 6 years, he QB is subpar, he's unhappy with his situation, and he's not getting any younger. I just don't see the upside there. As far as the Raiders WR's I'm pretty sure that DHB is a free agent next season so he could easily be somewhere else is 2013. And I think the Raiders will probably throw a lot more this season.

a little high for Torrey Smith?
Why ?
listed above VJax and DJax.. thats all. its a good list either way
I dislike Vjax's situation, here's how I feel. He's leaving Rivers who was perfectly suited for what he does and going to Tampa where the QB is not as a good, he's got more competition for targets, and the offense will very likely be run first, especially if they end up drafting Richardson. On top of that he's 29.Desean is probably a little too low, I may move him up 2 or 3 spots. He's young and he's never really had a bad season. I should probably move him up to about 22 just above Brown and Smith. That being said I don't see him as that much better than Smith, they basically have the same game. And I feel like Maclin is easily the best WR in that Eagles offense, Smith is going to be the go to guys for Ravens.

Users who are viewing this thread