What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Amazon Prime (2 Viewers)

Would this plan include all nfl games and ufc pay per views?
It would include ANYTHING you want to watch on TV, except pay per view and movies in the theaters.

ALL NFL games would probably fall under pay per view, but it would have REDZONE like my cable has now along with NFL network.

No UFC either, that is pay per view. Though would be nice to have fights accessible after the fact
So just get Cable with every package and order all the new movies PPV, moneybags.

Yes. Sorry I didn't know you guys were talking about cable cutting.

I'm talking about my xfinity.

For comcast. Page up and page down by default are 5 or 10 minutes.

You can reprogram the box to have page up and page down 30 seconds.

On demand allows page up button but not fast forward button
I did not know this.

Would this plan include all nfl games and ufc pay per views?
It would include ANYTHING you want to watch on TV, except pay per view and movies in the theaters.

ALL NFL games would probably fall under pay per view, but it would have REDZONE like my cable has now along with NFL network.

No UFC either, that is pay per view. Though would be nice to have fights accessible after the fact
So just get Cable with every package and order all the new movies PPV, moneybags.
It's...........too............much.

Maybe when some rich relative I have never met dies and leaves me a million

I got an Echo. Knowing me, I'll never use it to its full potential but this is a cool device. The sound is great, too.
I got one too. I feel the same way about it never realizing its full potential. It's turned into a comedian for my kids: "Alexa, tell me a joke."

Does anyone use their Fire Stick for Netflix? How is it? Reviews for the app look pretty bad, but it looks like those were from over a year ago.

Does anyone use their Fire Stick for Netflix? How is it? Reviews for the app look pretty bad, but it looks like those were from over a year ago.
We have one in our daughter's playroom so she can watch movies. No real issues with it for me.

I do. I've had no problems with it. It might even be a little faster than the app I use on my Xbox 360.
No problems with mine. I have crappy DSL too.
Mine also works fine. My only issue really is loading the one sports channel (SportsDevil) through Kodi, but that's probably me just being dumb.

Most of the issues with 3rd party apps on the stick and FiretTV are that unless they've developed something specifically for Amazon, it's the standard Android app designed for use with a touch screen. Navigating them with a remote is clunky. Sling is a great example of this.

F the cable companies. Visit the cut the cable thread.

I forgotten what commercials are, but, yes the on demand from you cable companies have some shows next day that you can't fast forward through the commercials. Depends on the show and network.

Amazon sticks work just fine for me with the third party apps. Up, down, left, right instead of touch screen makes no difference to me.

SFBayDuck said:
Simple but genius - take those leftover visa/amex gift card balances and buy Amazon e-gift certificates: http://www.thekitchenmagpie.com/how-to-use-up-your-leftover-visa-gift-card-balances/

Did it with a $26.48 card and a $6.41 card this morning that I've had around for a couple of years as they're a pain to use at stores.
When you called the # to get the balance, did you have to talk to a real person b/c that dog just ain't gonna hunt?
:no:

americanexpress.com/mygiftcard

Not sure about Visa gift cards, but there is probably a url on the card somewhere for checking the balance.

SFBayDuck said:
Simple but genius - take those leftover visa/amex gift card balances and buy Amazon e-gift certificates: http://www.thekitchenmagpie.com/how-to-use-up-your-leftover-visa-gift-card-balances/

Did it with a $26.48 card and a $6.41 card this morning that I've had around for a couple of years as they're a pain to use at stores.
When you called the # to get the balance, did you have to talk to a real person b/c that dog just ain't gonna hunt?
:no:

americanexpress.com/mygiftcard

Not sure about Visa gift cards, but there is probably a url on the card somewhere for checking the balance.
The internet is a beautiful thing

SFBayDuck said:

There is an app for that...You set up an account on the website, and with the app (ios or android) you can monitor values on cards.

Go Wallet

Does anyone know if you can return 2 items in 1 box? If I put both shipping barcodes in the package?

All this time I didn't know I had to "convert" my account to family. That should have been a big pop up banner

So I had an order that was supposed to be delivered today. It says it was delivered, but it wasn't. Shipment details are way screwy saying it was delivered Dec 2nd to a city not even close to me.

Now what? Never had this happen before

So I had an order that was supposed to be delivered today. It says it was delivered, but it wasn't. Shipment details are way screwy saying it was delivered Dec 2nd to a city not even close to me.

Get their customer service on the phone and talk to a live person.

All this time I didn't know I had to "convert" my account to family. That should have been a big pop up banner
What's this now?
Yeah, what does that mean? I hate missing out on free ####.
Google "Amazon Household"ETA: any two adults can share 1 prime benefits account and add children. You have to be willing to share your credit card info on file with each other. Google "Amazon Household" log in as one user and add second user with their username and password.

Thanks belljr!

