Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bengalsfan

Mariucci interested in Arkansas job

10 posts in this topic

The long time sports editor of the state paper tweeted today that Steve Mariucci is interested in the open Arkansas position.

Thoughts?

I think they'd initially get a bump in recruiting but coaches who go from the pros to college (and not a Saban type that goes from college to the pros and back to college) don't have the best track record.

I think they'd initially get a bump in recruiting but coaches who go from the pros to college (and not a Saban type that goes from college to the pros and back to college) don't have the best track record.

Mooch coached Cal.

Mooch coached Cal.
Yes, for one season. He's a pro coach.

Thoughts?

I think, while it may take a year, Arky can do better than a coach who's been out of the game for 7 years, and out of the college game for 15 years. He's a big name, but Arky should be able to recruit well anyway. If I were an Arky fan, I'd want a younger, hungrier coach in college now.

The long time sports editor of the state paper tweeted today that Steve Mariucci is interested in the open Arkansas position.Thoughts?

Does Mooch have a motorcycle and can him a Brett Favre ride on it together?

Mooch coached Cal.
I know my opinion is probably different than those parents down south who breathe college football, but I would seek out a coach like Mariucci that runs pro style systems to make it easy for my son to hopefully transition to the NFL.

Mooch coached Cal.
I know my opinion is probably different than those parents down south who breathe college football, but I would seek out a coach like Mariucci that runs pro style systems to make it easy for my son to hopefully transition to the NFL.
Thats risky in the SEC West. Arky had success doing things differently than Alabama and LSU (although not head to head with them). Auburn is transitioning from Malzahn's offense to a pro style, and has no personnel in place to fit it.

Mooch coached Cal.
That's the pitch that these types of coaches use that get them a recruiting bump in their first season or two, and then the returns start coming in. It's a different game between college and the pros. Pete Carroll obviously had great success at USC but for every Carroll there's a Dave Wannstedt, Mike Sherman, Bill Callahan or Chan Gailey.