What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Startup PPR Dynasty using Victory Points (1 Viewer)

BrianEthridge

BrianEthridge
Looking to startup a PPR dynasty league using Victory Points. Ideally this will be a 16 team league, however we’re open to shrink it down to a 12 team league if there isn’t enough interest.

League finances will be kept safely using LeagueSafe.com. We will shoot to start the draft on May 1st with a 12-hour timer.

League bylaws can be found here: http://football22.myfantasyleague.com/2012/options?L=54148&O=26

League scoring can be found here: http://football22.myfantasyleague.com/2012/options?L=54148&O=09

If you’re interested in joining the league please reply to this post or send a PM. Nobody will be expected to pay until the league is full.

This league will have two commissioners so hopefully we’ll stay active throughout the years to come. In addition, we believe in giving each owner a voice this is why all league issues and trades will be up for debate and ultimately up for a league-wide vote.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Question: You will have league wide votes on every trade?
Correct. If it's a 12 team league, 5 votes will be needed to reject a trade. In a 16 team league, 7 reject votes will be needed. Likewise, if enough approve votes are received the trade will be automatically accepted and hopefully the league will remain active for years to come.

Correct. If it's a 12 team league, 5 votes will be needed to reject a trade. In a 16 team league, 7 reject votes will be needed. Likewise, if enough approve votes are received the trade will be automatically accepted and hopefully the league will remain active for years to come.
Slippery slope my friend.No trade should ever be vetoed unless it's obvious collusion or so bad that it disrupts the balance of the league. You join dynasty leagues to run YOUR team, not everyone elses.Just my 2 cents.

Slippery slope my friend.No trade should ever be vetoed unless it's obvious collusion or so bad that it disrupts the balance of the league. You join dynasty leagues to run YOUR team, not everyone elses.Just my 2 cents.
Appreciate the thoughts. I've ran leagues like this in the past and never ran into a problem with trades getting rejected unless they were obviously BS. Being in around 20 leagues per year, this is my favorite way (and I strongly believe the best way) to handle trades. IMO

There's no rush. I wouldn't mind waiting until it gets filled to 16.

There are other FF forums out there... hundreds. Spam on a couple of those.

Edited 4-21-12 at 7:31PM

In an earlier version of this OP, I noted an unhappy experience I had in a prior league run by Brian called The Marriage Breakers in which Brian quit the league abruptly without notice causing the league to fold.

I stand corrected that this league has two commissioners, so perhaps all the problems of the prior league will not be revisted and history will not repeat itself. However, I still would be reluctant to join any new league of his, even with a co-commish.

In anyone wishes any further details on that prior league, please PM me and I will be glad to provide them the details.

5-1-12 Edit: No one has emailed for details on the prior league. Too bad, you will be sorry. Brian's imperious attitude is evidenced by his subsequent posts on the trade veto rule.

Horrible rule, every trade I made had 1-2 votes against it because the trade improved my team, not because of collusion or anything else wrong with the trade itself, the trades were posted in the shark pool and no one had a problem with them there, but always some votes against the trade in his league.

If you read the post there are TWO COMMISHS. So, nice job spamming up the post. Too bad you didn't have it in you to run the folded league squistion, in which everyone received their payouts according to you :cry: ... Sour grapes.

Edited 7:31PM

In an earlier version of this OP, I noted an unhappy experience I had in a prior league run by Brian called The Marriage Breakers in which Brian quit the league abruptly without notice causing the league to fold.

I stand corrected that this league has two commissioners, so perhaps all the problems of the prior league will not be revisted and history will not repeat itself. However, I still would be reluctant to join any new league of his, even with a co-commish.

In anyone wishes any further details on that prior league, please PM me and I will be glad to provide them the details.
We tried finding a new commissioner and nobody wanted to run the league. I didn't have the time to run it and I was changing jobs at the time. Everyone received their money and the league ran multiple years without an issue.I would also like to note that I am a member of many many leagues and definitely not a newb by any means.

We already have some great, well-respected owners who have joined the league. We have a few spots still available, email brianethridge@gmail.com or PM if interested.

ill join if you take this rule out

"All Trades are subject to a league-wide vote for 2 days. 5 votes against the trade and the trade is automatically rejected. The trade will be automatically processed when enough approve votes are gathered."

don't get why people think its okay to run another persons team

ill join if you take this rule out"All Trades are subject to a league-wide vote for 2 days. 5 votes against the trade and the trade is automatically rejected. The trade will be automatically processed when enough approve votes are gathered."don't get why people think its okay to run another persons team
That rule will not be taken out. Thanks for your interest!

ill join if you take this rule out"All Trades are subject to a league-wide vote for 2 days. 5 votes against the trade and the trade is automatically rejected. The trade will be automatically processed when enough approve votes are gathered."don't get why people think its okay to run another persons team
That rule will not be taken out. Thanks for your interest!
That is a very stupid rule.

Users who are viewing this thread