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair...Manage Household is under Settings for your account. It's generally good practice to go through all the settings any time you first sign up for any account. :bagoverhead:

To be fair...Manage Household is under Settings for your account. It's generally good practice to go through all the settings any time you first sign up for any account. :bagoverhead:
I always had my account and my wife was a user. I knew they announced that sub accounts can now use prime video.

My wife tried under her account but it kept asking her to sign up for Prime.

I didn't know I had to go into my Prime and "convert" it to a household account instead of leaving her as a sub. Now she can stream video and Kindle without having to log in as me.

Wasn't a big deal before but now you can keep things separately if you want.

No music though for the sub :(

Sorry to get you guys excited for nothing

Yes, you can return the two items in the same box along with the two return labels. Please don't include additional items with your return that aren't associated with this return label. This could result in delays in processing your return and refund.

that's what we do as well. any convenience i see would be trivial. Like when my wife leaves stuff in the cart and I have to move it to the saved list before buying my stuff.

So I'm just trying out this prime music thing. Is this as sweet as I think it is? I can download any songs that are "prime" (and there seem to be thousands) to my phone and play them at any time?

It's like itunes without having to pay $1 a song?

Emailed them this afternoon......

20 Mins later:

Hello,

First of all, please accept my sincere apologies for the wrong tracking details updated by the carrier . That's definitely not what we want our customers to experience.Don't worry, I'll surely help you with this.

As per your concern, I have tried to locate the whereabouts of your package, but it seems like the or lost in transit by the carrier.As an online retailer, we rely heavily on the postal system to deliver our orders to our customers and sometimes, despite all our efforts, there can really be unforeseen incidents that are beyond our control. However, we take full responsibility.

I do understand you need the items so, to make up for this inconvenience, I've created a replacement order with upgraded shipping method at no additional charge. Here are the details:Order Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Shipping Speed:One-Day Shipping

Guaranteed delivery by: Thursday, January 14, 2016

To compensate for this inconvenience,in future, please place a new order with fastest shipping speed and let us know and we will reimburse you for the shipping fee . Please make sure that item is sold or fulfilled by amazon.

Rest assured, I've forwarded this issue to our shipping department as they'll want to read about your experience and I'll make sure the appropriate people will take necessary action so that this will not happen again in your future orders.We're working hard to provide a stress-free and convenient shopping experience at Amazon.com. I hope you'll consider this an isolated incident and give us another chance to serve you better.

One of the benefits we try very hard to offer our customers is convenience. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience you experienced.I hope this helps! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the links below to tell us about your experience today.Best regards,

Amazon

What advantage is there to setting up the household thing? We just all use the same account.
Prolly not a lot that's what we normally did but it does keep your cart separate and I think and I need to double check my wife can take advantage of the photo back up if I don't use itI think it keeps your Kindle library separate to if you don't want to share them

What advantage is there to setting up the household thing? We just all use the same account.
Some of us modern households have separate bank accounts and credit cards. I kept telling her to just use my account when she wanted to order stuff to get free shipping and half the time she wouldn't. This solves that problem with a click of the button.

Some of us modern households have separate bank accounts and credit cards. I kept telling her to just use my account when she wanted to order stuff to get free shipping and half the time she wouldn't. This solves that problem with a click of the button.
We have separate financial accounts. You pick the credit card you want to use when checking out.

You have always been able to add 4 accounts to your prime membership for shipping purposes only. I send a ton of stuff to my parents place piggy backing on my dad's membership. Can't use the video service or other stuff though.

In celebration of its pair of Mozart in the Jungle Golden Globes victories last Sunday, Amazon is reducing the price of Amazon Prime memberships this weekend. Subscribing will cost $73 — down from the regular $99 — from 9PM PT Friday until 11:59PM local time Sunday night.

As is normally the case with these promotions, Amazon is targeting them at new Prime members only. But you can finagle your way around that by purchasing a gift subscription and saving it for whenever your own existing membership is set to expire.

You have always been able to add 4 accounts to your prime membership for shipping purposes only. I send a ton of stuff to my parents place piggy backing on my dad's membership. Can't use the video service or other stuff though.
Yes. I had this setup for myself and my wife for shipping. She can go on and order whatever with here account.

Like I said it's not huge except when she always forgets my password and has to call me to log in to watch videos etc.

I just assumed when they allowed streaming and other features to the sub accounts it would "automatically" happen. I didn't realize I had to "convert". It's nice this way for 3 things I've noticed so far.

1) She had queue up her video and I'm unaffected by it. Meaning If I want to watch something else i can at the same time

2) Kindle - We don't read a lot so it's not a big deal but that is separated.

3) Christmas shopping - we shop a lot on Amazon and it at least hides that :)

You can setup to share media I think but really haven't looked into all the specifics

Very cool on the household thing. My wife has always gotten the free shipping even though the Prime is in my name. She didn't get all the Kindle lending stuff associated with Prime though and she reads a TON of books. This will save me money in the long run.

Users who are viewing this thread